Been listening for awhile, and decided to join up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: Been listening for awhile, and decided to join up.
Welcome....

And aren't you glad you took the red pill??

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 07:13 AM
G'day mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Welcome and please pass the scrapple.
18-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Welcome!
18-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Glad you decided to step into the wider world.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-11-2015, 03:47 PM
(17-11-2015 07:05 PM)OreWaUsopp Wrote:  Good morning/afternoon/evening, whenever you read this.
I am an atheist who, like many here, was raised Christian. Also, like many Christians, I grew up in a small, southern town, with little access to social interaction outside of a little bubble carefully organized and maintained by the community. I grew up thinking that maybe there were a handful of dubious doubters here and there, but, like myself, they were single individuals in a mass of dedicated believers.
As I got older, however, the internet came along, and I gradually came to realize that not believing was not such an uncommon way of life, and, eventually, I discovered TTA podcast, and, a few months later, here I am.
Years ago, even when I was doubtful of faith, I never would have dared listen to such a thing. Now, I'm happily free to watch or listen to whatever I please, and I even took a crack of my own at making some commentary on a particular brand of fanaticism. Up till now, everything I have posted online, on my channel, anyway, has been silly and inoffensive comedy, for the most part, but, this is the first time I've actually had the nerve to actually make a public rant about how the church abuses power and trust. Said video was researched, in part, with the podcast, the 'Satanic Panic' episode in specific, and yes, I linked the podcast in the description, and will mention it verbally by name in the wrapup.
Thank you all for being here for each other. I live in a city now, full of other people who literally do not give a damn about religion, but, when you're a kid in a tiny town with no one but followers to talk to, the world can seem pretty much run by god. I am happy to be among friends.

Welcome aboard, if you have any questions let me know.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)