Poll: What is your go-to?
Beer
Wine
Liquor
I don't drink
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Beer, wine or liquor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Beer, wine or liquor?
What do you prefer when you decide to have a drink and kickback?

I, myself, choose a Jack and Coke. (I can do Pepsi, too.) Smile Otherwise, I like the old go-to of Budweiser.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Beer, wine or liquor?
(03-03-2013 02:52 PM)Peanut Wrote:  What do you prefer when you decide to have a drink and kickback?

I, myself, choose a Jack and Coke. (I can do Pepsi, too.) Smile Otherwise, I like the old go-to of Budweiser.
Anything but beer. Also, am having a Cuba Libre right now (easiest to make, wasn't in the mood for anything fancy), so cheers!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
(03-03-2013 03:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  so cheers!
Cheers, indeed Wink It's 4:04 Pm right now, though. So no cheers for me quite yet Tongue

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
(03-03-2013 03:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Cheers, indeed Wink It's 4:04 Pm right now, though. So no cheers for me quite yet Tongue
No time is too late to start drinking, esp. on a Sunday Tongue But its 11pm here and I intend to get even drunker by the time the night is over...

But to answer your question - I like cocktails. Can't drink straight alcohol (even red wine is rather yucky), so I have to mix myself something palatable. (Not bragging, but I make some mean cocktails, too Angel )

03-03-2013, 03:30 PM
(03-03-2013 03:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 03:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Cheers, indeed Wink It's 4:04 Pm right now, though. So no cheers for me quite yet Tongue
No time is too late to start drinking, esp. on a Sunday Tongue But its 11pm here and I intend to get even drunker by the time the night is over...

But to answer your question - I like cocktails. Can't drink straight alcohol (even red wine is rather yucky), so I have to mix myself something palatable. (Not bragging, but I make some mean cocktails, too Angel )
I find differences in locale so interesting Smile

I tend make my mix drinks strong. People don't ask me to make them because I can handle more than they are used to.

03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't really have a "go to" I enjoy all 3.

Beer is nice when you're just chilling out at home, or wine.

If I'm out with friends my goto is margaritas or tequila drinks. Smile Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
(03-03-2013 03:30 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I tend make my mix drinks strong. People don't ask me to make them because I can handle more than they are used to.
Same here. And it only took me a couple of months to get like this... Before I went to Rio (last year), I didn't even drink (nor did I do a whole lot of other things). Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Any of above will do but a nice glass of Malbec is great.

Never read health books. You could die of a misprint.

Mark Twain
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah. I used to be able to handle quite a bit. I knew it was time to cut back when I drank almost a whole bottle of jose cuervo and didn't have a hangover the next morning Blush

Now I don't drink terribly often. But when I do I have enough to get me a bit tipsy and then I stop. (Thankfully it doesn't take me that long to reach that point now. Health and pocket book saved lol)
03-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't drink often either. I don't drink when my son is with me. (There's a clause on the custody agreement with his dad that the defendant CAN'T consume alcohol 24 hours prior to and during the times he has him. If he does, then the court will make him surrender his parental rights to me. But that's another story. This mommy knows when to say "stop.")

I have had wine, but I hate it. Ugh. I wanna feel fancy-like, but I can't stand the flavor. I had to pretend to drink the champagne when I was in my friend's wedding. I was at the front table, and acted like I drank it. I still toasted their union and all that.