Poll: What is your go-to?
Beer
Wine
Liquor
I don't drink
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Beer, wine or liquor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: Beer, wine or liquor?
Beer, usually.

[Image: beer_365.jpg]

Although there are occasions when a margarita, mojito, or whiskey sour can be appropriate. And straight liquor in certain social settings of course. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
(03-03-2013 04:32 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Beer, usually.

[Image: beer_365.jpg]

Although there are occasions when a margarita, mojito, or whiskey sour can be appropriate. And straight liquor in certain social settings of course. Drinking Beverage
[Image: 2287255428_a680917d4a_z.jpg?zz=1]

If you'll excuse me, I'll think I'll pass on the beer Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Any alcohol can make you fat. Ethanol is digested almost as a pure carbohydrate. Wink

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Haven't had a drink in years but when I did drink it was usually Barcardi and Pepsi or Coke. Vodka was okay too, wasn't much into the 'brown' liquors and can't stand tequila.

Do not like beer, never been a fan of wine but that could be because I didn't ever drink any that wasn't really cheap.

I do like a lot of the liquors to sip, after dinner drink types.

But alcohol was never my drug of choice and the long line of alcoholics on both sides of my family caused me to decide to just not drink.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 04:48 PM by Vera.)
(03-03-2013 04:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Any alcohol can make you fat. Ethanol is digested almost as a pure carbohydrate. Wink

I don't know. I finally lost all the farofa pounds I put on in Rio, so I can drink without any compunction (which is what I'm doing right now Tongue ), but I think beer does pack them on like nothing else does. Of course, there's a lot to be said about beer goggles (though I do believe, liquor works better in this case).

Anj, I know exactly what you mean. I've had more than my fair share of shit caused by people in my family drinking, but you know what? I'm not them and I kinda like myself after I've had a few... It is nice not worrying about every single thing under the sun once in a while.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I get that Vera, but I really don't miss it.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Mmmmm....BEEEER. Yes
I like an ice-cold Coors (not Coors Light; I have testicles); in a bottle and in the freezer for 25 minutes so when I open it and take the first long chug, it's icy cold and turns to slush when I put it down on the counter. I'm not a heavy drinker, though. This hasn't always been the case, but just in the last 6 months or so; my limit is 3. (I used to calculate my body weight and compare that to how much alcohol would kill me; then drink just less than that. But that was when I was suicidal) And because I'm a health-nut and don't drink often; 3 is plenty to get me stumbling and giggling like a moron. Blush

I like Jack and Coke, but I discovered that I like it by getting absolutely wrecked on it one night. I had a blackout and the next morning wasn't very pleasant. My stomach was pretty much stripped for the next day or two.

I like Manischewitz wine. I don't like other wines, but that one is really sweet. Every now and then I'll have a glass or two. I don't like to get drunk on it, though. It's such a slow drunk and is more dehydrating than it's worth. But two glasses is enough to get a nice, warm glow about me. I'm told I'm most pleasant when I'm drinking wine. lol

I've never liked Budweiser, though. My dad loves it but I think it tastes like shit. Bleh.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 06:54 AM
(04-03-2013 06:32 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Mmmmm....BEEEER
I've never liked Budweiser, though. My dad loves it but I think it tastes like shit. Bleh.
I love Budweiser Smile
But I was giggling uncontrollably the other night after 6...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
04-03-2013, 06:56 AM
(04-03-2013 06:54 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 06:32 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Mmmmm....BEEEER
I love Budweiser Smile
But I was giggling uncontrollably the other night after 6...
I dance a lot when I'm drunk. Blink And usually to songs that shouldn't be danced to. lol

Just something about my body craves a swaying movement when I'm hammered. I don't get it.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
I like all equally. I don't discriminate. It all depends on my mood.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post