Beer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: Beer
People talk shit about Corona.

For me, Corona is living in San Diego, hopping on the trolley and heading south of the border Friday afternoon. Bucket of Coronas, $20 for ten on ice, bartender laying out shots of tequila one minute.

Lines of coke the next. Waking up Sunday afternoon at our hotel @ Playas de Tijuana being all WTF? Huh

Feet, guide me home. Corona's alright.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Another good one from the UK here, and a favourite of mine when its in my local ale house, is from Salopian Brewery, named Darwins Origin! I picked it due to the name, and is a real good beer as well Thumbsup

[Image: salopian_-_darwins_1.jpg]

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
22-03-2017, 07:00 AM
(19-03-2017 05:59 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 05:48 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "There is no bad beer. Some are simply better than others." (German Proverb) Big Grin

No ...
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Just, no. No

'Cause you're not doing it with Navajo and crack in Tucson. Laugh out load

Tattooed that hornet on one o'them redskins.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 07:30 PM
(21-03-2017 07:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Chimay is one I can't get to the price point with. It's OK, but I've found those that I prefer for less money.
Chimay is a downright bargain compared to the prices some of the exotic micros are going for, these days.
Like Hair of the Dog's Fred -- the "from the wood" version was about $18 for 12 ounces, last time I looked.

In fact, it's a little ironic that you can get a lot of Belgian imports -- including authentic abbey ales -- for less than some American micro's attempts to duplicate them.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
22-03-2017, 07:44 PM
(20-03-2017 05:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Recently I tasted honey-cake flavored beer. Pure bliss it was:

[Image: piernikowy_foch2-600x450.jpg]

We've been getting quite a number of Polish beers here lately, at my favorite local beer store. Mostly stuff from the big breweries -- Żywiec, Tyskie, Okocim -- but also a few others, like Łomża.

Haven't seen that one yet, though. Sounds interesting.
Do you know if they're exporting?

--
Dr H

22-03-2017, 07:55 PM
(22-03-2017 07:30 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 07:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Chimay is one I can't get to the price point with. It's OK, but I've found those that I prefer for less money.
Chimay is a downright bargain compared to the prices some of the exotic micros are going for, these days.
Like Hair of the Dog's Fred -- the "from the wood" version was about $18 for 12 ounces, last time I looked.

In fact, it's a little ironic that you can get a lot of Belgian imports -- including authentic abbey ales -- for less than some American micro's attempts to duplicate them.

I bought a 3-pack of Chimay at CostCo many years ago, but just can't get past the price. I also had a Ruination Ale from Stone Brewing once, just because. Didn't like it. But I do like Stone Brewing's Arrogant Bastard Ale (I have one in the fridge, atm, I'll be about that once I finish this Sam Adams Boston Lager I'm currently draining), Double Bastard Ale and Old Guardian Barley Wine. I don't think that a 12-ounce bottle of anything but some good spirits is going to get into my pocket for $18 anytime soon. I like flavor, but damn.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Beer
Had this tonight. Not too bad.
[Image: 423e1157baa654dea2098a0a57176b56.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-04-2017, 07:04 PM
(22-03-2017 08:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Had this tonight. Not too bad.
[Image: 423e1157baa654dea2098a0a57176b56.jpg]

Good stuff. They also make a doppio malto that's sort of the Italian equivalent of a German doppel bock. A little hard to find in the states, though.

--
Dr H

04-04-2017, 08:35 PM
XXXX BITTER
05-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Can we discuss other alcoholic beverages here as well? Or is there a different thread for that?

I like my beer dark and malty, and I've brewed quite a bit of my own. Guinness is still my favorite. Copper John is a close second.