Beer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: Beer
People talk shit about Corona.

For me, Corona is living in San Diego, hopping on the trolley and heading south of the border Friday afternoon. Bucket of Coronas, $20 for ten on ice, bartender laying out shots of tequila one minute.

Lines of coke the next. Waking up Sunday afternoon at our hotel @ Playas de Tijuana being all WTF? Huh

Feet, guide me home. Corona's alright.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Another good one from the UK here, and a favourite of mine when its in my local ale house, is from Salopian Brewery, named Darwins Origin! I picked it due to the name, and is a real good beer as well Thumbsup

[Image: salopian_-_darwins_1.jpg]

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
22-03-2017, 07:00 AM
(19-03-2017 05:59 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 05:48 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "There is no bad beer. Some are simply better than others." (German Proverb) Big Grin

No ...
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Just, no. No

'Cause you're not doing it with Navajo and crack in Tucson. Laugh out load

Tattooed that hornet on one o'them redskins.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 07:30 PM
(21-03-2017 07:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Chimay is one I can't get to the price point with. It's OK, but I've found those that I prefer for less money.
Chimay is a downright bargain compared to the prices some of the exotic micros are going for, these days.
Like Hair of the Dog's Fred -- the "from the wood" version was about $18 for 12 ounces, last time I looked.

In fact, it's a little ironic that you can get a lot of Belgian imports -- including authentic abbey ales -- for less than some American micro's attempts to duplicate them.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
22-03-2017, 07:44 PM
(20-03-2017 05:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Recently I tasted honey-cake flavored beer. Pure bliss it was:

[Image: piernikowy_foch2-600x450.jpg]

We've been getting quite a number of Polish beers here lately, at my favorite local beer store. Mostly stuff from the big breweries -- Żywiec, Tyskie, Okocim -- but also a few others, like Łomża.

Haven't seen that one yet, though. Sounds interesting.
Do you know if they're exporting?

--
Dr H

22-03-2017, 07:55 PM
(22-03-2017 07:30 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 07:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Chimay is one I can't get to the price point with. It's OK, but I've found those that I prefer for less money.
Chimay is a downright bargain compared to the prices some of the exotic micros are going for, these days.
Like Hair of the Dog's Fred -- the "from the wood" version was about $18 for 12 ounces, last time I looked.

In fact, it's a little ironic that you can get a lot of Belgian imports -- including authentic abbey ales -- for less than some American micro's attempts to duplicate them.

I bought a 3-pack of Chimay at CostCo many years ago, but just can't get past the price. I also had a Ruination Ale from Stone Brewing once, just because. Didn't like it. But I do like Stone Brewing's Arrogant Bastard Ale (I have one in the fridge, atm, I'll be about that once I finish this Sam Adams Boston Lager I'm currently draining), Double Bastard Ale and Old Guardian Barley Wine. I don't think that a 12-ounce bottle of anything but some good spirits is going to get into my pocket for $18 anytime soon. I like flavor, but damn.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Beer
Had this tonight. Not too bad.
[Image: 423e1157baa654dea2098a0a57176b56.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-04-2017, 07:04 PM
(22-03-2017 08:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Had this tonight. Not too bad.
[Image: 423e1157baa654dea2098a0a57176b56.jpg]

Good stuff. They also make a doppio malto that's sort of the Italian equivalent of a German doppel bock. A little hard to find in the states, though.

--
Dr H

04-04-2017, 08:35 PM
XXXX BITTER
05-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Can we discuss other alcoholic beverages here as well? Or is there a different thread for that?

I like my beer dark and malty, and I've brewed quite a bit of my own. Guinness is still my favorite. Copper John is a close second.