Beer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: Beer
(05-04-2017 06:35 PM)captainphilbo Wrote:  Can we discuss other alcoholic beverages here as well? Or is there a different thread for that?

I like my beer dark and malty, and I've brewed quite a bit of my own. Guinness is still my favorite. Copper John is a close second.

There's a single malt thread (?) somewhere. Look around. There's probably a thread for cabbages and kings, here somewhere. Wait, that's what happens to most threads.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-04-2017, 11:22 AM
(05-04-2017 07:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 06:35 PM)captainphilbo Wrote:  Can we discuss other alcoholic beverages here as well? Or is there a different thread for that?

I like my beer dark and malty, and I've brewed quite a bit of my own. Guinness is still my favorite. Copper John is a close second.

There's a single malt thread (?) somewhere. Look around. There's probably a thread for cabbages and kings, here somewhere. Wait, that's what happens to most threads.

The single malt thread is in the "Food" subforum, but it's been quiet lately.
06-04-2017, 04:25 PM
(06-04-2017 11:22 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 07:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  There's a single malt thread (?) somewhere. Look around. There's probably a thread for cabbages and kings, here somewhere. Wait, that's what happens to most threads.

The single malt thread is in the "Food" subforum, but it's been quiet lately.

We've been out, drinking. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
20-04-2017, 04:07 PM
(Deleted duplicate post...)

--
Dr H

22-04-2017, 03:41 PM
I lived in Belgium for 6 years (10 km from Chimay actually), so I have tasted a lot of belgian beers. I know Belgium probably offers the widest varieties of beers and tastes compared to other countries (there are like 1200 different beers in Belgium), but I like german beers much more.
Belgian beers are too strong, speciale beers usually have an ABV of at least 6,5%, often more (usually between 7 or 8%), that's too much for me. I still have some favorites, like the Leffe Royale from the keg (almost a trap : it's strong, but it doesn't taste strong).
Anyway, there's nothing like sitting in a biergärten in summer and drinking a fresh german beer in a 1L glass Smile
I like to taste different beers, but most of the time, I drink Corona or pilsners Smile
22-04-2017, 03:51 PM
My 3 faves are Yingengling dark, Fosters dark and Sapporo dark or "Ale". Noticing a theme here? Once you go dark you never go back. Yinglengling ironically is America's oldest beer. And ironically Budweiser is no longer owned by an American company and looking back, pisswater in any case.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-04-2017, 01:41 PM
(22-04-2017 03:51 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  My 3 faves are Yingengling dark, Fosters dark and Sapporo dark or "Ale". Noticing a theme here? Once you go dark you never go back. Yinglengling ironically is America's oldest beer. And ironically Budweiser is no longer owned by an American company and looking back, pisswater in any case.

I always catch some Yuengling when I go back east. when I grew up there you could only get it in bottles, in a few places; these days it seems to be on tap everywhere.

AB (Bud) is no longer owned by an American company, but hell, a lot of beer isn't made where one might think it ought to be. All the Guinness I see here is brewed in Canada, and the frickin' Fosters comes from Texas.

Man Sues Over Foster's Beer Being Brewed in Texas, Not Australia

--
Dr H

24-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Dogfish Head in DE makes some good brews. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that you can't eat fish which comes out of DE waters because Dow and Perdue poisoned them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-04-2017, 07:21 PM
I love beer! It is always present in the party and I love party! In every occasions we have these.
25-04-2017, 07:37 PM
I had one of these babies at our local Vietnamese restaurant the other day. So good. And so cute, with the widdle owl on the front!! Heart

[Image: DSC03097.jpg]