Beginning a new career in software design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Beginning a new career in software design
3 words. Internet of Things.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2016, 08:51 PM
(26-05-2016 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  3 words. Internet of Things.

As much as I don't like the idea of my fridge telling me I need to buy milk on the way home from work, I do understand that this is the way it is going.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Anyone out there have opinions about dev bootcamps? They seem to be tech recruiting firms looking for new CS or software guys who they hire and train up for entry into the industry on the condition that said candidate work for them for a period of time. The upside as I understand is that most houses provide pretty good practical training for their candidates to speed them up for entry into industry. The downside is that you are signed into an employment contract that you will only work for their firms for a set time and they do tend to take very costly legal action if you violate that contract.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
08-06-2016, 09:05 PM
(08-06-2016 08:06 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Anyone out there have opinions about dev bootcamps? They seem to be tech recruiting firms looking for new CS or software guys who they hire and train up for entry into the industry on the condition that said candidate work for them for a period of time. The upside as I understand is that most houses provide pretty good practical training for their candidates to speed them up for entry into industry. The downside is that you are signed into an employment contract that you will only work for their firms for a set time and they do tend to take very costly legal action if you violate that contract.

I would never signup for shit that says my brilliant summer work is owned by fucking Boeing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post