Beginning of Human Evolution (Divergence from other Apes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Beginning of Human Evolution (Divergence from other Apes)
(12-08-2012 11:52 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm glad you liked it. I can't take credit, though. Genetics is still a weak subject for me. The Carl Zimmer article that I linked above helped me to grasp what happened in our lineage.

Yes; it is very much an intricate and long, drawn out process. It takes thousands of years of that odd, intimate dynamic to result in the evolution of us. It's no wonder that we're only just now beginning to understand this process in greater depth. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 03:02 PM
(12-08-2012 12:03 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 11:52 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm glad you liked it. I can't take credit, though. Genetics is still a weak subject for me. The Carl Zimmer article that I linked above helped me to grasp what happened in our lineage.

Yes; it is very much an intricate and long, drawn out process. It takes thousands millions of years of that odd, intimate dynamic to result in the evolution of us. It's no wonder that we're only just now beginning to understand this process in greater depth. Thumbsup

Fixed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-08-2012, 04:13 PM
(12-08-2012 03:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 12:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes; it is very much an intricate and long, drawn out process. It takes thousands millions of years of that odd, intimate dynamic to result in the evolution of us. It's no wonder that we're only just now beginning to understand this process in greater depth. Thumbsup

Fixed.

Ooops. Blush Laughat

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
30-09-2012, 11:28 AM
GREAT thread! Thanks for the awesome link ghostexorcist. It answers a lot of questions I've always had.
30-09-2012, 11:34 AM
It's also important to understand the concept of genetic "bottleneck", and it's consequences.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/ev...ecks.shtml

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Considering all the nut-scratching, chest-beating, and howling going on; what divergence? Big Grin

...and fucking Bucky and his apostrophe s. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-09-2012, 12:00 PM
(30-09-2012 11:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and fucking Bucky and his apostrophe s. Dodgy

What's wrong with them ?
One is a contraction, and one is a possessive. Huh

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

30-09-2012, 12:02 PM
(30-09-2012 11:28 AM)imlemuel Wrote:  GREAT thread! Thanks for the awesome link ghostexorcist. It answers a lot of questions I've always had.

No problem. The Carl Zimmer piece helped me out a lot too. He is also a super nice guy. He quickly answers any questions I send his way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 12:16 PM
(30-09-2012 12:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 11:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and fucking Bucky and his apostrophe s. Dodgy

What's wrong with them ?

"Consequences" is a possessive of "it," not a contraction. Dumbass. Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-09-2012, 12:36 PM
(30-09-2012 12:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 12:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What's wrong with them ?

"Consequences" is a possessive of "it," not a contraction. Dumbass. Big Grin Big Grin

Wow. So it is. So if I said Dave's consequences, it would be correct, or not ?
It this an exception of some sort, or just me never noticing this ?