Beginning of Human Evolution (Divergence from other Apes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: Beginning of Human Evolution (Divergence from other Apes)
(30-09-2012 12:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 12:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Consequences" is a possessive of "it," not a contraction. Dumbass. Big Grin Big Grin

Wow. So it is. So if I said Dave's consequences, it would be correct, or not ?
It this an exception of some sort, or just me never noticing this ?

Yep. Exception, just for it, cause English is all sensible and shit. Dodgy

(so its consequences, as it cannot be plural.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-09-2012, 01:19 PM
(30-09-2012 12:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 12:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. So it is. So if I said Dave's consequences, it would be correct, or not ?
It this an exception of some sort, or just me never noticing this ?

Yep. Exception, just for it, cause English is all sensible and shit. Dodgy

(so its consequences, as it cannot be plural.)

Ok. So your prophet bonus is still possible, this year. TongueTongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
(10-08-2012 03:49 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I don't think the fusion resulted in the morphological differences between humans and chimps. The human body is the result of 7 million years of independent evolution from our ape cousins... [snip]...We most likely switched to bipedal locomotion because it requires less energy than walking on all fours and because we needed our hands to carry food or tools over flat ground. An upright posture also provides less surface area for the sun to heat up.

There was a paper I read earlier this year which posited that the real evolutionary reason we started standing as hominids was because it allowed expanded lung capacity and better breathing and required less overall energy as we ran down animals in persistence hunting. We weren't very fast or strong critters compared to the big game a couple of million years ago. Social hunting and persistence probably leveled the playing field in a lot of ways.
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Anybody else here reckon that the Bonobos took the more admirable evolutionary path?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
(01-10-2012 12:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Anybody else here reckon that the Bonobos took the more admirable evolutionary path?

They sure did. They live in a peaceful semi-egalitarian society and get all the ass they could ever want.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
(01-10-2012 11:40 AM)GabrielSun Wrote:  There was a paper I read earlier this year which posited that the real evolutionary reason we started standing as hominids was because it allowed expanded lung capacity and better breathing and required less overall energy as we ran down animals in persistence hunting. We weren't very fast or strong critters compared to the big game a couple of million years ago. Social hunting and persistence probably leveled the playing field in a lot of ways.

I heard it was from peeking over the tall grass, looking for tigers.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
(02-10-2012 05:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 11:40 AM)GabrielSun Wrote:  There was a paper I read earlier this year which posited that the real evolutionary reason we started standing as hominids was because it allowed expanded lung capacity and better breathing and required less overall energy as we ran down animals in persistence hunting. We weren't very fast or strong critters compared to the big game a couple of million years ago. Social hunting and persistence probably leveled the playing field in a lot of ways.

I heard it was from peeking over the tall grass, looking for tigers.

Lions. No tigers in Africa.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-10-2012, 03:09 PM
(01-10-2012 06:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 12:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Anybody else here reckon that the Bonobos took the more admirable evolutionary path?

They sure did. They live in a peaceful semi-egalitarian society and get all the ass they could ever want.

We've been trying to steer humanity in this direction but... something keeps happening to fuck it up.

I got news for you guys... there are times when we fuck you, just to shut you up. Don't tell anyone I told you that or I'd lose my membership or vagina or something. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-10-2012, 03:31 PM
(03-10-2012 03:09 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 06:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  They sure did. They live in a peaceful semi-egalitarian society and get all the ass they could ever want.

We've been trying to steer humanity in this direction but... something keeps happening to fuck it up.

I got news for you guys... there are times when we fuck you, just to shut you up. Don't tell anyone I told you that or I'd lose my membership or vagina or something. Dodgy

Thanks. Thumbsup My ex already told me that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2012, 04:17 PM
(03-10-2012 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 03:09 PM)kim Wrote:  We've been trying to steer humanity in this direction but... something keeps happening to fuck it up.

Thanks. Thumbsup My ex already told me that.

Yeah, we know this, Kim. But (and this too is a secret), we don't say we know or the girls will think we are not shutting up just so we can get some.

At the risk of losing my membership, knob or something, here's another secret... We can multi-task (but telling the fairer sex would mean that they would make us do it all the time).