Being Afraid of People?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 11:46 PM
RE: Being Afraid of People?
(17-08-2013 10:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 06:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Well... we only got one natural predator... each other. Evil_monster

And bacteria, viruses, bears, zombies, vampires, God, pointy sticks, falling rocks, tornadoes, bears, AI (Especially with laser cannons), ourselves, hurricanes, asteroids, the government, typhoons, gonorrhea, sirens, sand storms, snow storms, giant flaming balls of fire that attack us from underneath, aliens, lions, The Umbrella Cooperation, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, time, super villains, loneliness, knowledge, wood chippers, hail, rabid dogs, angry spirits, sharks, The Darma Initiative, entropy...you know what, I'm just going to cut to the chase, the universe wants us dead. Drinking Beverage

Awesome!

But you forgot about KC's snake.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-08-2013, 11:47 PM
(17-08-2013 11:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 10:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  And bacteria, viruses, bears, zombies, vampires, God, pointy sticks, falling rocks, tornadoes, bears, AI (Especially with laser cannons), ourselves, hurricanes, asteroids, the government, typhoons, gonorrhea, sirens, sand storms, snow storms, giant flaming balls of fire that attack us from underneath, aliens, lions, The Umbrella Cooperation, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, time, super villains, loneliness, knowledge, wood chippers, hail, rabid dogs, angry spirits, sharks, The Darma Initiative, entropy...you know what, I'm just going to cut to the chase, the universe wants us dead. Drinking Beverage

Awesome!

But you forgot about KC's snake.

Dodgy
What a way to go!

17-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Nah, it's totally normal...ever watch a dog interacting with a schizophrenic? It's natural to be alert/on guard around someone you sense to be irrational in behavior.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2013, 04:32 AM
(17-08-2013 05:15 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Me a bad person for being afraid of her. Even though she can't help being mentally ill, or that she's not safe off her meds.
No.No

A blunt, sad fact of life is that some people suffer from these problems. Your only hope is to learn how to accept it.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
18-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Fear is a perfectly normal and useful reaction. It is designed to put you on alert.

So then you think the situation through, and decide whether THIS TIME the fear is not warranted. It doesn't mean it will never be warranted, it just applies to the current situation.

So your brain will over ride the fear. The fear will come back another time, it is a natural response to a stimulus and it is hard wired. Just take it for what it is - an uneducated alert that needs to be evaluated. Just acknowledge it and carry on.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2013, 09:03 AM
(17-08-2013 11:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Nah, it's totally normal...ever watch a dog interacting with a schizophrenic? It's natural to be alert/on guard around someone you sense to be irrational in behavior.
Yeah, some dogs are wary around me too, they don't like a hyperrational behavior.
18-08-2013, 10:28 AM
(18-08-2013 09:03 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 11:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Nah, it's totally normal...ever watch a dog interacting with a schizophrenic? It's natural to be alert/on guard around someone you sense to be irrational in behavior.
Yeah, some dogs are wary around me too, they don't like a hyperrational behavior.

I was going to ask if that means you are a schizophrenic... but I won't because...
dogs hate me too!

Sadcryface2

18-08-2013, 01:44 PM
With medication, you should have nothing to worry about around her. Accept her and treat her as if she is normal. She probably wants kind and equal treatment, not for people to sit hesitantly next to her because they know of her illness.

You're not a bad person though. Just alert.
Hug
18-08-2013, 02:19 PM
(18-08-2013 09:03 AM)Luminon Wrote:  

Dogs are wary around me because they know deep down that I will just fucking eat them. Cats on the other hand ... Bechased

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-08-2013, 10:07 PM
You may have Xenophobia.

Or you're just afraid of what would happen if your aunt had no meds.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post