Being Politically Active

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Being Politically Active
I greatly appreciated Seth's recent podcast, "One Nation Divisible." I've never been very politically active, but am making it my New Year's resolution to do all I can to resist the damage the incoming presidential administration could do to our nation and planet. Besides The Thinking Atheist, what other sites should I be following? I'm looking for balanced, well-researched sources of information regarding potential legislation and causes I should be aware of, and the shortest path possible to taking action against those that I'm opposed to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MVollmer's post
31-12-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Being Politically Active
Welcome to TTA.

We have all kinds of different nationalities and political orientations here, I am sure you will get some good answers.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-12-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm not active either but I do read these guys FFRF and this fellow seems friendly and well-informed.

#sigh
31-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Congressional Dish podcast

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-01-2017, 01:53 PM
I second the recommendation for Friendly Atheist. In fact, there's good stuff all over the Patheos "Non-religious" channel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Another vote for friendly atheist podcast.

As for major news sources, I find NPR to be very balanced and unbiased. I have no idea why people think they 'lean left'.

What sort of political activism do you seek? There are marches scheduled on Jan. 21st, all over the US and elsewhere.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
01-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I've gone to two anti-trump marches. I wrote my senator and had 15 signatures attached to the petition which I composed myself. I phoned the other senator and sent an e-mail. I've sent money to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence's name. (loved doing that! ) I've signed several other petitions and signed up to volunteer for the local democratic party. I've never done anything like this. This is a very bold thing for me to do. The one great thing about trump is that the opposing side has something to galvanize and unify them and people like me who haven't participated in politics much, except to vote, are now taking action. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post