Being a high maintenance girl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Being a high maintenance girl
(11-12-2013 10:46 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 10:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's funny how a girl wanting to look nice is automatically "high maintenance"

This makes me mad in the same way a girl who wants a financial stable partner is automatically a "golddigger"

Someone who wants to be involved with someone financially stable doesn't scream gold digger to me. Just means they prefer stability. Stability is not a bad thing.

I totally agree. But you'd be surprised when I've said to people "I wouldn't date someone unless they had a good stable income" will make jokes about golddigging.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
(11-12-2013 10:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 10:46 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Someone who wants to be involved with someone financially stable doesn't scream gold digger to me. Just means they prefer stability. Stability is not a bad thing.

I totally agree. But you'd be surprised when I've said to people "I wouldn't date someone unless they had a good stable income" will make jokes about golddigging.

"You know what I want in a man? Instability. Yeah, I think it would be nice to date someone who can't pay his bills consistently. And you know what else? It would be fantastic if he doesn't know what he wants in life and constantly changes his mind and frivolously blows his money on stuff he doesn't need, so that he can't actually save up or ever have money. That way when we want to go on dates and have fun, we can't! Or travel... or do anything really. He should work a minimum wage job and never ever strive for anything greater and spend the rest of his life pretty much wallowing in his own self pity. That sounds.... perfect." ~No girl ever

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
11-12-2013, 11:21 PM
I have no problem with a girl who takes forever to get ready. Of course, I see little benefit of spending 3x the time for a 10% improvement... But whatever.
My problem is with being on time. If we agree on a time... Better not be late, cause that is absolutely unacceptable when you have half the day to prepare.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-12-2013, 11:21 PM
My husband says all women are high maintenance. Drinking Beverage

It's not about their needs, or how whiny they are, it's not about how they dress or how much money they spend.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

11-12-2013, 11:26 PM
(11-12-2013 11:08 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 10:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I totally agree. But you'd be surprised when I've said to people "I wouldn't date someone unless they had a good stable income" will make jokes about golddigging.

"You know what I want in a man? Instability. Yeah, I think it would be nice to date someone who can't pay his bills consistently. And you know what else? It would be fantastic if he doesn't know what he wants in life and constantly changes his mind and frivolously blows his money on stuff he doesn't need, so that he can't actually save up or ever have money. That way when we want to go on dates and have fun, we can't! Or travel... or do anything really. He should work a minimum wage job and never ever strive for anything greater and spend the rest of his life pretty much wallowing in his own self pity. That sounds.... perfect." ~No girl ever

Me - "I'm a man who knows exactly what he wants."
She smiles, seems impressed.. Must have just made an assumption of some kind.
Me - "...Oh that doesn't mean youre going to like it."
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-12-2013, 11:37 PM
(11-12-2013 11:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 11:08 PM)Logisch Wrote:  "You know what I want in a man? Instability. Yeah, I think it would be nice to date someone who can't pay his bills consistently. And you know what else? It would be fantastic if he doesn't know what he wants in life and constantly changes his mind and frivolously blows his money on stuff he doesn't need, so that he can't actually save up or ever have money. That way when we want to go on dates and have fun, we can't! Or travel... or do anything really. He should work a minimum wage job and never ever strive for anything greater and spend the rest of his life pretty much wallowing in his own self pity. That sounds.... perfect." ~No girl ever

Me - "I'm a man who knows exactly what he wants."
She smiles, seems impressed.. Must have just made an assumption of some kind.
Me - "...Oh that doesn't mean youre going to like it."

You are correct, my main point was just the flip side of the statement really, not specific to all people or applicable to all people.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
12-12-2013, 12:43 AM
(11-12-2013 08:44 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  It's not like I do it on a daily basis, on average I take about two hours in the bathroom so there!

2 hours per week sounds about right to me. 10 minutes a day for showering and 10 minutes a day for shitting and pissing. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
12-12-2013, 01:07 AM
(12-12-2013 12:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 08:44 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  It's not like I do it on a daily basis, on average I take about two hours in the bathroom so there!

2 hours per week sounds about right to me. 10 minutes a day for showering and 10 minutes a day for shitting and pissing. Thumbsup
Do you enjoy freaking me out or something?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2013, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 02:02 AM by GirlyMan.)
(12-12-2013 01:07 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 12:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  2 hours per week sounds about right to me. 10 minutes a day for showering and 10 minutes a day for shitting and pissing. Thumbsup
Do you enjoy freaking me out or something?

That's pretty much accurate for Girly. Shower takes like 10 minutes and I brush my teeth in the shower so that's included. I shave once a year so that ain't a factor. Shit and/or piss takes a minute or two and there's maybe 5-7 of them a day. Why you freaked out? That comes out like 2-3 hours per week.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
12-12-2013, 01:57 AM
(12-12-2013 01:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 01:07 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Do you enjoy freaking me out or something?

That's pretty much accurate for Girly. Shower takes like 10 minutes and I brush my teeth in the shower so that's included. I shave once a year so that ain't a factor. Shit and/or piss takes a minute or two and there's maybe 5-7 of them a day. Why you freaked out?
I'm one of those girls who pretends that poop doesn't happen! And i take way more than 10 minutes in the bath.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post