Being an atheist and stupid cunts on the tele.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2016, 02:13 AM
RE: Being an atheist and stupid cunts on the tele.
(03-09-2016 12:59 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 12:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hertzsprung-Russell diagram!

Yesssssss!!!!! SHIT IS FINALLY SINKING IN! Banana_zorro

I knew exactly what the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram was without having to Google it or open a textbook.

You be a fine girl... Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Ref OP.

Any instances yet of bible fondling man speaking out for gay rights?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-09-2016, 12:42 AM
(02-09-2016 11:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I think your choice of The Imitation Game was a poor example.

Turing was an absolute hero and very much was persecuted to the point of suicide by a homophobic society; people needed to know both of those things. It's a great movie. I watched it with a White Supremacist cellmate and he was so moved by the film (especially the outstanding performance of Benedict Cumberbatch) that he started talking about it with me, and eventually stopped being homophobic entirely. If you knew the amount of hate and vitriol that had come out of his mouth toward anyone who wasn't a WASP, prior to that, you'd know how amazing that transformation was. I know I was shocked!

He was recently released and got in touch with me on Facebook to let me know that he'd also given up on racism as a result of our talks... and all of them were made possible by that film.

To you, it might not be a big deal, since you don't care who belongs to what racial group, religion, or sexual orientation, so you're annoyed at efforts to show those groups in a more favorable light than has been the norm in the past. I get it. But I think every little step toward treating our fellow human beings decently is critically important, and those types of movies/films go a long way toward informing the cultural zeitgeist.

That's fine but if what you're going for is the story of him being ostracized for being gay despite what he did make that the movie. If you wanna make a movie about how he won the war make that the movie. Purely from a movie point of view what the director did made the whole thing feel disjointed. It was like two movies in one. It was a movie about how he won the war with this gay thing thrown unexpectedly on the end.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-09-2016, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 01:10 AM by morondog.)
(04-09-2016 12:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 11:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I think your choice of The Imitation Game was a poor example.

Turing was an absolute hero and very much was persecuted to the point of suicide by a homophobic society; people needed to know both of those things. It's a great movie. I watched it with a White Supremacist cellmate and he was so moved by the film (especially the outstanding performance of Benedict Cumberbatch) that he started talking about it with me, and eventually stopped being homophobic entirely. If you knew the amount of hate and vitriol that had come out of his mouth toward anyone who wasn't a WASP, prior to that, you'd know how amazing that transformation was. I know I was shocked!

He was recently released and got in touch with me on Facebook to let me know that he'd also given up on racism as a result of our talks... and all of them were made possible by that film.

To you, it might not be a big deal, since you don't care who belongs to what racial group, religion, or sexual orientation, so you're annoyed at efforts to show those groups in a more favorable light than has been the norm in the past. I get it. But I think every little step toward treating our fellow human beings decently is critically important, and those types of movies/films go a long way toward informing the cultural zeitgeist.

That's fine but if what you're going for is the story of him being ostracized for being gay despite what he did make that the movie. If you wanna make a movie about how he won the war make that the movie. Purely from a movie point of view what the director did made the whole thing feel disjointed. It was like two movies in one. It was a movie about how he won the war with this gay thing thrown unexpectedly on the end.

Could have been better told, but yeah, the history did happen pretty close to that. He was chemically castrated, he did have a lady friend whom at one stage he was planning to marry and he did later call it off on account that he preferred sausage. And he was instrumental in cracking the enigma code. Although I think he and the other mathematicians were substantially brighter than portrayed in the movie Rolleyes I mean fuck sakes, they're all sitting around wondering why the machine's not fast enough and only 'cos of some chance remark at the bar do they figure out they can reduce the search space? Any schmuck would have been thinking on those lines before they even built the bloody thing.

ETA: Him being gay was a theme throughout the movie, from the scenes with his school friend right through. Also the other guys on the project comment on it at some stage, so it's hardly thrown in as an afterthought. I thought the film did a good job of portraying the narrowminded busybody kind of attitude that people took towards it though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-09-2016, 02:19 AM
I have this feeling they are going to do this to Temperence Brennen whenever the final seaon of Bones happens.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-09-2016, 04:32 AM
(02-09-2016 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Banjo! They made 2 seasons! Go watch that shit son.
That show was very good.

I had NO idea. Thanks so much, oh Wise One. Smile

BTW. I really appreciated your support recently.

You'll always have mine.

And remember, I owe you a roast chicken. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-09-2016, 10:55 AM
I knew who wrote this topic without opening it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-09-2016, 11:01 AM
(02-09-2016 05:53 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  All the fucking time. I hate getting into a TV show or movie where the empathetic characters portray compassion and fuck it up with mentioning God. It fucking pisses me off because it assumes anyone who doesn't believe cant understand empathy or compassion.

What I have found in real life is that Christians cannot really understand the idea of honesty. They have to believe so many impossible things that it fucks up their heads.
04-09-2016, 04:03 PM
(02-09-2016 05:53 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  All the fucking time. I hate getting into a TV show or movie where the empathetic characters portray compassion and fuck it up with mentioning God. It fucking pisses me off because it assumes anyone who doesn't believe cant understand empathy or compassion.

Muffs example was legit because it deals with rewriting history and imposing atheism, which was incorrect.

You're just lol.

Characters that portray some type of belief are no different than characters that portray no belief. No assumptions are made unless you already have a preconceived chip on your shoulder.

Did you get pissed off at Maximus when he prayed to his Roman gods in Gladiator? What about Conan when he claimed his help came from Crom?

The characters are written in a way to show their personalities; whether it be strength, compassion, empathy, etc. If a character has a belief, it's not that that defines them; it's their ACTIONS throughout the movie/show that allow you to see it.

You're so hilariously close-minded and blinded by your own malevolent agenda that your name should be Ken Ham instead Brian.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
04-09-2016, 04:32 PM
I understand the sneaking in religiousness stuff. That's pretty annoying.

However, I need as much gayness in my life as I can handle. Smile

☆☆☆
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post