Being fired for my beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Being fired for my beliefs
(14-09-2012 07:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  Ravn

Saw your PM. I will try to find some time this weekend to play with it.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Those motherfucking cuntbuckets.

Fuck them, dude.

What nonsense is this shit?! Insane fucking bigots.

Listen, this may come as a fucking shock, but if it was me, I would fucking moon the shit out of the boss.

I feel for you man, my friend also got fired because he was an atheist, but he didn't fight it.

Don't fucking take this shit, you are a goddamn human.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-09-2012, 08:38 PM
(14-09-2012 10:13 AM)ravnwolf Wrote:  Thank you for all the suggestions. They didn't fight the unemployment, but they pretty much ruined my life. That's the part I want them to pay for so they'll understand that they can't just do what they want and not have consequences. They do have a handbook. Unfortunately, they required it back before they would give me my last check, so I can't verify their process. I do recall there being a process, I just can't remember how detailed it was in regards to disciplinary action, improvement, etc.

Trying to find a lawyer is my problem. I put in a call for one in the Atlanta area several weeks back, but he never called me back. I certainly don't want to use anyone around here. I'm pretty confident they would be biased.

I've specifically made an effort not to mention their name in any social networking arenas because this is somewhat of a small town (15k city, 35k county-wide). My gut wants to come out swinging and tear them down, but I'm pretty confident that would only serve to destroy what little dignity I have left.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions.

Contact your Local ACLU office and talk to them they would have the best advice for you, its their speciality. Here in Mi I know they also have lawyers on a team where they volunteer their time and if they think you have a case but not one they can take they will refer you.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 1 user Likes Alice's post
14-09-2012, 08:55 PM
(14-09-2012 08:01 PM)ravnwolf Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 07:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  Ravn

Saw your PM. I will try to find some time this weekend to play with it.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Smile

I'd be willing to sign up to help as well. The content's quite good, just needs work on the presentation. ... Have to write up my accomplishments every year so the powers that be can "rate" me. Just finished mine for this fiscal year so I'm still wearing my bullshitter cap.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation. That really sucks. My jobs are by nature temporary and I know what it's like to be suddenly idle. I'd try everything the others have suggested - sitting on your ass whining and feeling sorry for yourself won't cure a thing. Kicking them in the family jewels might make you feel better.

I'll pray for you.

Oh, wait......

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
14-09-2012, 10:25 PM
(14-09-2012 05:26 PM)ravnwolf Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 02:12 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Speak for yourself, DLJ; I may be hiring and I certainly could use another atheist in the workplace (not that this is my first consideration, not even close, and I'm not really allowed to ask so note that I'm not asking nor would I).

I'd look at your resume if you are, by chance, a software QA engineer with a network admin and/or DBA background and willing to relocate to Utah.

(Nope, I'm not soliciting to hire an employee, I'm just saying he's welcome to ask for a job if he wants to).

I can't relocate to Utah (well, don't think I can), but here's my resume for anyone that is interested. http://goo.gl/jtZQ4

Can't or won't?
I hear there are one or two religious types in Utah!

Have you got any skills regarding Best Practice Frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, PRINCE2, ETOM, Risk Management etc.)? Those are definitely worth highlighting.

14-09-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 08:43 PM by Janus.)
(14-09-2012 09:27 AM)ravnwolf Wrote:  Is it even something worth pursuing?

As per what you laid out:

Imo: no, it's not worth pursuing, because 1) you won't get anywhere without a shred of evidence*, and 2) it'll only become a major PITA that ruins your life, and they might run a whisper campaign that could ostracize you from the industry, and then you would really be up shit creek without a paddle!

*nothing in black & white, and no witnesses that will speak up, afraid of losing their jobs too.
What you could do is make it your personal political goal to change that aspect of Georgian labor laws so that in future an obligatory termination letter must contain a clear and valid reason for termination that can be tested in open court. You may want to take a cue from Canadian, Norse, Swedish, Dutch, German, and Swiss labor laws about that.

But it sure stinks to high heaven.
Pardon my theist French.
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
17-09-2012, 12:34 AM
This kind of thing is why I copy all of the stuff I do on the computer here at work onto my phone. Every day I walk around with all the proof I need to hang the company I work for, should I ever find myself fired for no reason. Everyone here knows I am an atheist and nobody cares. I just happen to work with an idiot that somehow is the boss's golden boy. My boss doesn't want to hear any complaints about the guy and always believes his story over mine, even when I have witnesses. One day it might become necessary to sue to get money. I wouldn't want the job back, just enough money to pay off my house completely and then ride it out on unemployment.
17-09-2012, 12:21 PM
(14-09-2012 09:43 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  My jobs are by nature temporary and I know what it's like to be suddenly idle.
Except if you're a civil servant in Germany, because once you have the job, you can't be fired. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-09-2012, 01:33 PM
[Scene: Courtroom - suing employer]

Judge: Why did they fire you?
Ravnwolf: I don't know.
Judge: They didn't tell you?
Ravnwolf: All they told me was "you know what you did".
Judge: Well do you?
Ravnwolf: The only thing I did was post about atheism on a website.
Judge: Well then that must be it since they claim you know what you did... I hereby find the employer guilty of discrimination.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair