Being fired for my beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: Being fired for my beliefs
I am not sure how the system works in good ol' Liberty free 'Merica, but from what you have described, I do not feel you have sufficient evidence to sway the Balance of Probabilities to your favour. (USA's legal system is different from my own, so I may be incorrect about my statements..)

So recap for me please, the events leading up to now, in regard to the issue.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 04:03 PM
(18-09-2012 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am not sure how the system works in good ol' Liberty free 'Merica, but from what you have described, I do not feel you have sufficient evidence to sway the Balance of Probabilities to your favour. (USA's legal system is different from my own, so I may be incorrect about my statements..)

So recap for me please, the events leading up to now, in regard to the issue.

I'm not sure what you are asking me to recap - it's at the beginning of this thread.
18-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Okay is there anything new to add from that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Not so far. I contacted the ACLU today just to see if they think it's something worth pursuing.
19-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Fuck this shit. Go to the newspapers and ask someone to write a whole story how your company is racist and how they fired you because of your religious beliefs. Sell them your story, there has to be someone who will like it and write it. Evil_monster

Then, go home, print your story on thousands of papers and start passing them around town, specially around the main office of your company. You were in management? So you know some clients? Excellent, send them the story as well. Evil_monster

Then start the open internet bashing of the hypocritical racist bastards they are. Go to their Facebook, Tweeter and all other pages they have and start writing your story.

After you vent a bit, start attacking their belief system. Christians who act like this? Turn the other cheek? Love thy neighbor? What kind of Christians are this, the KKK Christians? I wouldn't stop the bashing until the whole company is shut down. My god, you have so many opportunities, so many things to do, so much fun... this might be the best thing that happened to you, if you use it in the right way. And don't forget, attack their Christianity and moral. That will hurt them the most. Kill the Jesus in them!

Big Grin

Damn, I'm so vengeful...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-09-2012, 09:34 AM
(18-09-2012 04:12 PM)ravnwolf Wrote:  Not so far. I contacted the ACLU today just to see if they think it's something worth pursuing.

So, heard anything about it?

Also, I'm just wondering: Could you have obtained the actual, specific cause of termination (apparently not mentioned in your termination letter) on a written & signed document from your Ex-employer?
(Or was one provided, past the "you know what you did" rhetoric)

(Sorry if the question seems trivial, just trying to get a feel here, I am not familiar with the american legal system in this regard and only just got off criminal law a week or so ago, so I'm a bit weak on Civil.)

25-09-2012, 09:40 AM
(25-09-2012 09:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-09-2012 04:12 PM)ravnwolf Wrote:  Not so far. I contacted the ACLU today just to see if they think it's something worth pursuing.

So, heard anything about it?

Also, I'm just wondering: Could you have obtained the actual, specific cause of termination (apparently not mentioned in your termination letter) on a written & signed document from your Ex-employer?
(Or was one provided, past the "you know what you did" rhetoric)

(Sorry if the question seems trivial, just trying to get a feel here, I am not familiar with the american legal system in this regard and only just got off criminal law a week or so ago, so I'm a bit weak on Civil.)

Nothing back yet. I've also contacted the EEOC to see if there is anything that can be done about unlawful termination. Waiting to see what they have to say.

So far from the people I've spoken with and on here, it's 50/50 on the opinion scale of doing something about it or just leaving it alone.

As for your last question - I haven't received anything further from my previous company. The only notification I received, other than some insurance stuff, was the termination letter that stated nothing more than "for cause".
25-09-2012, 09:50 AM
When the guy said, "you know what you did." Did you say anything like - "Uh... no I don't know what I did, maybe you need to tell me so we'll both know." ?

I know I would have been stunned, but I still would have hashed some of it out with them right there as it was happening. Of course, I'm pure evil... difficult to propagate, I suppose. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-09-2012, 10:04 AM
(25-09-2012 09:50 AM)kim Wrote:  When the guy said, "you know what you did." Did you say anything like - "Uh... no I don't know what I did, maybe you need to tell me so we'll both know." ?

I know I would have been stunned, but I still would have hashed some of it out with them right there as it was happening. Of course, I'm pure evil... difficult to propagate, I suppose. Dodgy

Well, it was the VP relaying the "You know what you did" message from the owner of the company. I told the VP - "I do not know what he is talking about. I don't know what I've done". And all the VP could say is, "Well, that's all he told me that I could tell you. He said I couldn't tell you anything else. I'm sorry."

At the same time this was happening, the owner of the company was at my office telling my "2nd in command" that he was now in charge and that I was gone.
25-09-2012, 10:11 AM
(25-09-2012 09:40 AM)ravnwolf Wrote:  Nothing back yet. I've also contacted the EEOC to see if there is anything that can be done about unlawful termination. Waiting to see what they have to say.

So far from the people I've spoken with and on here, it's 50/50 on the opinion scale of doing something about it or just leaving it alone.

As for your last question - I haven't received anything further from my previous company. The only notification I received, other than some insurance stuff, was the termination letter that stated nothing more than "for cause".

Initially I had hoped that I may be of some help (or to at least learn something new), but I'm afraid I can't be from what you have described. I don't know your court system well enough but, it would seem that you don't have enough evidence to swing the balance of probabilities in your favour, an irony that would serve you well down here in aus.

As much as I hate to back down (or to recommend it here), I gotta say it seems that continuing may cost more than it's worth. What ever way you and your advisers decide I do urge you to make copies of all files relating to your work, and your termination, they may prove to be useful later on. If you have not done so already.

Well, anyway, I wish (for want of a better term) you luck in however things go, keep us posted.