Being gay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Being gay
It's really difficult being around religious people and liking the same sex. Sex is already a dirty thing in religious circles, but it's even worse when you are interested in the same sex.

I've heard stories of people becoming straight. I know the ex-gay places are bogus. I was having a much harder time when I was a Christian. When I left, I felt pretty free. I don't have to worry about some skydaddy paying attention to what I do in bed.

Nowadays, I have fears I don't know how to explain. I'll try, though. They come when someone beings up something that brought me fear as a Christian. When people say that being gay is dirty or not "normal" or that it's unnatural, I feel like a dirty and broken person. When I was a Christian, I prayed for it to go away. I tried hard to ignore and suppress my feelings. I even considered celibacy. It was really hard and I hated myself.

Is a legit orientation shift like that even possible? I don't know if I'd even want to do something like that.

Well, I'm confused as usual. I want to accept myself for who I am. How can I get rid of my fears?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
22-04-2016, 08:46 PM
RE: Being gay
(22-04-2016 08:39 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really difficult being around religious people and liking the same sex. Sex is already a dirty thing in religious circles, but it's even worse when you are interested in the same sex.

I've heard stories of people becoming straight. I know the ex-gay places are bogus. I was having a much harder time when I was a Christian. When I left, I felt pretty free. I don't have to worry about some skydaddy paying attention to what I do in bed.

Nowadays, I have fears I don't know how to explain. I'll try, though. They come when someone beings up something that brought me fear as a Christian. When people say that being gay is dirty or not "normal" or that it's unnatural, I feel like a dirty and broken person. When I was a Christian, I prayed for it to go away. I tried hard to ignore and suppress my feelings. I even considered celibacy. It was really hard and I hated myself.

Is a legit orientation shift like that even possible? I don't know if I'd even want to do something like that.

Well, I'm confused as usual. I want to accept myself for who I am. How can I get rid of my fears?

I promise as time passes those fears will diminish. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2016, 08:51 PM
(22-04-2016 08:39 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really difficult being around religious people and liking the same sex. Sex is already a dirty thing in religious circles, but it's even worse when you are interested in the same sex.

You need a community of friends you respect. THAT is the answer.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-04-2016, 08:56 PM
(22-04-2016 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You need a community of friends you respect. THAT is the answer.

I think it will be easier in college. I know 100% that I'll be able to meet other LGBT people. I'm still hoping my fears go away with time like Mom said.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
22-04-2016, 09:53 PM
I don't personally know what it's like to be gay however after a lifetime of having gay friends and acquaintances I can tell you that as they matured whatever insecurities they had about their sexual orientation melted away.

No doubt the same thing will happen with you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2016, 09:59 PM

The average human in this world is so fucking stupid that it's actually amazing, really. I wouldn't worry about hurting their fee-fee's by way of your sexuality - that you didn't even choose. Nobody thinks poorly of gays because it's reasonable; they think it because they're vacuous herd animals who don't question anything that immediately makes their life simple; they're more than happy to exchange their thinking mind and individuality for biological satisfaction and group acceptance. No great existence cares about the herds constant attacks on their individuality. So if someone doesn't like you on the sole basis that you're gay - who cares? Do you really want to please these worthless entities?

You need to find happiness in your own existence. Don't be a slave to the approval of idiots. After all, if the majority are assholes and they approve of you then that means that you're an asshole.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
22-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Accept yourself!! We do!! I don't know what's wrong in the world but gay people make the BEST friends. You don't have to worry about being judged by them because they are constantly judged. Be you, be gay, be happy!!
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
22-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Hug

All the best thoughts for yourself. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Human sexuality is a spectrum, not a series of boxes. What you like, find attractive, and are comfortable with, can change over time and with experience. You need time and acceptance, from yourself and those you chose to surround yourself with. Don't be afraid to experiment, but always know that you can always put on the brakes if things get uncomfortable. Who knows? You might find your equilibrium rests more akin to bisexuality favoring one gender as opposed to either side of the hetero/homo dichotomy, or maybe even something else entirely. So long as you and your partner/s are consenting adults, have fun! Recreational orgasms are awesome! Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-04-2016, 04:15 AM
Many gay people are dear friends of mine. I do not care about their sexual activity. It does not define them. How they treat others is more important to me.

Christianity, Islam etc are all xenophobic systems of hate. Ignore the xians and whomever else acts with ill will against you. Be you. Be the best you, you can be.

That is all any of us can do.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post