Being gay, genetics?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
05-06-2011, 11:39 AM
RE: Being gay, genetics?
I know that the Kinsey scale is a popular scale of sexuality, that might be the one you are referring to. Haven't heard it in conjecture with the Fraternal Birth Order idea, but I see no reason why the two cannot coexist.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 11:47 AM

I've made note of both theory names and will enjoy expanding my knowledg through further research. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 07:27 PM

I really don't know what causes homosexuality. I am quite sure, though, that it is a prenatal development and perfectly sure that it is not a mental disorder and that it cannot be changed (and such attempts should not be made). For as far as I have found there is no definitive scientific evidence for either genetic or hormonal influences determining sexual orientation. I see homosexuality as an equal to bisexuality and heterosexuality. I like the idea of the sexuality spectrum, where we are all just dots on a line and no one is perfectly gay or straight. It abolishes stereotypes and creates for people the freedom to identify with what term/label suits them best - if they want to apply one to begin with.
[Image: 2981211207577663331]
(02-06-2011 05:11 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I have found a few studies that reveal that this is an actual genetic disability and I was wondering if anyone else has information they care to share on this.
I had to comment on this, though I hate to bring it up, I don't think it has been settled yet. It is about semantics, true. But semantics do matter. No one can deny the word is downright degrading - simply negatively charged. I can understand someone calling homosexuality and bisexuality 'abnormal' or 'different', because it plainly is looking at the larger majority which identifies as heterosexual. But it doesn't make sense to (therefore) make it a defect by calling it a disability. Homosexuals aren't impaired in any way, no more than heterosexuals are, except perhaps on the social plain - but that is societies fault. And why would nature produce homosexuals to begin with? Nature isn't stupid, surely it must have thought this out - and what are all those other social mammal species doing rubbing up on members of the same gender?
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I know this thread is a tad old, but I just wanted to add something, which may open a few minds to the possibility that homosexual activity is natural.
Recent research into homosexuality in the animal world shows that homosexuality is common. Our cousins, relatives do it.
Another study, shows that lions perform homosexual activity, to strengthen the pack, now if any y'all read anything about the Spartans, you would definitely find a connection.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anton's post