Being gay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Being gay
Time will help, but may never fix entirely.

I hope you're planning to live at college, and that you're going somewhere where there are other (out) gay people on campus and an accepting environment. In other words, not a Christian college.

Leaving home can be a wonderful thing, if it gets you out of an environment that doesn't fit your personality and ideals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
23-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Thanks guys. ^^
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
23-04-2016, 05:34 AM
(23-04-2016 04:45 AM)julep Wrote:  Time will help, but may never fix entirely.

I hope you're planning to live at college, and that you're going somewhere where there are other (out) gay people on campus and an accepting environment. In other words, not a Christian college.

Leaving home can be a wonderful thing, if it gets you out of an environment that doesn't fit your personality and ideals.

Yup. I'm gonna live at a non-Christian college. Smile I will also get to meet other LGBT people.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
23-04-2016, 03:47 PM
I think that you have had some good advice on this thread. Going to a non-Christian college, meeting new friends and moving to an environment that is more accepting may help. I would also suggest that you find a career that will take you to a place where you will feel free to be yourself- perhaps, for example, you could move to a city or town that is known to be more gay-friendly if you live in the USA. (You could use your new career as a good reason to your family if you were not out to them- and move far enough so that visits would be on your terms) I also think that the more that you live your life on your own terms, the better you may feel over time.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post