Being hard on my self and it is getting worst

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Being hard on my self and it is getting worst
(23-06-2014 12:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 11:41 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why are you being hard on yourself?

Because I must become important.

Important to who? Why do you feel this way?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2014, 10:15 PM
(23-06-2014 10:00 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 12:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Because I must become important.

Important to who? Why do you feel this way?

You see I feel unworthy to be in the presence of my species. I have nothing to offer. Barely anybody in the real world gives a fuck about zoology. Seriously who wants to know that rays are really flattened sharks that appeared in the early triassic, and that seals are most closely related to weasels? Zoology is not important to our species, and if it was not anymore. Important things to use are singing, construction, computer programming, and things like entertainment. Even in science, physics seems to be the most popular.

I also can not defend those I love as my fighting skills have lowered over the last week. If I can't even defend my self, how can I defend anyone? And if I can't defend anyone, I am not important and unworthy of those that can defend loved ones.
23-06-2014, 10:30 PM
(23-06-2014 10:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You see I feel unworthy to be in the presence of my species. I have nothing to offer. Barely anybody in the real world gives a fuck about zoology. Seriously who wants to know that rays are really flattened sharks that appeared in the early triassic, and that seals are most closely related to weasels? Zoology is not important to our species, and if it was not anymore. Important things to use are singing, construction, computer programming, and things like entertainment. Even in science, physics seems to be the most popular.

You're attempting to contribute in your own way to the advancement of a scientific field which, believe it or not, is relevant to society. We use animals for everything; entertainment, cosmetics, food, clothes, construction, etc. Who cares if the average person doesn't want to know zoology? The average person doesn't want to learn how to program yet they benefit from smart phones and computers. How does that make the programmer any less "worthy"? Science is not a popularity contest, but it gets the job done.

(23-06-2014 10:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I also can not defend those I love as my fighting skills have lowered over the last week. If I can't even defend my self, how can I defend anyone? And if I can't defend anyone, I am not important and unworthy of those that can defend loved ones.

We don't really live in a culture where that's too important. Though, if that's really a concern, then take a martial arts class.

Personally, around my neighborhood, we're fond of Mexican Judo. "Judonno if I have a knife, and judonno if I have a gun." So it all works out.

Atir aissom atir imon
23-06-2014, 11:02 PM
(23-06-2014 10:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 10:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You see I feel unworthy to be in the presence of my species. I have nothing to offer. Barely anybody in the real world gives a fuck about zoology. Seriously who wants to know that rays are really flattened sharks that appeared in the early triassic, and that seals are most closely related to weasels? Zoology is not important to our species, and if it was not anymore. Important things to use are singing, construction, computer programming, and things like entertainment. Even in science, physics seems to be the most popular.

You're attempting to contribute in your own way to the advancement of a scientific field which, believe it or not, is relevant to society. We use animals for everything; entertainment, cosmetics, food, clothes, construction, etc. Who cares if the average person doesn't want to know zoology? The average person doesn't want to learn how to program yet they benefit from smart phones and computers. How does that make the programmer any less "worthy"? Science is not a popularity contest, but it gets the job done.

(23-06-2014 10:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I also can not defend those I love as my fighting skills have lowered over the last week. If I can't even defend my self, how can I defend anyone? And if I can't defend anyone, I am not important and unworthy of those that can defend loved ones.

We don't really live in a culture where that's too important. Though, if that's really a concern, then take a martial arts class.

Personally, around my neighborhood, we're fond of Mexican Judo. "Judonno if I have a knife, and judonno if I have a gun." So it all works out.

Yes, I want to educate people on animals, like a college professor, though unless I am one my knowledge is obsolete. The people of average don't care, the rest already know.

Also I am not going to carry a gun and knife all the time, plus you also must take it out, have good aim for the gun, and you still need some sort of martial art to help with the knife to use if correctly. So even with them I still have no skill to help. And in the world we live in today it is needed.

However I am taking capoeira classes soon, so I might become useful as I progress through it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-06-2014, 08:03 AM
(23-06-2014 11:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yes, I want to educate people on animals, like a college professor, though unless I am one my knowledge is obsolete. The people of average don't care, the rest already know.

You don't have to be a professor to educate people. You've been doing that since I've known you. Many people may not have much to contribute to that, but they do find it interesting. Besides, it's a wide field, why limit yourself to only being a professor? There's so much more you can do if you're feeling unfulfilled.

(23-06-2014 11:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Also I am not going to carry a gun and knife all the time, plus you also must take it out, have good aim for the gun, and you still need some sort of martial art to help with the knife to use if correctly. So even with them I still have no skill to help. And in the world we live in today it is needed.

However I am taking capoeira classes soon, so I might become useful as I progress through it.

The Mexican Judo was a joke, the martial arts class recommendation was not.

Atir aissom atir imon
24-06-2014, 09:28 AM
(23-06-2014 11:20 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't know how to start this. All I can say is that I feel that I should be slashed and stabbed when ever I lose or annoy anybody. Even now I feel I should be stabbed for telling anyone about this. My self confidence has fallen back to what it was months ago. I even feel that my life should end because I have done nothing good for the world. Sorry for wasting your time.

Never a waste of time.
24-06-2014, 09:36 AM
(24-06-2014 09:28 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 11:20 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't know how to start this. All I can say is that I feel that I should be slashed and stabbed when ever I lose or annoy anybody. Even now I feel I should be stabbed for telling anyone about this. My self confidence has fallen back to what it was months ago. I even feel that my life should end because I have done nothing good for the world. Sorry for wasting your time.

Never a waste of time.

Yeah thought this would not be important, and that it would be a waste of time due to the fact I have posted in this area of the forum before. Thanks for saying it was not a waste of time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-06-2014, 01:16 PM
(23-06-2014 10:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 10:00 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Important to who? Why do you feel this way?

You see I feel unworthy to be in the presence of my species. I have nothing to offer. Barely anybody in the real world gives a fuck about zoology. Seriously who wants to know that rays are really flattened sharks that appeared in the early triassic, and that seals are most closely related to weasels? Zoology is not important to our species, and if it was not anymore. Important things to use are singing, construction, computer programming, and things like entertainment. Even in science, physics seems to be the most popular.

I also can not defend those I love as my fighting skills have lowered over the last week. If I can't even defend my self, how can I defend anyone? And if I can't defend anyone, I am not important and unworthy of those that can defend loved ones.

A foundation I am associated with gave a scholarship to a young man. He has spent the past 10+ years studying frogs, and is close to finishing his PhD. He is absolutely fascinating to listen to, with his stories of the Alaskan wilderness, the Minnesota winters, his glee at finding a totem with a frog. Am I about to can it all and go frogging? Hardly. But I learn a lot about frogs anyway because he makes it interesting.

What are you *doing* about your love of animals? If you're excited, that makes others excited - show that excitement! Get a job in a field involving animals - maybe a vet tech, or working with a vet in some capacity. Clean cages in a zoo or a kennel if that's what you have to do. Volunteer at an animal shelter. Start a small group that collects donations of dog food for people who struggle to keep their family pets. At least these activities will place you with other people who like animals. It's a start.

Then you'll be too busy to worry about 'defending yourself.' You'd be surprised how a little self-confidence can fend off idiots and bullies - they like to pick on people who are already down.

Now that I've kicked your butt, c'mere and gimme a hug. Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-06-2014, 03:50 PM
(24-06-2014 01:16 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

A foundation I am associated with gave a scholarship to a young man. He has spent the past 10+ years studying frogs, and is close to finishing his PhD. He is absolutely fascinating to listen to, with his stories of the Alaskan wilderness, the Minnesota winters, his glee at finding a totem with a frog. Am I about to can it all and go frogging? Hardly. But I learn a lot about frogs anyway because he makes it interesting.

What are you *doing* about your love of animals? If you're excited, that makes others excited - show that excitement! Get a job in a field involving animals - maybe a vet tech, or working with a vet in some capacity. Clean cages in a zoo or a kennel if that's what you have to do. Volunteer at an animal shelter. Start a small group that collects donations of dog food for people who struggle to keep their family pets. At least these activities will place you with other people who like animals. It's a start.

Then you'll be too busy to worry about 'defending yourself.' You'd be surprised how a little self-confidence can fend off idiots and bullies - they like to pick on people who are already down.

Now that I've kicked your butt, c'mere and gimme a hug. Hug

[Image: elephants-unite-gif.gif?w=600]

[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
24-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Girly's Got Your Back Little Brother.

It might just be teenage angst little brother. I went through similar shit at your age. Sent me to a therapist. Useless. Shouldda sent me to an existentialist instead. Sent me to a shrink next (wasn't interested in talking, "Just the symptoms, ma'am." and I left with a lithium script). Did dampen and attenuate my mood swings but little help with angst. Turns out the angst just went away on its own and I was just left with existential nihilism. Think the sudden surge in testosterone you are about to experience was far more influential than the lithium in my case. Just gotta wait it out.

#sigh