Being hard on my self and it is getting worst

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: Being hard on my self and it is getting worst
(23-06-2014 11:20 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't know how to start this. All I can say is that I feel that I should be slashed and stabbed when ever I lose or annoy anybody. Even now I feel I should be stabbed for telling anyone about this. My self confidence has fallen back to what it was months ago. I even feel that my life should end because I have done nothing good for the world. Sorry for wasting your time.

I like you, you're not wasting my time. Your thoughts have great value.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-06-2014, 12:11 AM
(23-06-2014 03:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 02:55 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you are really struggling you should go find some professional help. Its really the best awesome.

My friend told me therapist don't really work, and he used to take therapy.

Cognitive Behavior therapy will help you see patterns in the way you think and how your thinking affects your emotions or how your emotions affect your thinking. This type of therapy can produce great results by showing you how to control and eventually wipe out the negative feelings you project onto yourself. This type of therapy is also designed for the short term--not years.

You have so much to offer. I already think of you as Professor Yes Give yourself a break Hug.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
25-06-2014, 12:28 AM
SadcryfaceHugHugHug

I wish I could be of more help than this, but here are some e-hugs....

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
25-06-2014, 11:26 AM
(23-06-2014 12:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 11:41 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why are you being hard on yourself?

Because I must become important.

By important, do you mean useful?
25-06-2014, 12:03 PM
(25-06-2014 11:26 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 12:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Because I must become important.

By important, do you mean useful?

Yes.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-06-2014, 12:20 PM
(25-06-2014 12:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 11:26 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  By important, do you mean useful?

Yes.

I get this feeling really bad sometimes. Like I'm not doing enough and I'm kind of a waste. It comes and goes. It's important to put everything into perspective and remember how indifferent the universe is to EVERYONE'S existence here. Those of us who don't subscribe to theism also don't subscribe to the idea that some deity has a divine plan for our lives. That doesn't have to mean we are worthless in a general sense. What it means is we are free to invent our own purpose, even if that purpose is simply to be. I'll leave you with some Neil Degrasse Tyson. The line at the end about "connectivity" is relevant here I think. http://youtu.be/9D05ej8u-gU
[+] 1 user Likes KyleRuby's post
25-06-2014, 12:30 PM
I like listening to this song when I feel that way. It reminds me that I'm not the only one. "Wishes can't do dishes or brake repair. Make me something somebody can use."
http://youtu.be/4rSzFIUjFWE
25-06-2014, 12:31 PM
(25-06-2014 12:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 11:26 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  By important, do you mean useful?

Yes.

To whom, and on what scale?

... this is my signature!
25-06-2014, 12:36 PM
(25-06-2014 12:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 12:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yes.

To whom, and on what scale?

You know enough so that what I do can help my species in the long run. I don't think knowing about convergent evolution can help with that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-06-2014, 12:42 PM
(25-06-2014 12:36 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 12:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  To whom, and on what scale?

You know enough so that what I do can help my species in the long run. I don't think knowing about convergent evolution can help with that.

But you'll almost certainly be statistically insignificant. Nearly everyone is. Because that's statistics...

So what can any one person do to help the species?

You can do something for the tiny part of it you do interact with. There's a crowd of people on this very forum who appreciate your presence and contributions; that's not a bad start.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post