Being in relationship with theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Being in relationship with theist
(05-08-2016 03:14 PM)izel Wrote:  ...
Allah also claims that [...] men are twice as trustworthy as women, not to mention women are buried deeper in Islam then men, due to in Allah's eyes women sin more then men and the list goes on and on.

I'm curious ... did Allah quantify exactly by how much women are expected to sin than men?

I think it is your Allah-given duty to uphold that expectation.

Or at least, if you are not of the persuasion to deliberately increase your sin-rate, you have an excellent excuse whenever he thinks you've done something wrong:

"Why did you do that?!?!?"

"I can't help it... women sin more. It is written."

Angel

Don't get angry; get reductio ad absurdum Yes

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Me, I don't get into religion with my gals -- I've had a couple of Catholics, a couple of protestants, a couple of agnostics, a pagan, and a Jehovah's Witness. When we don't agree on religion we just don't talk about it. She doesn't have to think like me for me to love her, so long as she loves me for who I am and doesn't try to change me.

If his beliefs, or the way he puts them across, corrals you, send him packing, If you can live with it, focus on the good things about him.

Relationships are about much more than faith or its absence. If he doesn't get that, he's probably too far gone, and then you will make the decision you need to make. If he does get that, overlook the differences and cotton to the shared values.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Don't ever settle for someone. Find someone who loves you at your worst and makes you want to be your best.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-08-2016, 08:01 AM
I've been married to my wife for 13 years (as of last Tuesday! Big Grin ). We were both Christian when we got married, but I stopped believing around five years ago. It'd be a lie to say that everything has gone smoothly since then. It has caused problems, and my wife thought about leaving me more than once during that time. On the plus side, she's a liberal enough Christian that she doesn't believe in hell, so she doesn't hold the notion that I'm going to get tortured for infinity years for not agreeing with her.

That being said, the only way a relationship like this is going to "work" is if you actually respect the other person. If you feel they're a stupid sheep following stupid superstitions, and you find yourself biting your tongue to not insult them... you probably shouldn't be in that relationship. I'm not telling you that you need to start respecting the beliefs of Islam, but you should ask yourself what you're looking for in all of this. Think about how annoying it would be if he thought of you as some stubborn person person who's mad at God who's going to go to hell for making bad decisions. It's pretty hard to have any real degree of respect for a person when approaching the relationship that you are somehow "better".

So, I don't have an actual answer for you as to what you should really do other than be very honest with yourself when you try to figure out what you're looking for out of this whole thing. I hope the decision you ultimately come to works out the best for both of you.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-08-2016, 11:43 AM
(05-08-2016 09:47 PM)izel Wrote:  Things like these makes me question rather I wanna be in this relationship or not. But then, what a hell else am I going to get? most are retarded around here, might as well stick with the pretty one Laugh out load

If it was a car, this would be an acceptable point of view, but......you know we are talking about human relationships. Are you sure you wanna put your bar so low?

Sorry if i offended you, but this was too obvious to me.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Would you like to come to America? I have 2 atheist men close to your age who could marry you and provide you with citizenship. Not sure you'd want to though. Erdogan's probably preferable to Trump.

[Image: john_1.jpg]
[Image: zack_1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-08-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking about opening up "The Fireball Home for Single Atheist Turkish Women". You in? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-08-2016, 01:03 PM
(06-08-2016 12:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Would you like to come to America? I have 2 atheist men close to your age who could marry you and provide you with citizenship. Not sure you'd want to though. Erdogan's probably preferable to Trump.

[Image: john_1.jpg]
[Image: zack_1.jpg]

You and Manly sure did make some good looking kids...your daughter is so lovely.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF