Being irrational

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Being irrational
A good friend describing the death of his older brother from kidney cancer said that of course they all knew he would die, it's just when it happened it was still a shock. He didn't think it would be *that* moment.

I could relate to that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it seems that you can be ready for your own death, but never for the death of another person.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-09-2014, 03:12 AM
(11-09-2014 06:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A good friend describing the death of his older brother from kidney cancer said that of course they all knew he would die, it's just when it happened it was still a shock. He didn't think it would be *that* moment.

I could relate to that.

Maybe it's a silly analogy, but this reminded me of watching those scary videos where it's just some lake scene and suddenly a monster pops out at you and screams. I'm sure we're all familiar with these silly videos,but even when I know what's going to happen, I still jump when that beastie comes on the screen! It's the timing, I guess. You know it's coming, but you don't know exactly when so it's still, in some ways, a surprise. Or shock, as you said.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post