Being shit isn't limited to AAA games...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2015, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 06:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Being shit isn't limited to AAA games...

Payday 2 is my fucking jam, like over 1,275+ hours of jam.

But after a slew of underwhelming DLC instead of necessary bug fixes and game features, then went and added fucking MICROTRANSATIONS to a full retail release that already has $100+ of DLC already. They also added it during their Crimefest event, a yearly community celebration designed to thank the community by adding in free content. Yep, the free content was the privilege to give them more money to buy drills to open up safes to get a randomized (hooray for gambling) weapon skins with stat boosts. Also, you might get a skin for a DLC weapon, even if you don't own that DLC yet. Oh, and they also broke LUA mods support for the game in order to integrate Steam Marketplace.

They also promised to never do this, so this is a complete 180 reversal out of nowhere.

Day 2 Pay 2: Microtransation Offensive

Yeah, fuck that noise.

[Image: rigby__i_am_disappoint_by_mpn5379-d2z89ha.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-10-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: Being shit isn't limited to AAA games...
I bought Payday I as soon as it came out but only ever did about a couple of maps. I never played on-line. Maybe that was my mistake. I was playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 and thought that Payday would be a good alternative but it never really grabbed me. I think if I remember correctly the whole UI just felt kind of off.

It struck me as a game that requires the use of a headset and I prefer not to use those.
19-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Jesus Christ, there's no end.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-10-2015, 07:03 AM
(19-10-2015 06:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Jesus Christ, there's no end.

I think this one is far more fitting, it's goddamn game about setting up heists and robberies, you should be attemptingly robbed by the game too. It should of been the case earlier for them.

It can generate a new bounds of letting game mechanics influence financial factors for how the game is sold. Because that's what people want, as in the case of the recent Deus Ex pre-order nonsense.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I hate the microtransaction thing. It would be nice if it were only for aesthetics, so people who are obsessed enough to pay money for an extra costume are the only ones who get fleeced. But any gameplay enhancing items shouldn't be locked behind extra $$.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
19-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Micro transactions are the devil.