Belief in a book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Belief in a book
Let's say in the 1950's a Russian author writes a book in which he details the accounts of his immortality throughout the ages. He also claims to be able to teleport to any place around the world.

Several hundred murders, from all over the world, that go unsolved, are attributed to him.

The belief becomes so strong that politicians urge the Russian police to arrest the man immediately.

The Russians issue a statement that he has been jailed and placed in a coma, thus ending his ability to teleport.

The world calms down and over time, the myth of this man dies away. There are still unsolved murders around the world each year, so that didn't change.

The Russians were smart enough to not believe all the mess in the first place and never jailed the man. Instead, they just told the people a story that would put their minds at ease.

Since today is a day in which we try to get people to believe absurd things, we already know just how easy it is, given the popular religions around the world.

Today is a celebration of wildly absurd beliefs.
If you want, post some good April fools day pranks that you fell for in the past.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-04-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Belief in a book
Sunday 1 April 1951, my parents forced me to go to Sunday School where a strange old man wearing some sort of dress told me a couple of "true" stories that later turned out to be utter bullshit. Had to be an April fool's joke surely?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
The one I remember most fondly.

My father waking us up waving excitedly to the window, "It's snowing! It's snowing!"

My immediate thought was "Yeah, right. In April?"

Then my sister, who had rushed to the window "Oh wow! It is." Was she in on this?

My father's confused expression was the giveaway ... it was supposed to be a joke but the fickle English weather had had the last laugh (as it often does).

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
(02-04-2016 11:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The one I remember most fondly.

My father waking us up waving excitedly to the window, "It's snowing! It's snowing!"

My immediate thought was "Yeah, right. In April?"

Then my sister, who had rushed to the window "Oh wow! It is." Was she in on this?

My father's confused expression was the giveaway ... it was supposed to be a joke but the fickle English weather had had the last laugh (as it often does).

Big Grin

Ah, you've reminded me of April 1, 1997, a day when we got 25 inches of snow. And it's going to be snowing today, dammit.