Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
(10-06-2016 06:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:25 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  All wrong. The genetic information is housed in a protein molecule was what I said and every other statement you made was inaccurate.

No, you're simplification of DNA is completely wrong. DNA is made of proteins and, in eukaryotes at least, is stored in the nucleus (except mitochondria have their own DNA. So you have DNA in every cell of your body that isn't "you" because it isn't your DNA. Cell symbiosis theory. Look it up)

For prokaryotes, there is no membrane housing the DNA. So in neither case is DNA housed in a protein.

You need to learn basic biology and basic chemistry. Drinking Beverage

I understand these processes and definitions. The molecule DNA contains the biological instructions and genetic information as I stated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(10-06-2016 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Yes, the Book was written by 40 authors over a 1500 year period. I have studied and read about many of the writers.

Purported writers. Most are unknown.

Quote:Evil began with Lucifer's prideful heart and his rebellion in Heaven where he brought an army of 1/3 of the angels in Heaven and was then cast out.

You have no evidence of this; it is made up from whole cloth.

Quote:Man was a creation on earth and the devil was allowed to tempt man. The devil, his evil fallen angels, and the wicked people will be destroyed in the second death.

You have no evidence of this; it is made up from whole cloth.

Quote:It was pharaoh who actually hardened his heart against the Lord and the Lord knew that would happen. Read 1 Samuel 6:6.

No, the Bible says that god hardened Pharaoh's heart.

Exodus 9:12 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

There is much history backing up many of the historic stories from the Bible.

1 Samuel 6:6 later clarifies that it was pharaoh that actually hardened his heart.
10-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(10-06-2016 06:29 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, it's not like that at all. Your example is a bullshit non sequitur. Religious nuts and their biases.

Why are you here? What purpose is their for you to peddle your religious nuttery to those of us who were formerly brainwashed by it? Consider

I am here to discuss the truth of the matters of science related to genetic information processes, molecular machines, fine-tuning of the universe, theological consequences, and other topics if you like; such as, politics, history,...

When do you plan to start discussing these things? Because all you've done this far is preach religious drudgery. You think your religious arguments are going to be bought by those of us who've already weighed them against reality and found them to be myth? Consider

You could discuss evolution and abiogenesis anywhere, but you (presumably a Christian) came to an atheist site to peddle your religious beliefs. Why? You so insecure about your beliefs that you feel like preaching to those who don't accept your religion in the hopes that you'll somehow convert us?

Theists are a dime a dozen. It would be in your best interests to look at the myriad of threads started by those just like you who've already tried these same tired ass arguments for their religious bullshit.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
10-06-2016, 06:35 PM
(10-06-2016 06:25 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  DNA is not a protein.

No, proteins fold by their chemical structure - there are no instructions.

No, they are not instructed to a specific location.

Natural selection explains them.

Do you understand how crystals form? There are no instructions - it is chemistry. Likewise for organic compounds.

All wrong. The genetic information is housed in a protein molecule was what I said and every other statement you made was inaccurate.

DNA is not a protein. Proteins do not house genetic information. Where do you get this misinformation?

And all of my statements are scientifically accurate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 06:35 PM
(10-06-2016 06:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, you're simplification of DNA is completely wrong. DNA is made of proteins and, in eukaryotes at least, is stored in the nucleus (except mitochondria have their own DNA. So you have DNA in every cell of your body that isn't "you" because it isn't your DNA. Cell symbiosis theory. Look it up)

For prokaryotes, there is no membrane housing the DNA. So in neither case is DNA housed in a protein.

You need to learn basic biology and basic chemistry. Drinking Beverage

I understand these processes and definitions. The molecule DNA contains the biological instructions and genetic information as I stated.

You clearly don't understand it, but you arrogantly assume you do. Your ignorance is not as good as my knowledge. No matter how confident you are in your ignorance.

-Rick
10-06-2016, 06:39 PM
(10-06-2016 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:25 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  All wrong. The genetic information is housed in a protein molecule was what I said and every other statement you made was inaccurate.

DNA is not a protein. Proteins do not house genetic information. Where do you get this misinformation?

The genetic information is contained in the DNA molecule as I said.
10-06-2016, 06:40 PM
(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Yes, the Book was written by 40 authors over a 1500 year period. I have studied and read about many of the writers.

Is that including the known/accepted forgeries? and the unknowns? What about all the apocryphal gospels and books that didn't make the vote?

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Evil began with Lucifer's prideful heart and his rebellion in Heaven where he brought an army of 1/3 of the angels in Heaven and was then cast out.

Exactly how does one "rebel" against an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent deity?

How can an angel, or mortal for that matter, do anything to hurt an omni-god? C'mon, god is perfect. Immortal. Nothing we do could affect him in any way.

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Man was a creation on earth and the devil was allowed to tempt man. The devil, his evil fallen angels, and the wicked people will be destroyed in the second death.

So we are created flawed, sick, twisted and pre-damned.

Then we are ordered to fix ourselves, which we can't do unless god allows us to, and if we fail we suffer eternal damnation.

Which, being omniscient, god already knew about.

That is what you call love???

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  It was pharaoh who actually hardened his heart against the Lord and the Lord knew that would happen. Read 1 Samuel 6:6.

Are you disagreeing with god??? Shocking

Exodus 9:12 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

It says that god did it in 11 places. It says that pharaoh did it 4 places.
3:1 says god did it.

SAB: Who Hardened Pharaoh's Heart?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
10-06-2016, 06:40 PM
(10-06-2016 06:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I understand these processes and definitions. The molecule DNA contains the biological instructions and genetic information as I stated.

You clearly don't understand it, but you arrogantly assume you do. Your ignorance is not as good as my knowledge. No matter how confident you are in your ignorance.

Why do you claim to be so intellectually superior to me? We are simply having a discussion on DNA and protein construction processes. Lighten up a bit.
10-06-2016, 06:41 PM
(10-06-2016 06:39 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  DNA is not a protein. Proteins do not house genetic information. Where do you get this misinformation?

The genetic information is contained in the DNA molecule as I said.

No, that is not what you said.
CDF47 Wrote:The genetic information is housed in a protein molecule was what I said...
is what you said.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 06:41 PM
(10-06-2016 06:40 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You clearly don't understand it, but you arrogantly assume you do. Your ignorance is not as good as my knowledge. No matter how confident you are in your ignorance.

Why do you claim to be so intellectually superior to me? We are simply having a discussion on DNA and protein construction processes. Lighten up a bit.

Pointing out your ignorance and your arrogance isn't a matter of me calling myself intellectually superior.

-Rick