Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 06:59 PM by CDF47.)
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
(10-06-2016 06:40 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Yes, the Book was written by 40 authors over a 1500 year period. I have studied and read about many of the writers.

Is that including the known/accepted forgeries? and the unknowns? What about all the apocryphal gospels and books that didn't make the vote?

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Evil began with Lucifer's prideful heart and his rebellion in Heaven where he brought an army of 1/3 of the angels in Heaven and was then cast out.

Exactly how does one "rebel" against an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent deity?

How can an angel, or mortal for that matter, do anything to hurt an omni-god? C'mon, god is perfect. Immortal. Nothing we do could affect him in any way.

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Man was a creation on earth and the devil was allowed to tempt man. The devil, his evil fallen angels, and the wicked people will be destroyed in the second death.

So we are created flawed, sick, twisted and pre-damned.

Then we are ordered to fix ourselves, which we can't do unless god allows us to, and if we fail we suffer eternal damnation.

Which, being omniscient, god already knew about.

That is what you call love???

(10-06-2016 06:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  It was pharaoh who actually hardened his heart against the Lord and the Lord knew that would happen. Read 1 Samuel 6:6.

Are you disagreeing with god??? Shocking

Exodus 9:12 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

It says that god did it in 11 places. It says that pharaoh did it 4 places.
3:1 says god did it.

SAB: Who Hardened Pharaoh's Heart?

There were over 24000 manuscripts of the New Testament which were nearly entirely identical:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/bibleorg.html

The books that did not make the cut were suspected of being forgeries or false doctrine.

He rebelled with a prideful heart and wanting to sit near the thrown of the Leader of the Triune God.

Human bodies were created un-flawed in the Garden of Eden. Man had free-will in the Garden of Eden to choose to disobey though and that is what he did. By the way DNA research is showing we share a common ancestor, single male and single female. I believe the Garden of Eden is now covered under water in the mid-east.

1 Samuel 6:6 clarifies that it was actually pharaoh hardening his heart against the Lord.

God is Love and following Him will lead to righteousness. To follow the Lord and Creator you must fear Him (honor, respect, and obey), trust Him, and love Him. This is true with leadership in general as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 06:58 PM
(10-06-2016 06:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:40 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Why do you claim to be so intellectually superior to me? We are simply having a discussion on DNA and protein construction processes. Lighten up a bit.

Pointing out your ignorance and your arrogance isn't a matter of me calling myself intellectually superior.

I never once called you ignorant or arrogant but you are now starting the name calling again like other posters on this site.

Try to stick to the facts. The anger, hatred, insults, name calling,..., does not improve our knowledge of these topics.
10-06-2016, 07:09 PM
(10-06-2016 06:58 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Pointing out your ignorance and your arrogance isn't a matter of me calling myself intellectually superior.

I never once called you ignorant or arrogant but you are now starting the name calling again like other posters on this site.

Try to stick to the facts. The anger, hatred, insults, name calling,..., does not improve our knowledge of these topics.

Your ignorance and arrogance are observations. It's not name calling. If I were to call you a dumbass or shit-for-brains I would be name-calling.

Asserting ignorance arrogantly as if you've knowledge on a subject, is the observation. If you don't want to be called on it, don't post religiously inspired ignorant bullshit Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
10-06-2016, 07:10 PM
(10-06-2016 06:58 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Pointing out your ignorance and your arrogance isn't a matter of me calling myself intellectually superior.

Also, don't assume anger or hatred just because I point out your ignorance and arrogance. You don't make me mad, just sad. Sad because of religion brainwashes people No

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-06-2016, 07:14 PM
(10-06-2016 06:51 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:40 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Is that including the known/accepted forgeries? and the unknowns? What about all the apocryphal gospels and books that didn't make the vote?

Exactly how does one "rebel" against an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent deity?

How can an angel, or mortal for that matter, do anything to hurt an omni-god? C'mon, god is perfect. Immortal. Nothing we do could affect him in any way.

So we are created flawed, sick, twisted and pre-damned.

Then we are ordered to fix ourselves, which we can't do unless god allows us to, and if we fail we suffer eternal damnation.

Which, being omniscient, god already knew about.

That is what you call love???

Are you disagreeing with god??? Shocking

Exodus 9:12 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

It says that god did it in 11 places. It says that pharaoh did it 4 places.
3:1 says god did it.

SAB: Who Hardened Pharaoh's Heart?

There were over 24000 manuscripts of the New Testament which were nearly entirely identical:

The books that did not make the cut were suspected of being forgeries or false doctrine.

He rebelled with a prideful heart and wanting to sit near the thrown of the Leader of the Triune God.

Human bodies were created un-flawed in the Garden of Eden. Man had free-will in the Garden of Eden to choose to disobey though and that is what he did. By the way DNA research is showing we share a common ancestor, single male and single female. I believe the Garden of Eden is now covered under water in the mid-east.

There is no evidence for any of that.

Quote:1 Samuel 6:6 clarifies that it was actually pharaoh hardening his heart against the Lord.

Different book, different author, different time. Just another inconsistency in a slapped-together collection of myths.

Quote:God is Love and following Him will lead to righteousness. To follow the Lord and Creator you must fear Him (honor, respect, and obey), trust Him, and love Him. This is true with leadership in general as well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 07:34 PM by CDF47.)
(10-06-2016 07:09 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:58 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I never once called you ignorant or arrogant but you are now starting the name calling again like other posters on this site.

Your ignorance and arrogance are observations. It's not name calling. If I were to call you a dumbass or shit-for-brains I would be name-calling.

Asserting ignorance arrogantly as if you've knowledge on a subject, is the observation. If you don't want to be called on it, don't post religiously inspired ignorant bullshit Thumbsup

Why do you think I am ignorant and arrogant? Just answering questions and discussing DNA and science. I never claimed to know everything about this subject, only God knows that, but I am here to learn and discuss. I have learned somethings which is good and I hope you have as well.

You claim to be extremely knowledgeable on this subject so lets discuss it. You fail to discuss the specified complexity of the code and the creation of the complex machines and the processing and programs to create those machines. Why don't you delve deep into these topics based on your vast knowledge of the subject?
10-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(10-06-2016 07:31 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:09 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your ignorance and arrogance are observations. It's not name calling. If I were to call you a dumbass or shit-for-brains I would be name-calling.

Why do you think I am ignorant and arrogant? Just answering questions and discussing DNA and science. I never claimed to know everything about this subject, only God knows that, but I am here to learn and discuss. I have learned somethings which is good and I hope you have as well.

What you've claimed to know is incorrect. And when it's pointed out, you arrogantly assert your ignorance as knowledge. See the pattern yet? Probably not Drinking Beverage

-Rick
10-06-2016, 07:38 PM
(10-06-2016 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 06:51 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  There were over 24000 manuscripts of the New Testament which were nearly entirely identical:

Quote:1 Samuel 6:6 clarifies that it was actually pharaoh hardening his heart against the Lord.

Different book, different author, different time. Just another inconsistency in a slapped-together collection of myths.

Quote:God is Love and following Him will lead to righteousness. To follow the Lord and Creator you must fear Him (honor, respect, and obey), trust Him, and love Him. This is true with leadership in general as well.

No inconsistency, just later more insight was provided. The Bible often provides a part of a story and then later goes into more details or further explanation. This is typical throughout the book.

There is only one source which prophesizes (foretells) thousands of years of this world's history, with astounding precision, written in an encoded symbolic language; and that source is the Bible. The Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation, in particular, are amazing when properly interpreted, in addition to all the other prophecies. The prophecy symbols are available at; http://www.bibleprophecytruth.com/topics/bible-symbols. These symbols are the keys to unlocking the code of the Book, as the Bible interprets itself.
10-06-2016, 07:41 PM
(10-06-2016 07:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:31 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Why do you think I am ignorant and arrogant? Just answering questions and discussing DNA and science. I never claimed to know everything about this subject, only God knows that, but I am here to learn and discuss. I have learned somethings which is good and I hope you have as well.

What you've claimed to know is incorrect. And when it's pointed out, you arrogantly assert your ignorance as knowledge. See the pattern yet? Probably not Drinking Beverage

What did I say that was not correct. I meant DNA is in a molecule and wrote protein molecule. Big deal. I have been answering tons of questions and discussing this topic for 12 pages with numerous posters. Please forgive the minor discrepancy in terms.

You still have not discussed the genetic information and the systems and processes which create the molecular machines or how these machines operate. So please educate me more on this based on your advanced knowledge in this scientific field.
10-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(10-06-2016 07:41 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What you've claimed to know is incorrect. And when it's pointed out, you arrogantly assert your ignorance as knowledge. See the pattern yet? Probably not Drinking Beverage

What did I say that was not correct. I meant DNA is in a molecule and wrote protein molecule. Big deal. I have been answering tons of questions and discussing this topic for 12 pages with numerous posters. Please forgive the minor discrepancy in terms.

You still have not discussed the genetic information and the systems and processes which create the molecular machines or how these machines operate. So please educate me more on this based on your advanced knowledge in this scientific field.

I've tried to educate you and you continue to respond with religious special pleading. I can't make you want to learn but you need to stop lying by implying you want to learn or discuss. You just want to preach. Preaching theists on an atheist forum, insecure people No

-Rick