Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 05:18 PM by CDF47.)
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
(01-08-2017 04:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 02:39 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  In the Quran, Allah makes the claim that he is the greatest of all deceivers. I do not follow deceivers.

Yes, you do

2 Chronicles 18

Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?
And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

Quote:The science in the Quran is also not truthful.

It is according to Muslims and they can justify that claim just as well as you can justify yours.... not at all.

Quote:I do not follow the mythical religions because they are just myth. I follow truth, which is the Old and New Testament Lord of Lords and King of Kings, Yeshua Hamashiach.

Facepalm

Do some independent reading on the creation of the bible. Many of the stories can be traced back to earlier myths and it's quite obvious that it's no less mythological than the others.

(01-08-2017 02:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  His goal was not to save Himself but the world from itself. He atoned for our sins if we choose to truly believe in Him.

Substiutionary atonement is a primitive, barbaric, immoral concept. Your "sins" are atoned for by you making up for them; you can't foist them off onto somebody else and consider yourself the least bit moral.

(01-08-2017 03:40 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Their creation stories make no sense. Old Earth Creationism and the Day Age Interpretation of Genesis makes scientific sense.

No, they really don't. They are an ad hoc attempt to interpret the mythology to match the facts. The order of events is wrong and you have to cherry pick what is literal and what is figurative in order to even begin to align them and even then you have blind yourself to the obvious contradictions.

Given the science you can creatively interpret much of the bible to sorta-kinda agree in some places. Given the bible you would never reach the conclusions that science has. As a science book the bible is a complete and utter failure.

The Lord allows evil to occur when His people are not acting right. That is how to interpret those verses. The prophets were the liars filled by the spirit of Satan and the Lord allowed it.

The Bible is not intending to be a science book but it is scientifically accurate. Day Age Interpretation explains the creation accurately.

The Bible does not come from ancient myths. That's nonsense. The ancient myths copied the truth which is the Triune God of the Bible.

All have sinned and the Lord Yeshua came to atone for those sins of His people as a servant leader. The Lord is the Leader of Leaders.

The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 05:35 PM
(01-08-2017 05:09 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  The Lord allows evil to occur when His people are not acting right. That is how to interpret those verses. The prophets were the liars filled by the spirit of Satan and the Lord allowed it.

Yeah, right, "interpret". Too bad your incompetent god can't just outright say what it means.

The verses I quoted are quite clear: the lying spirit was sent by god, not satan. The fact that you don't like that doesn't make your "interpretation" right when the plain text says otherwise.

By the way, your god not only "allows evil", he created it. He also is supposed to be perfect and yet created imperfect beings and then punishes them for not being perfect. There are more plot holes than story in the bible.

Quote:The Bible is not intending to be a science book but it is scientifically accurate. Day Age Interpretation explains the creation accurately.

No, it does not. The earth was not here before the sun. Plants were not here before the sun. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have wildly different orders for events and neither lines up with science.

Quote:The Bible does not come from ancient myths. That's nonsense. The ancient myths copied the truth which is the Triune God of the Bible.

Unfortunately the myths the bible writers used pre-date the bible. They were stories that had been passed down for a long time before they were modified to fit the social and political needs of the day.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there was no flood, no exodus, no giants, nobody living hundreds of years, no garden of eden,... it's all myth and even a basic understanding of actual science shows that.

Quote:All have sinned and the Lord Yeshua came to atone for those sins of His people as a servant leader. The Lord is the Leader of Leaders.

Nobody can atone for the wrongs done by another; at best that just shifts the debt. Your theology is based on a completely immoral concept.

I really feel sorry for you wasting the only life you get believing fairy tales to be true.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
01-08-2017, 06:00 PM
We should just leave Dumb and Dumber (the random-letter-numbered idiots) to talk amongst themselves, locked the door, throw away the key and never ever look back in.

Moms? Can we?

[Image: 200.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2017, 12:43 AM
(01-08-2017 03:40 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 03:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Why that particular "Lord", though? What's wrong with Lord Krishna? Or Cthulhu?

Their creation stories make no sense. Old Earth Creationism and the Day Age Interpretation of Genesis makes scientific sense.

How did you conclude that young earth creationism was wrong? Why should I believe you that your God made the Earth? What makes you so confident that you have the True Religion, when there are 40 000 other sects?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-08-2017, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 12:57 PM by CDF47.)
(01-08-2017 05:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 05:09 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  The Lord allows evil to occur when His people are not acting right. That is how to interpret those verses. The prophets were the liars filled by the spirit of Satan and the Lord allowed it.

Yeah, right, "interpret". Too bad your incompetent god can't just outright say what it means.

The verses I quoted are quite clear: the lying spirit was sent by god, not satan. The fact that you don't like that doesn't make your "interpretation" right when the plain text says otherwise.

By the way, your god not only "allows evil", he created it. He also is supposed to be perfect and yet created imperfect beings and then punishes them for not being perfect. There are more plot holes than story in the bible.

Quote:The Bible is not intending to be a science book but it is scientifically accurate. Day Age Interpretation explains the creation accurately.

No, it does not. The earth was not here before the sun. Plants were not here before the sun. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have wildly different orders for events and neither lines up with science.

Quote:The Bible does not come from ancient myths. That's nonsense. The ancient myths copied the truth which is the Triune God of the Bible.

Unfortunately the myths the bible writers used pre-date the bible. They were stories that had been passed down for a long time before they were modified to fit the social and political needs of the day.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there was no flood, no exodus, no giants, nobody living hundreds of years, no garden of eden,... it's all myth and even a basic understanding of actual science shows that.

Quote:All have sinned and the Lord Yeshua came to atone for those sins of His people as a servant leader. The Lord is the Leader of Leaders.

Nobody can atone for the wrongs done by another; at best that just shifts the debt. Your theology is based on a completely immoral concept.

I really feel sorry for you wasting the only life you get believing fairy tales to be true.

He allows evil due to the disobedience and fall of mankind starting with Adam and Eve. He had the knowledge of good and evil and man desired that knowledge so He allowed it. Surely, we will die, as He said. The LORD has a wrath as described in the Bible. We also have His mercy and grace. He wants us to love Him and each other and He created the Ten Commandments to show us how. He knows we are imperfect and He does not expect perfection. His only Son was sent here to atone for our sins.

Regarding Day-Age interpretation, download the chart from the site in my signature. It follows science. Plus, nearly all the important kingdoms on the earth were prophesied hundreds and sometimes thousands of years in advance. Alexander the great, Cleopatra and Caesar,..., are also prophesied in the Bible.

It is all fact, although some are parables and clearly intended to be. DNA is showing all men and women date back to one man and one women. Einstein showed time is relative. That is because God exists outside this universe and He transcends time,...

Science through DNA, universe fine-tuning,... proves creation. The Biblical God is the correct source of that creation.

02-08-2017, 12:34 PM
(02-08-2017 12:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 03:40 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Their creation stories make no sense. Old Earth Creationism and the Day Age Interpretation of Genesis makes scientific sense.

How did you conclude that young earth creationism was wrong? Why should I believe you that your God made the Earth? What makes you so confident that you have the True Religion, when there are 40 000 other sects?

YEC claims the earth is 6,000 years old which it clearly is not.

See signature links below for reasons to believe in creation. See posts above for some of my reasons in believing the Holy Scriptures.

02-08-2017, 12:40 PM
(29-07-2017 06:11 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 01:15 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I pray for your salvation in King Yeshua's name. Amen!
Do you now?

In your heart of hearts, honestly, do you ACTUALLY expect that prayer to be answered? Or to be anything other than a turn-off in these quarters?

Or are you just reflexively reciting an incantation, like warding off the evil eye or something?

How much do you actually care about our souls? Given that you haven't made the effort to engage honestly and humbly with any of us to understand our thinking by participating meaningfully in this thread, you would be unable to take even the first step to change our minds. Which leads me to believe that you don't really give a fig if anyone gets "saved" or not. You are just spouting.

I do honestly care a lot, which is why I am in this thread to begin with. I do believe in the prayer I said as well. I have faith in the LORD!

02-08-2017, 12:47 PM
I was a skeptic once myself. Never an atheist though really. As an engineer, I saw too much complexity in the world for nothing to have created everything. It is specified complexity as well. Intelligent Design and Dr. Stephen Meyer really helped with showing how DNA works and the fine-tuning of the universe. It is now crystal clear that the universe and everything in it is designed and created. I dipped deep into theology and studying different religions. The Bible is truth based on my research. Everything else is just Mystery Babylon as described in the Bible.

02-08-2017, 01:21 PM

The Bible is not intending to be a science book but it is scientifically accurate. Day Age Interpretation explains the creation accurately.

The Bible does not come from ancient myths. That's nonsense. The ancient myths copied the truth which is the Triune God of the Bible.

All have sinned and the Lord Yeshua came to atone for those sins of His people as a servant leader. The Lord is the Leader of Leaders.

The "Lord" created Satan, so if he wants to blame someone for all the problems, he needs to create a mirror to look into.

Your next 2 points....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No...it's not scientifically accurate, not even close, and you really, REALLY need to stop learning your bible history from Sunday School.
02-08-2017, 01:23 PM
(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I was a skeptic once myself. Never an atheist though really. As an engineer, I saw too much complexity in the world for nothing to have created everything. It is specified complexity as well. Intelligent Design and Dr. Stephen Meyer really helped with showing how DNA works and the fine-tuning of the universe. It is now crystal clear that the universe and everything in it is designed and created. I dipped deep into theology and studying different religions. The Bible is truth based on my research. Everything else is just Mystery Babylon as described in the Bible.

And I call bullshit.