Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  As an engineer

[Image: 215ce17c296a28334ad4dd0386cd1b2a.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2017, 01:46 PM
(02-08-2017 12:33 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 05:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yeah, right, "interpret". Too bad your incompetent god can't just outright say what it means.

The verses I quoted are quite clear: the lying spirit was sent by god, not satan. The fact that you don't like that doesn't make your "interpretation" right when the plain text says otherwise.

By the way, your god not only "allows evil", he created it. He also is supposed to be perfect and yet created imperfect beings and then punishes them for not being perfect. There are more plot holes than story in the bible.

No, it does not. The earth was not here before the sun. Plants were not here before the sun. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 have wildly different orders for events and neither lines up with science.

Unfortunately the myths the bible writers used pre-date the bible. They were stories that had been passed down for a long time before they were modified to fit the social and political needs of the day.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there was no flood, no exodus, no giants, nobody living hundreds of years, no garden of eden,... it's all myth and even a basic understanding of actual science shows that.

Nobody can atone for the wrongs done by another; at best that just shifts the debt. Your theology is based on a completely immoral concept.

I really feel sorry for you wasting the only life you get believing fairy tales to be true.

He allows evil due to the disobedience and fall of mankind starting with Adam and Eve. He had the knowledge of good and evil and man desired that knowledge so He allowed it. Surely, we will die, as He said. The LORD has a wrath as described in the Bible. We also have His mercy and grace. He wants us to love Him and each other and He created the Ten Commandments to show us how. He knows we are imperfect and He does not expect perfection. His only Son was sent here to atone for our sins.

Regarding Day-Age interpretation, download the chart from the site in my signature. It follows science. Plus, nearly all the important kingdoms on the earth were prophesied hundreds and sometimes thousands of years in advance. Alexander the great, Cleopatra and Caesar,..., are also prophesied in the Bible.

It is all fact, although some are parables and clearly intended to be. DNA is showing all men and women date back to one man and one women. Einstein showed time is relative. That is because God exists outside this universe and He transcends time,...

Science through DNA, universe fine-tuning,... proves creation. The Biblical God is the correct source of that creation.

Well, hey there CD! Is your god an omniscient god? Just curious.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-08-2017, 01:51 PM
(02-08-2017 12:33 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  He allows evil due to the disobedience and fall of mankind starting with Adam and Eve.

You are an OEC and yet you believe in Adam and Eve? There were no such people.

Quote:He had the knowledge of good and evil and man desired that knowledge so He allowed it.

but punished them, and all their descendants for an action that they could not possibly have understood was wrong.... it's a good thing your god doesn't exist because he's an incompetent monster

Quote:Surely, we will die, as He said.

he said they die the day they ate the fruit. He lied.

Quote: The LORD has a wrath as described in the Bible.

Some perfect being... gets mad at his own creation for not doing what he wanted it to do. How fucking immature and incompetent is that?

Quote:We also have His mercy and grace. He wants us to love Him and each other and He created the Ten Commandments to show us how.

The 10 commandments (no matter which of the versions you pick) are not a good guide. Most of them are not concerned with morals or ethics and the ones that do relate are too generalized to be of any practical use. Many of the rest of the 613 commandments are downright barbaric.

Quote: He knows we are imperfect and He does not expect perfection. His only Son was sent here to atone for our sins.

Which, as I've said, I consider to be an immoral concept.

Quote:Regarding Day-Age interpretation, download the chart from the site in my signature. It follows science.

No, it doesn't. The order of events in genesis are simply wrong. All the hand-waving and "interpretation" can't change that. It's an attempt by primitive people to explain the world and has no bearing on science.

Quote: Plus, nearly all the important kingdoms on the earth were prophesied hundreds and sometimes thousands of years in advance. Alexander the great, Cleopatra and Caesar,..., are also prophesied in the Bible.

Citations required. Cherry picking verses and saying that because they bear a value resemblance to later events only illustrates how gullible you are.

Quote:It is all fact, although some are parables and clearly intended to be.

I love it how things are literal when convenient and parables when inconvenient.

Quote: DNA is showing all men and women date back to one man and one women.

No, it doesn't. If you are referring to Y-chromosome Eve and X-chromosome Adam then you are seriously misunderstanding the science.

Quote: Einstein showed time is relative. That is because God exists outside this universe and He transcends time,...

"outside the universe" and "transcends time" are meaningless phrases and neither has anything to do with relativity within the universe

Quote:Science through DNA, universe fine-tuning,... proves creation. The Biblical God is the correct source of that creation.

Try listening to an actual scientist instead of an apologist in a lab coat for a change

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I was a skeptic once myself. Never an atheist though really. As an engineer, I saw too much complexity in the world for nothing to have created everything.

Your personal incredulity and ignorance are not evidence for anything

Quote: It is specified complexity as well.

Another absolutely meaningless phrase

Quote: Intelligent Design and Dr. Stephen Meyer really helped with showing how DNA works and the fine-tuning of the universe. It is now crystal clear that the universe and everything in it is designed and created. I dipped deep into theology and studying different religions. The Bible is truth based on my research. Everything else is just Mystery Babylon as described in the Bible.

Try studying science instead of theology. Theology has no process for distinguishing reality from fantasy and is unable to arrive at any useful conclusions about anything.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
02-08-2017, 03:23 PM
(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I was a skeptic once myself.

Doubt it.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Never an atheist though really.

Not much of a shocker.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  As an engineer, I saw too much complexity in the world for nothing to have created everything.

An engineering degree is no proof against gullibility.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  It is specified complexity as well. Intelligent Design and Dr. Stephen Meyer really helped with showing how DNA works and the fine-tuning of the universe.

Intelligent design has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. It was even debunked as a matter of law, in the case of Kitzmuller v Dover. This not only debunked ID, but discredited the fraud behind the ID movement.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  It is now crystal clear that the universe and everything in it is designed and created.

The only thing clear is your level of gullibility.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I dipped deep into theology and studying different religions.

I've got a bridge you may be interested in. Or perhaps an island off the coast of Kentucky.

(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  The Bible is truth based on my research. Everything else is just Mystery Babylon as described in the Bible.

The bible has been proven false in a variety of ways. It is proof of nothing beyond the willingness of the gullible to make themselves into victims.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-08-2017, 03:28 PM
(02-08-2017 01:21 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 05:09 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  The Lord allows evil to occur when His people are not acting right. That is how to interpret those verses. The prophets were the liars filled by the spirit of Satan and the Lord allowed it.

The Bible is not intending to be a science book but it is scientifically accurate. Day Age Interpretation explains the creation accurately.

The Bible does not come from ancient myths. That's nonsense. The ancient myths copied the truth which is the Triune God of the Bible.

All have sinned and the Lord Yeshua came to atone for those sins of His people as a servant leader. The Lord is the Leader of Leaders.

The "Lord" created Satan, so if he wants to blame someone for all the problems, he needs to create a mirror to look into.

Your next 2 points....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No...it's not scientifically accurate, not even close, and you really, REALLY need to stop learning your bible history from Sunday School.

He created Satan but it was Satan who was found with iniquity and pride and wanted God's throne.

The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
02-08-2017, 03:29 PM
(02-08-2017 01:23 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 12:47 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I was a skeptic once myself. Never an atheist though really. As an engineer, I saw too much complexity in the world for nothing to have created everything. It is specified complexity as well. Intelligent Design and Dr. Stephen Meyer really helped with showing how DNA works and the fine-tuning of the universe. It is now crystal clear that the universe and everything in it is designed and created. I dipped deep into theology and studying different religions. The Bible is truth based on my research. Everything else is just Mystery Babylon as described in the Bible.

And I call bullshit.

Not an atheist but I was skeptical in which religion to believe for a short time. Design and creation was always pretty obvious to me. I always followed the Lord Yeshua but there was a time where I was also into yoga and Buddhist prayers. Just a short confusing time for me.

02-08-2017, 03:32 PM
(02-08-2017 01:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 12:33 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  He allows evil due to the disobedience and fall of mankind starting with Adam and Eve. He had the knowledge of good and evil and man desired that knowledge so He allowed it. Surely, we will die, as He said. The LORD has a wrath as described in the Bible. We also have His mercy and grace. He wants us to love Him and each other and He created the Ten Commandments to show us how. He knows we are imperfect and He does not expect perfection. His only Son was sent here to atone for our sins.

Regarding Day-Age interpretation, download the chart from the site in my signature. It follows science. Plus, nearly all the important kingdoms on the earth were prophesied hundreds and sometimes thousands of years in advance. Alexander the great, Cleopatra and Caesar,..., are also prophesied in the Bible.

It is all fact, although some are parables and clearly intended to be. DNA is showing all men and women date back to one man and one women. Einstein showed time is relative. That is because God exists outside this universe and He transcends time,...

Science through DNA, universe fine-tuning,... proves creation. The Biblical God is the correct source of that creation.

Well, hey there CD! Is your god an omniscient god? Just curious.

Hello. Yes, He is.

02-08-2017, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 03:43 PM by CDF47.)
No one can argue the science of molecular machines, the details of the information and processes of DNA and cells, the fine-tuned super symmetrical universe,............................., and say it is all random. Creation is obvious.

02-08-2017, 03:41 PM
(02-08-2017 03:28 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  He created Satan but it was Satan who was found with iniquity and pride and wanted God's throne.

Sounds like he did a shoddy bit of creating there.

(02-08-2017 03:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 01:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, hey there CD! Is your god an omniscient god? Just curious.

Hello. Yes, He is.

So he knew what was going to happen. That makes him fully culpable for his actions in creating Satan.

Pull your head out if the sand and actually think about what you are saying. It's a mass of contradictions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-08-2017, 03:53 PM
(02-08-2017 03:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 03:28 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  He created Satan but it was Satan who was found with iniquity and pride and wanted God's throne.

Sounds like he did a shoddy bit of creating there.

(02-08-2017 03:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Hello. Yes, He is.

So he knew what was going to happen. That makes him fully culpable for his actions in creating Satan.

Pull your head out if the sand and actually think about what you are saying. It's a mass of contradictions.

He may have known it would happen. There are times in the Bible where God chooses not to know, like when He has Adam name the animals to see what he will name them,...