Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
Well I'm back. Missed you all. How have things been? LOL

The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2017, 02:17 PM
(23-08-2017 02:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 01:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  Morondog, that's what boggles my mind every single time. Do they honestly believe we are angry? That we hate them? That we can tell this week's ignoramus from next week's? I know that they this whole martyrdom fetish, but this is ludicrous.

And believing that the entire universe was created specifically for YOU, so that YOU could live forever, and the creator of this immensity watches over YOU personally, is the epitome of arrogance. But keep telling your ignorant selves how humble you are, you ignorant manchildren, incapable of living life as adults, without a father figure and taking responsibility for yourselves and your actions.

Well, idiocy angers me quickly but I recognize theat being angry at troll is pointless and this calms me down. And if by them you mean fools then I pity and dislike them in equal measure - that's IRL however, on the forum stupidity is just annoying even if my language suggest some deeper feelings.

As for arrogance - theists deeming themselves humble should be taken about as seriously as Stalin calling himself good and just ruller.

I am not trolling this site. I might joke around with the insults from time to time but that is not trolling. I spent countless hours and pages debating facts on here.

I understand some religious types can be arrogant and hypocritical. I am not perfect and neither is anyone else but I really try not to be arrogant or a hypocrite.

The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
23-08-2017, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 02:24 PM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

Am fine.

You've missed nothing much.

Your baseless assertions have been linked back to previous refutations etc, which you blithely ignor while continuing on your course seeming oblivious.

Consider

Think that pretty much covers everything.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
23-08-2017, 02:22 PM
(23-08-2017 02:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Well, idiocy angers me quickly but I recognize theat being angry at troll is pointless and this calms me down. And if by them you mean fools then I pity and dislike them in equal measure - that's IRL however, on the forum stupidity is just annoying even if my language suggest some deeper feelings.

As for arrogance - theists deeming themselves humble should be taken about as seriously as Stalin calling himself good and just ruller.

I am not trolling this site. I might joke around with the insults from time to time but that is not trolling. I spent countless hours and pages debating facts on here.

I understand some religious types can be arrogant and hypocritical. I am not perfect and neither is anyone else but I really try not to be arrogant or a hypocrite.

I don't give a shit about you* or your drivel. My answer was to Vera.

*Yet I write to inform you about it. That's quite the paradox.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-08-2017, 04:45 PM
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Well peace to you all. I will pray for you. I got to go for now.
Again I'll say since you didn't get my ramble. This is a display of arrogance when one takes charge of something they deem others are in need of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-08-2017, 04:46 PM
(23-08-2017 02:17 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I spent countless hours and pages debating facts on here.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You have yet to present anything factual other than "DNA and cells are complicated". After that you leap right to "we don't have a complete explanation so it has to be god". You have offered arguments from incredulity and ignorance and they have been 99.9% fact-free.

Your inability to tolerate ambiguity and lack of complete answers is your problem, not ours. What gets people frustrated is that you do not listen, you simply repeat the same tired apologetics with the same basic fallacies over and over. It's truly sad.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
23-08-2017, 07:01 PM
(23-08-2017 07:00 AM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 05:15 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You must hang with a very odd crowd. In my experience scientists are <50% believers and the theists are quicker to shoot down creationists than us atheists.

I'm a geologist specializing in geochemistry and geochronology. I'm spending next week studying 2.9 billion year old stromatolites in an attempt to improve our understanding of the Earth's early oceans and atmosphere.

No way less than 50 percent. Not based on my experience as an engineer.

From the Pew Research Center: 51% of scientists in the USA

[Image: Scientists-and-Belief-2.png]

(22-08-2017 02:56 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Information comes from intelligence. DNA acts as information. Information so complex it boggles the most brightest human mind. DNA comes from intelligence.

No. Information does not come from intelligence. Intelligence processes information. You have your cart squarely before your horse.

Lightning produces information as light and sound. No intelligence involved. Intelligence processes the information and decides to come in out of the rain.

(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Why the name calling and the insults? Argue facts.

Because we have argued facts and you've ignored them. This makes you look like a troll so you get insulted.

From my last post, kindly explain how you reconcile the mess that is the human genome with intelligent design. It doesn't "read" like anything that was designed.

For this post, explain why we share 97% of our endogenous retroviruses with chimps. Same viruses in the same locations in our genomes and with the same mutations. I mean it looks to me like we inherited them from a common ancestor.

There. Facts. Argue them.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post