Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
Double post
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Nope. I'm going to have to insist that you answer my question about Dr. Miller and Dr. Collins, first, before I'll engage with you on your strange sortie into the field of biochemical information theory.

And, seriously, dude... Dean Kenyon the Creationist at the Discovery Institute? Man, you just keep getting funnier.

Since I got my biology degree in the early 2000s, I had to look up what the hell you were talking about. Yeah, I'm from Louisiana, where he and his ilk were shut down in the courtroom and resulted in their case being lost.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
(09-06-2016 07:27 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:02 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Bullshit! You didn't answer the question. What is the intent for continuously modifying viruses to thwart vaccines we develop? I really want to know.

What was this god thinking when he decided to modify the flu virus last year so it would kill more people?

This is a system in need of constant support from god to maintain.

This has been going on for before man existed, what is the intent god guru? Let is in on the mystical molecule mover's motivation.

You haven't presented any facts, you've just made wild assertions with zero evidence.

No one has answered a single question of mine in here.

Where do the information bearing properties of DNA come from?

Also, go step-by-step explaining origins of DNA code all the way to the process of the final operation of the machine created and explain how this happened randomly or naturally. Explain each system, each sequence of operation, each program, the communication protocol in general, the operations of the machines, the hand and glove fit of assembled components, the assembly of components, the transport mechanisms, the forming of the parts, the precise arrangement of amino acids to serve their end function,.................

I asked the first questions which were all avoided. After those are answered or attempted to be answered, then I will inform you about my theological beliefs, which I already began explaining.

That's called an argument from ignorance sparky, care to try again?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
(09-06-2016 07:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:18 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  According to this Source, it is sin and disobedience which caused the fall of man. Death is the punishment for sin.

Oh, I though it was gaaawd, that modified these viruses, so now your saying it was sin and disobedience?

Is it gaawd or sin modifying viruses?

You're pretty confused, is god not as powerful as this force of "sin and disobedience"?

Sin and disobedience took over and your poor wittle gaawd can't stop it. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I said my theological belief is that sin and disobedience by man lead to his fall. Again, answer my scientific questions and then I will provide much more information on my theological beliefs.
09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
No, Sparky, we're not answering your questions because you're parroting someone else's ideas, which you clearly do not understand on your own, and we've dealt with the inherent dishonesty of ID/IC proponents before. We've already spotted the Discovery Institute stamp on your brain, even before you referenced Dr. Kenyon. We simply don't take you seriously enough to play the "Gish Gallop" (or what I call the "machinegun tactic") game with you, in which you ask us a series of questions and then completely ignore what our answers are, so you can move on to your next bullet point and declare victory for Gawd.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
(09-06-2016 07:31 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Oh, I though it was gaaawd, that modified these viruses, so now your saying it was sin and disobedience?

Is it gaawd or sin modifying viruses?

You're pretty confused, is god not as powerful as this force of "sin and disobedience"?

Sin and disobedience took over and your poor wittle gaawd can't stop it. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I said my theological belief is that sin and disobedience by man lead to his fall. Again, answer my scientific questions and then I will provide much more information on my theological beliefs.

Your still confused and didn't answer the question. Why does god constantly modify viruses to kill people? What's the intent? Be specific!

Or did the force of sin do this modification of viruses? Which was it?

You're confused.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-06-2016, 07:35 PM
(09-06-2016 07:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:37 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Again, there are design trade-offs to optimize design in some areas and weaken in other areas. Also, living systems were designed to degrade over time and die, which is explained in theological texts. Even life spans of living systems have upper age limits apparently built into their genetic code.

Bullshit!

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Did you get that sparky? Bi-bull says women were fucking with "Sons of God" so gaawd limited our lifespans.

You don't even know your own book.

Oh, BTW, when did elephants (who live about the same age as humans) or turtles (who live longer than humans) fuck with "Sons of God" and have their life spans limited?

What? I never went into an explanation of the limited life span written into genetic information. I just mentioned the limits.

Serious question, why are you so mad. I am not mad. I am just asking some questions. Can we please have a calm, reasonable, logical discussion without anger and insults?
09-06-2016, 07:40 PM
(09-06-2016 07:35 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Bullshit!

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Did you get that sparky? Bi-bull says women were fucking with "Sons of God" so gaawd limited our lifespans.

You don't even know your own book.

Oh, BTW, when did elephants (who live about the same age as humans) or turtles (who live longer than humans) fuck with "Sons of God" and have their life spans limited?

What? I never went into an explanation of the limited life span written into genetic information. I just mentioned the limits.

Serious question, why are you so mad. I am not mad. I am just asking some questions. Can we please have a calm, reasonable, logical discussion without anger and insults?

Why don't you answer questions sparky? Don't pretend to know what I feel, I'm just trying to extinguish the stupid in my little corner of the world.

If you're throwing out ID arguments on an atheist forum, I would think you would want to answer these questions in an honest manner.

[Image: polls_Smells_like_BS_2813_894530_answer_1_xlarge.jpg]

09-06-2016, 07:41 PM
(09-06-2016 07:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:31 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I said my theological belief is that sin and disobedience by man lead to his fall. Again, answer my scientific questions and then I will provide much more information on my theological beliefs.

Your still confused and didn't answer the question. Why does god constantly modify viruses to kill people? What's the intent? Be specific!

Or did the force of sin do this modification of viruses? Which was it?

You're confused.

As a new member here, I asked the first questions in my original post which were never answered. I have answered numerous questions about science and theology for pages throughout this thread.

Prior to delving deeper into my theological beliefs, please answer my scientific questions.

Again, why all the insults, name calling, and harassment in here. I am simply asking some questions and asking for some naturalistic explanations. As a new member on this site I do not feel you guys are very welcoming.
09-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Oh, I'd LOVE to have this discussion with you about how DNA actually works, and how we think it developed. However, before I waste my time, effort, and emotions in dealing with someone who (so far) appears to be a clone of a number of similarly dishonest quote-miners who come here and manipulate what science actually claims in order to support their far-out, magical ideas, I'm going to make sure you're intellectually honest enough to admit when you've been demonstrated to be wrong.

For instance, your citation of Dr. Kenyon (himself influenced by a European Creationist whose anti-evolution books were so riddled with holes they prompted the NCSE to specifically debunk everything he said and point out how the man had simply not kept up with the current state of knowledge in biochemistry/evolution) shows me that you're unaware of a great many things about how evolution works, and what its claims really are.

Since you're working out of the DI's playbook, that's hardly surprising, but it's also not a good reason for me to want to get into the details of a scientific discussion with a person who will simply answer me with more nonsense. I'm not here to give a college level lecture on genetics to a person who won't even listen or understand what I say.