Poll: How do we get them to see the truth?
This poll is closed.
Peacefull reasoning 69.23% 9 69.23%
Full attack of facts 30.77% 4 30.77%
Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Belief vs Facts in the programed religious mind.
By the way, if you want to see why I'm laughing at you for citing the author of Of Pandas and People, you can read about the numerous gross errors contained therein:

http://ncse.com/book/export/html/11854

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 07:49 PM
(09-06-2016 07:41 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Your still confused and didn't answer the question. Why does god constantly modify viruses to kill people? What's the intent? Be specific!

Or did the force of sin do this modification of viruses? Which was it?

You're confused.

As a new member here, I asked the first questions in my original post which were never answered. I have answered numerous questions about science and theology for pages throughout this thread.

Prior to delving deeper into my theological beliefs, please answer my scientific questions.

Again, why all the insults, name calling, and harassment in here. I am simply asking some questions and asking for some naturalistic explanations. As a new member on this site I do not feel you guys are very welcoming.

I'm not asking a theological question, I'm asking for a SPECIFIC reason god or sin (which you haven't clarified) modifies viruses continuously to do harm to living things. This ID god you've constructed is a bizarre bio-terrorist destroyer of life.

What would be god or sin's intent? You're making a ridiculous assertion with no explanation and certainly no evidence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-06-2016, 07:52 PM
(09-06-2016 07:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, I'd LOVE to have this discussion with you about how DNA actually works, and how we think it developed. However, before I waste my time, effort, and emotions in dealing with someone who (so far) appears to be a clone of a number of similarly dishonest quote-miners who come here and manipulate what science actually claims in order to support their far-out, magical ideas, I'm going to make sure you're intellectually honest enough to admit when you've been demonstrated to be wrong.

For instance, your citation of Dr. Kenyon (himself influenced by a European Creationist whose anti-evolution books were so riddled with holes they prompted the NCSE to specifically debunk everything he said and point out how the man had simply not kept up with the current state of knowledge in biochemistry/evolution) shows me that you're unaware of a great many things about how evolution works, and what its claims really are.

Since you're working out of the DI's playbook, that's hardly surprising, but it's also not a good reason for me to want to get into the details of a scientific discussion with a person who will simply answer me with more nonsense. I'm not here to give a college level lecture on genetics to a person who won't even listen or understand what I say.

Please put your explanation in layman's terms then since you claim to be so intellectually superior to me. A clear and concise explanation would be nice.

I tried to answer your questions to the best of my ability and I did it as evidenced through pages of this thread, so please answer the few questions I asked. I would appreciate it.

Questions below:

- Where do the information bearing properties come from?

- Please describe the origins of genetic information.

- DNA is located in a protein molecule. It takes DNA to build a protein. Which came first, the DNA or the protein?

- Please provide a step-by-step natural explanation of the process of how DNA is copied and transferred to an assembly line where amino acids are linked together precisely as instructed, then formed into a functional protein, then transported to an exact location in a protein machine prior to machine operation. Explain how all the transport systems work. Explain the sequences of operation, the communication protocol, the operations of the machines, the assembly instructions, energy harvesting,.... Explain how this all happened naturally.
09-06-2016, 07:55 PM
(09-06-2016 07:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:41 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  As a new member here, I asked the first questions in my original post which were never answered. I have answered numerous questions about science and theology for pages throughout this thread.

Prior to delving deeper into my theological beliefs, please answer my scientific questions.

Again, why all the insults, name calling, and harassment in here. I am simply asking some questions and asking for some naturalistic explanations. As a new member on this site I do not feel you guys are very welcoming.

I'm not asking a theological question, I'm asking for a SPECIFIC reason god or sin (which you haven't clarified) modifies viruses continuously to do harm to living things. This ID god you've constructed is a bizarre bio-terrorist destroyer of life.

What would be god or sin's intent? You're making a ridiculous assertion with no explanation and certainly no evidence.

Man fell after sin and disobedience as the Creator instructed. From there, life is not easy in this sinful world. These are my theological beliefs. Now between the two of you, please answer the several questions I asked above since I answered numerous questions throughout pages and pages of this thread.
09-06-2016, 08:02 PM
(09-06-2016 07:55 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I'm not asking a theological question, I'm asking for a SPECIFIC reason god or sin (which you haven't clarified) modifies viruses continuously to do harm to living things. This ID god you've constructed is a bizarre bio-terrorist destroyer of life.

Man fell after sin and disobedience as the Creator instructed. From there, life is not easy in this sinful world. These are my theological beliefs. Now between the two of you, please answer the several questions I asked above since I answered numerous questions throughout pages and pages of this thread.

You still haven't answered anything, you've made a confusing conflation of sin and god's roles in the modification of viruses. You don't even know who is doing what. Why should anything you say be taken seriously? All you've presented is a confusing conflation between god and sin.
No wonder you can't answer a basic question about the intent of a "designer" that's constantly modifying viruses to kill as many things as possible.

You can't decide whether the designer is god or sin. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-06-2016, 08:03 PM
I can't tell if this guy can't read or is just so intent on sticking to his "demand answers of them!" script that he can't pause to understand what we're saying to him, and why.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 08:03 PM
(09-06-2016 02:33 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  I always been a fan of science as well. I hold a degree in a field of applied science.

Which field?

(09-06-2016 02:33 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  In science, He is everywhere.

Define "he".

Cite scientific evidence to back up your assertion.

Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Mormons, Christians all claim to see their own god(s) everywhere. Why should we believe you and not them?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
09-06-2016, 08:08 PM
(09-06-2016 02:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Did you know that a virus is malicious code that attacks cells. All part of the design. Perfection in this life was obviously not the intent of the Designer.

A virus is an organism that meets some, but not all of the criteria for life.

Define the design.
Show evidence of the designer.
Show evidence of your knowledge of the intent of the designer.

(09-06-2016 02:32 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  All part of the design.

[Image: india-sida7_zpsraakn7jj.jpg]

FUCK THE DESIGNER.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-06-2016, 08:17 PM
(09-06-2016 02:38 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Again, there are only two options, design or random. That's it.

Your oversimplification is a sign of your lack of understanding.

(09-06-2016 02:38 PM)CDF47 Wrote:  Does DNA to cell operation process appear random or designed? Choose one or the other which appears most likely to you and give a true well thought honest response.

DNA operates on a predictable and understood set of chemical reactions. There is no guiding force other than the principles of chemistry. This has been demonstrated and proven beyond doubt.

If you have evidence of a designer, please provide it.

09-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Might as well give it up, Hobbit. He's going to take his ball and go home as soon as he realizes we won't play his game, his way, using his definitions of things. He'll probably claim (at least to himself) that he left because we're just big meanies, rather than honest people who've seen this playbook before and refuse to play that game.

Just once, I'd like to have an honest conversation with an honest Christian about this subject. Just once, I'd like to have one of them pause and say, "Oh, that's NOT what science actually claims? Well then let me adjust my opinion to account for this new information. Thanks!"

But it's never going to happen.

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post