Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-10-2017, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 01:54 AM by Eagle.)
Believe!
So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2017, 02:05 AM
RE: Believe!
Pascal's wager makes no sense. So just Fuck off.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 5 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
16-10-2017, 02:19 AM
While you are here Eagle, perhaps you can address these questions you ignored on another thread Drinking Beverage

Eagle: "Yes, God could have turned round and said, 'all is forgiven!', but God is a perfect moral God, and to do so would have defied His perfect moral position,..."

Could you please explain how simply forgiving us defies God's perfect moral position.

Eagle: "... so this is why the Jesus (God in the flesh) was purposed, because God loves us, He wants to forgive us, but He is a moral God, and cannot go against His nature."

God wants to forgive us, so what part of his nature would he be going against if he did?
How did the death of Jesus allow God to forgive us?
[+] 9 users Like brunumb's post
16-10-2017, 02:26 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  You don't have to do anything!

Great! I'm not doing anything, so I guess I'm saved. Clap
Does saying you believe count, even if it's not true ?

You do realise that you can't just choose to believe, don't you. Your brain has to be convinced regardless of what you would like it to do.
[+] 7 users Like brunumb's post
16-10-2017, 02:28 AM
Eagle

There is a village somewhere near you that has lost its idiot.

Suggest you call home and tell them where you are.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
16-10-2017, 02:39 AM
Eagle, if I put a gun to your head and said that I was going to kill you and your family unless you believe in Islam and his prophet Mohammed and that to check you were sincere put you on a polygraph to see if you were lying do you think you would pass the lie detector? I'm betting not. You see you cannot make yourself believe something I bet I couldn't convince you that gravity doesn't work and that you would float if you jumped off a tall building. If you carry on spamming the forum with specious threads and posts I predict you will be banned fairly quickly. Just go away enjoy your happy joy joy feelings for Jesus in your own way as is your right in free society we aren't frightened of hell and damnation because its not real.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
16-10-2017, 02:47 AM
Hi Eagle,

Ignoring all the Pascal's wager triteness (as Thedemonbarber pointed out) there might be something useful in understanding how your beliefs came about.

To get there, I need your help in clarifying some of the terminology you use as it seems at odds with my version of reality:

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

we
Who is we? Do you feel like you have established a consensus here on TTA or are you referring to maybe a local group of friends and acquaintances from the non-virtual world?

proven
'Proof' relates to maths and alcohol. What do you think this word means?

God
Please provide a definition and/or a description (or set of attributes) so that we can determine whether we are all talking about the same thing.

logical
What form of logic are you applying?

universe
Please provide a definition and/or a description (or set of attributes) so that we can determine whether we are all talking about the same thing.

Evolution
No need to provide a definition for this one as I saw your earlier thread and I know we are not talking about the same thing.

believe on Jesus
What is the difference between "believe on" and "believe in"?

sins
I've seen various definitions of this including a very mild version that simply refers to "missing the mark" derived from archery.
So, please provide a definition so that we can determine whether we are all talking about the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Thumbsup

[+] 12 users Like DLJ's post
16-10-2017, 02:51 AM
[Image: 034-fuck-off-jesus3.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-10-2017, 02:54 AM
Do I hear this in the distance....?

[Image: ban_hammer.jpg?1257015625]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
16-10-2017, 02:58 AM
(16-10-2017 02:28 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Eagle

There is a village somewhere near you that has lost its idiot.

Suggest you call home and tell them where you are.

If all the village idiots got together and formed a village, then Eagle would be their village idiot.
[+] 10 users Like Mathilda's post