Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)
(20-09-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How am I being dishonest? Really be specific so I can defend my stance please.

The problem here is that you have not once even attempted to defend your stance. You have only preached your personal theology. If you want to defend it then you have to grasp the fact that you are talking to an audience that doesn't believe by faith or hope, we believe when there is evidence to support the claim.

If you really want to defend your stance then you will need to prove your claims. If you just want to preach then I suggest you admit that and stop pretending that you can defend it in any way that your audience here will respect.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-09-2015, 06:20 AM
RE: Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)
(20-09-2015 04:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
Quote:...I don't believe because there is no evidence to confirm or deny except for geoprapbical anomalies...

What geographical anomalies?

Just reposting this question since Pops skipped it. What geographical anomalies are evidence of that a god exists?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-09-2015, 06:28 AM
(21-09-2015 06:20 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 04:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  What geographical anomalies?

Just reposting this question since Pops skipped it. What geographical anomalies are evidence of that a god exists?

"geoprapbical", please. The anomalies start with the spelling Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-09-2015, 08:12 AM
(21-09-2015 05:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 05:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps you could (and I think everyone here would very much appreciate it) if you could give us a list of those.

Thanks.

It will make a useful checklist.

Thumbsup
A literal list would be really long. A code of conduct is much easier to establish.

Be wholly peaceful with no violence whatsoever towards any living thing.
In other words love the thing that created you and everything else. In doing so you will love your brother and your enemy as all is of God. Past that it all goes back to the first as in don't hoard the things you have been blessed with, but bless others in like manner. Do not lie. Do not manipulate. Do not knowingly cause strife or friction for any reason. This all goes back to loving God and henceforth, his creation. Have Faith in yourself if you follow the first as in doing so you can literally do no wrong. Knowingly harming self through compulsion or habit is idol worship of whatever you are addicted to. It hurts you, others and saps Faith. Moderation is key in a way I think. But moderation isn't an option for some, in which case abstinence is seemingly needed.

Anyway, if you want; give me particular scenarios and I can answer them as I am sure there is still some confusion.
Thanks.

Sure but a list would be really, really useful.

Kinda like a 'things to do' list.

Thanks, in anticipation.

21-09-2015, 08:55 AM
(21-09-2015 03:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The reality that awaits is a curvy, nymphomaniac brunette who is going to buy me dinner.

Aren't you setting your expectations kinda low?
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
21-09-2015, 09:15 AM
(21-09-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 04:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Favor of the wants of the flesh over the potential to help others is a thing to be worked on.

He's helping my sympathetic erection, actually. Sorry pops but the prophets of Judeo-Christian belief systems fucked that one all up. There is no shame in sexual congress nor sexual expression. Like all things, shame occurs when one aspect is given dangerous ascendancy. Before all things, tao.

When you say "Judeo-Christian" what exactly do you mean? Jews are not afraid of expressing their sexual desires. When I think of suppressing one's sex-drive, I think of certain Christian sects, but I don't think of Jews. I dunno... I didn't realize that people view us as being sexually suppressed.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-09-2015, 09:24 AM
(21-09-2015 09:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  When you say "Judeo-Christian" what exactly do you mean? Jews are not afraid of expressing their sexual desires. When I think of suppressing one's sex-drive, I think of certain Christian sects, but I don't think of Jews. I dunno... I didn't realize that people view us as being sexually suppressed.

Right at the top here. I don't use that term when speaking to Jews, I use Jew.

And I don't really know as I don't encounter many Jews, I don't know if people consider Jews to be sexually repressed. But the Bible sure hints in that direction. I could have said "Christian prophets," but it was the Jewish ones that started it; Christians just ran with it. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 09:27 AM
(21-09-2015 09:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He's helping my sympathetic erection, actually. Sorry pops but the prophets of Judeo-Christian belief systems fucked that one all up. There is no shame in sexual congress nor sexual expression. Like all things, shame occurs when one aspect is given dangerous ascendancy. Before all things, tao.

When you say "Judeo-Christian" what exactly do you mean? Jews are not afraid of expressing their sexual desires. When I think of suppressing one's sex-drive, I think of certain Christian sects, but I don't think of Jews. I dunno... I didn't realize that people view us as being sexually suppressed.

What is your view of homosexuality, sex before marriage, sex with multiple partners, sex with common vegetables, sex with toys, sex with oneself, sex with inanimate objects?

I vaguely am being serious Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-09-2015, 09:28 AM
(21-09-2015 09:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He's helping my sympathetic erection, actually. Sorry pops but the prophets of Judeo-Christian belief systems fucked that one all up. There is no shame in sexual congress nor sexual expression. Like all things, shame occurs when one aspect is given dangerous ascendancy. Before all things, tao.

He means the belief-systems that evolved from the older ones. In other words, it's all Paul's fault.

Plenty of hanky-panky, begetting, incest, promiscuity, temple harlots etc. in the original.

Some things should never have a sequel.

I have my sexually repressed moments but usually they're when I've fallen asleep after sex.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
21-09-2015, 10:25 AM
(21-09-2015 09:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  What is your view of homosexuality, sex before marriage, sex with multiple partners, sex with common vegetables, sex with toys, sex with oneself, sex with inanimate objects?

I vaguely am being serious Tongue

It’s a good question. I will try to answer it vaguely seriously. Smile

But before I do, let me first explain that there are two categories of Torah violations. The first is man against man, and the second is man against G-d. In the first, we take action in this world. If you’re caught stealing, then this is a violation against another person, and we’ll put you in jail. If you’re doing something for which there are no victims, as is the case with man against G-d violations, then we just let G-d handle it. –Before you protest, I’m aware that the bible says, “And he shall surely be put to death…” It’s just that we don’t murder people for such things and we do have religious precedence for choosing not to take action. I’m not going to get into the details about all of that, especially since you want to know about sex. Please just trust me, we let G-d work out the man against G-d sins.

Homosexuality

Okay, so on the books, sex between two males is regarded as a sin, but don’t stop reading with this first sentence. There’s more to say on the matter.

What people forget is that NO COMMANDMENT is incumbent on a person who cannot keep that commandment. Meaning, if a heterosexual person engages in homosexuality because they’re drunk and horny, then this is a sin against G-d (we don't address those). A male who is born homosexual is not required to keep this commandment because he can’t. Lesbianism, by the way, is not a sin at all.

This article and short interview with an Orthodox Rabbi covers it nicely.

More and more, I’m seeing attitudes like the one expressed in the link above replacing the old-school attitudes of “It’s Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!” which dominated western culture in the past.

Sex before marriage:

This is not a sin, provided that they’re not sleeping with someone who is otherwise forbidden to them. This would be a sibling, a parent, or the spouse of a parent, or someone else’s spouse.

Everyone else is open game. Have fun, use a condom.

Sex with common vegetables, toys or ones self:

For females, there is no restriction what-so-ever. Have fun!

For males, is worth mentioning that the spilling of seed does technically violate a Torah prohibition, but this is a man against G-d violation, so we humans don’t need to interfere. What a male does by himself is his own business, not ours. I've never heard this addressed in any religious service in my entire life. People just don't worry about this in Jewish circles.

Judaism is a fluid religion. There are some things that we cannot change, but there are plenty of others which can change and must change to adapt to an ever-changing world. As we learn more about humanity and the universe in which we live, we’re encouraged to reevaluate Torah for the possibility of past misunderstandings. We’re always encouraged to translate the bible in the most lenient manner possible when a person’s feelings, sensitivities, or life are on the line. We’re here on this world to experience living; to partake in as many joys as possible before we die, and to treat our fellow man with as much respect and dignity as possible. That’s the top priority.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post