Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)
To:jennybee

I always found it interesting that Mark talks about preaching the Gospel to the whole of creation.Do you think God wasn't really thinking that one through when he confused the speech of the entire world It seems like that would hinder some of his plans for world-wide God love. (Tower of Babel incident) in Genesis 11?( The answer lies in God's commandment to men, via Noah in Gen. 9:1,"And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them,"Be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the earth." In the Hebrew, we see the word translated 'mala' which means 'fill' or in this instance 'to fill'. We see God reiterate Himself in vs 7. Man was to go forth throughout all the earth; this was the expressed Will of God.

But man resisted and rebelled against that commandment: in Gen. 11:4, it says,"Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make a name(for ourselves) lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

Many commentaries have discussed this; in some of the Jewish commentaries it is said that as man could raise a tower to heaven and thereby oppose God, and be immune from the judgement of water which flooded the earth. In vs 2, they came to the Plain of Shinar, interestingly, in Zech. 5:8 'wickedness' in the form of a woman, is carried in an ephah(basket) to the Plain of Shinar.

The key result is "this people is one, and they have one language: and now this they begin to do: and nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."(vs 6)

This is the spirit of Antichrist beginning to manifest upon the earth: singularly(or tribally), they would move throughout the earth, fulfilling the command of God, collectively they chose to oppose God, making a 'name' for themselves establishing their own will in defiance of God. And collectively, even God says "nothing will be restrained"(prevented) from them which they imagine to do."

Interesting, He used 'tongues' to divide them; in Acts 2:4 "tongues" was a sign of His Spirit being poured out on them.

Even in the beginning, the Mystery of Iniquity was being manifested: Satan, through his false promise of "man be as 'god', was attempting to fulfil it through the Tower of Babel. I believe that before the Flood, he was 'attempting' to create a race of 'supermen', 'giants' who if you read the Book of Enoch, terrorized men and called them to cry out to God. After the Flood, the last vestiges of this race was destroyed by the children of Israel- the sons of Anak were those decendants of the giants.

God, established His plan for man's redemption by calling a man out of Shinar named Abram, and bringing him to Canaan, where His plan was to bless him and his seed for eternity. And it is through Abraham-the name God gave him when He sealed His Covenant with Abraham, brought forth a people who would manifest His Name throughout the earth. Their home was Jerusalem, versus the home of those who rebelled which was Babylon. And out of Abraham's seed, which Paul in Gal. 3:16 which is 'one' came Christ, who would deliver all mankind from Satan's dominion.

The truth to the last part of your question of why God wanted them to spread out is that this prevented Satan's plan to attempt to bring man in one place, infuse men with the knowledge that he had observed God and His ways, prior to his downfall, and collectively establish his kingdom which opposes the Will of God, duping men into believing they could be 'god' in their own right, and establish a tyranny where men would be prevented from knowing God.

Instead, God 'restrained' his (Satan's) plan, chose a man of faith(Abraham) who became a father to all the faithful, brought His Son into the world through Abraham's faith passed on through generations, and through His Church, which His Son planted, is bringing all men scattered throughout the earth to faith in Him, the Mystery of Godliness(1 Tim 3:16)

In this day and in this hour BOTH MYSTERIES are revealed; Satan has thoroughly established his 'Babylon' throughout the earth, and Jesus has established His Church throughout the earth. The question for all mankind is,"Which kingdom do you prefer?" Christ's or the Antichrist's?)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)
(18-09-2015 02:13 AM)Hesso Wrote:  To:Banjo

Stop writing in light green ********. I am not gonna read that. Some of us are getting older you know.(Ok I will just use this)

You wont get any converts here pal. I look with scorn and contempt upon religious fools.

This is what Heywood does not understand. My total contempt for him.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-09-2015, 02:24 AM
To:jennybee

I also don't understand why God is now concerned with all of creation,( when in the OT, he wanted some of his creation (i.e. the animals) sacrificed to him so he could smell the sweet savor of burning animal flesh.( God required animal sacrifices to provide a temporary covering of sins and to foreshadow the perfect and complete sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Leviticus 4:35, 5:10). Animal sacrifice is an important theme found throughout Scripture because “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22). When Adam and Eve sinned, animals were killed by God to provide clothing for them (Genesis 3:21). Cain and Abel brought sacrifices to the Lord. Cain's was unacceptable because he brought fruit, while Abel's was acceptable because it was the “firstborn of his flock” (Genesis 4:4-5). After the flood receded, Noah sacrificed animals to God (Genesis 8:20-21).

God commanded the nation of Israel to perform numerous sacrifices according to certain procedures prescribed by God. First, the animal had to be spotless. Second, the person offering the sacrifice had to identify with the animal. Third, the person offering the animal had to inflict death upon it. When done in faith, this sacrifice provided a temporary covering of sins. Another sacrifice called for on the Day of Atonement, described in Leviticus 16, demonstrates forgiveness and the removal of sin. The high priest was to take two male goats for a sin offering. One of the goats was sacrificed as a sin offering for the people of Israel (Leviticus 16:15), while the other goat was released into the wilderness (Leviticus 16:20-22). The sin offering provided forgiveness, while the other goat provided the removal of sin.

Why, then, do we no longer offer animal sacrifices today? Animal sacrifices have ended because Jesus Christ was the ultimate and perfect sacrifice. John the Baptist recognized this when he saw Jesus coming to be baptized and said, “Look, the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29). You may be asking yourself, why animals? What did they do wrong? That is the point—since the animals did no wrong, they died in place of the one performing the sacrifice. Jesus Christ also did no wrong but willingly gave Himself to die for the sins of mankind (1 Timothy 2:6). Jesus Christ took our sin upon Himself and died in our place. As 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “God made him [Jesus] who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” Through faith in what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross, we can receive forgiveness.

In summation, animal sacrifices were commanded by God so that the individual could experience forgiveness of sin. The animal served as a substitute—that is, the animal died in place of the sinner, but only temporarily, which is why the sacrifices needed to be offered over and over. Animal sacrifices have stopped with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrificial substitute once for all time (Hebrews 7:27) and is now the only mediator between God and humanity (1 Timothy 2:5). Animal sacrifices foreshadowed Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf. The only basis on which an animal sacrifice could provide forgiveness of sins is Christ who would sacrifice Himself for our sins, providing the forgiveness that animal sacrifices could only illustrate and foreshadow.)
Silly God. Wink (Really?)
18-09-2015, 02:25 AM
Blowjob found a friend Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-09-2015, 02:25 AM
(18-09-2015 02:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 02:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yet another example of an atheist who apparently needs to engage in childish insults.

To the OP, you probably should knock off with the colors. It is harder to read and quite annoying. I see they started to neg rep you. They do that when a theist comes in and tries to challenge their world views.

FUCK OFF Heywood!

You know I won't. I'm going to call you out every time you engage in hurling weak minded insults. Don't like it, put me on ignore or leave the forum.
18-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Look, OP, you're an idiot, so why don't you go play with other idiots somewhere else hmm? You're not gonna convert anyone with your ridiculous bullshit, so... ya know, don't waste your time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
"The sacrifices commanded by god"??? Which god, Poseidon?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
Hello Hesso! Big Grin

Um.. so, which deity is it you think is real?

What can you present that you think is a good/verifiable information/evidence.

*Note: So far your youtube links are... barely understandable at best. Might you have something better?

Perhaps some references from a university or a more scholarly work?
(18-09-2015 02:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 02:13 AM)Hesso Wrote:  To:Banjo

Stop writing in light green ********. I am not gonna read that. Some of us are getting older you know.(Ok I will just use this)

You wont get any converts here pal. I look with scorn and contempt upon religious fools.

This is what Heywood does not understand. My total contempt for him.

A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind. 3When a wicked man comes, contempt also comes, And with dishonor comes scorn. Proverbs 18:2-3
18-09-2015, 02:31 AM
(18-09-2015 02:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 02:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  FUCK OFF Heywood!

You know I won't. I'm going to call you out every time you engage in hurling weak minded insults. Don't like it, put me on ignore or leave the forum.

I have seen you insult people! You think we miss it? You are a sanctimonious liar worthy of less respect than a cockroach. At least I am honest. I have seen through you Heywood.

Now go fuck off. You cannot even define the god in which you supposedly believe, and use xian type morals to back you up. "I forgive you". Idiot.

You, sir, are a lying contemptible fraud and a troll. And if you were here I'd tell you to your face!

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post