Believe it or Not: I'm asking for atheist opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
RE: Believe it or Not: I'm asking for atheist opinions
(04-10-2012 05:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Honestly, who gives a shit.

Atheists are right, theists are right who gives a shit.
What does it prove? nothing. Who cares if a God created everything, does it change anything to if some science explanation proved right? It's like "cool, XXX is how everything came to be... now what?". Whatever it was we can't change it, it's happened, everything is in existence.

Egor, just stop wasting your time thinking about how everything came to be. The sooner people accept that we cannot and never will know, including yourself, the sooner everyone can get on with their lives and do whatever it is they do.

Egor, what do you accomplish with all this shit you dribble?? The same as what I accomplish by all the dribble I preach when I spout off about atheism, nothing. My life isn't changed, time still ticks on, I'm still at university etc.. what does it matter how it came to be, what does it matter if God created everything or if everything came about because of some explosion?. All that matters is now, all that matters is right this very second, all that matters is my assignment that is due at 6pm tomorrow. Why? because nobody gives a flying shit. Life doesn't stop and go "oh, God created everything, here have $1million", life just carries on. Life is life and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

You are wasting your time, give it up and get on with your life because I fail to see what you are trying to achieve here.

First caveman: "I wonder what's over that hill?"
Second caveman: "Who gives a shit?"
First caveman: "But, what if it's something interesting?"
Second caveman: "You need to accept that there are some things we will never know?"
First caveman: "But, what if it's something that will help us survive?"
Second caveman: "You are wasting your time, give it up and get on with your life because I fail to see what you are trying to achieve here".

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM
(04-10-2012 12:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  See! You and me: We’re the same.

Shocking

Noises off:
Sound of door closing.
A shot fired.
A heavy thud.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
(04-10-2012 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 12:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  We've been over this already. The arguments you use are based on anecdotal evidence and are therefore not logically irrefutable.

I bow down to your superior intellect. Bowing

Rolleyes

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
04-10-2012, 12:27 PM

(03-10-2012 01:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 11:28 AM)Egor Wrote:  Logic leads to truth. If logic doesn't lead to truth, then there is no mechanism by which human beings can ascertain the truth in any reliable way.

Beautifully stated Smile

I liked your post. Your God is a rather nice fellow. I could get along with him. Do get along with him, apparently Tongue

Thank you very much, Morondog. I appreciate that.

(03-10-2012 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like morondog, I can get behind that interpretation of God, Egor, it's very close to my own. I am my own personal Jesus. My own personal Savior. And reason proved to be an invaluable tool for realizing this.

I wonder if there’s really anything to be saved from. I spent a lifetime studying Jesus, and if I am honest, I don’t get it. Most of what he says simply cannot work in the world. If he meant it for the next life, or for life after death, then it has no meaning here. If he has already come back and gone, then it is expired wisdom. If there’s a hidden message in his words, then they are irrelevant.

I have spent my life studying Jesus, and I just don’t get it. I can make shit up. I can pretend. I can assign meanings to his words—I can even follow someone else who is doing the same, but in truth, he makes almost no sense to me whatsoever.

(03-10-2012 08:41 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm so proud! My little Egor is all grown up!

It’s been a long time. It took 40 years (I first became a Christian at 7). I’m 48 now, just turned.

Quote:Kidding aside, I like your argument. I love the line "so, if God is found through intuition, then God has utterly hidden himself from humanity" and think that's very insightful.

Yes, thank you, because everyone has their own intuition don’t they?

(03-10-2012 09:04 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  To the OP:

No, we do not need to have any respect for other people's knowledge when that knowledge is based on bastardizing real science, making wild claims with no proof, and simply saying "God did it."

I went to a Baptist Christian forum earlier today and I lost all my faith in humanity. The people there claim that the Earth is flat, that English is God's language, and that things like the recent NASA mission to Mars are faked because the planets are just points of light in the celestial sphere (according to the Bible.) How am I supposed to have any respect for stupid ignorance on that level? I can't have an argument or conversation with anyone who thinks these things, because to them science starts and ends with a 2,000 year old book...and everything else is the work of the devil.

One poster ever claimed that the song Gangnam Style was an attack by the Japanese people on American values as revenge for the nuclear bombs in WWII. When someone else posted that the song is from South Korea, the people in the site got mad, and accused the person that pointed this out of being ignorant about geography and of working for the devil. If you think I'm making this stuff up, send me a private PM and I'll refer you to that forum..but I warn you, the level of stupidity there will forever destroy any faith in humanity.

OMG. How can there be two people on the planet who would come together and believe that crap? And Gangman Style is actually a pretty clean song and video. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be funny.

But you know, like the mentally ill, the first thing to go in the religious is their sense of humor.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM

(04-10-2012 12:19 AM)depat Wrote:  Egor:

I don't know how to discuss/debate your topic.

Your analysis sounds as if God exists only for itself, yet needs stepford (dream people) people to affirm / validate itself.

Why do Theists call God, he? So disturbingly, socially constructed.

Personally, I think outside of animals, God is completely unconscious. We operate, even as human beings, almost completely unconscious of most of our activity. I don't see why this can't be extrapolated as a general dynamic of the universe itself. Where God (and again, I use the term God for convenience only) is conscious in animal life, it appears it is most apparent in human beings, and any other creature like a human being elsewhere in the universe (if there is such a creature).

Dogs are conscious, obviously, but they probably don't think about being God. Except for the one in my avatar. She's the queen bitch of the household and she knows it.
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
04-10-2012, 12:40 PM

What does it prove? nothing. Who cares if a God created everything, does it change anything to if some science explanation proved right? It's like "cool, XXX is how everything came to be... now what?". Whatever it was we can't change it, it's happened, everything is in existence.

Quote:Egor, just stop wasting your time thinking about how everything came to be. The sooner people accept that we cannot and never will know, including yourself, the sooner everyone can get on with their lives and do whatever it is they do.

If I want to spend the rest of my time trying to expand my mind, what the fuck is it to you?

Quote:Egor, what do you accomplish with all this shit you dribble??

You reading my post.

Quote:The same as what I accomplish by all the dribble I preach when I spout off about atheism, nothing. My life isn't changed, time still ticks on, I'm still at university etc.. what does it matter how it came to be, what does it matter if God created everything or if everything came about because of some explosion?. All that matters is now, all that matters is right this very second, all that matters is my assignment that is due at 6pm tomorrow. Why? because nobody gives a flying shit. Life doesn't stop and go "oh, God created everything, here have $1million", life just carries on. Life is life and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

So go be a nihilistic hedonist.

Quote:You are wasting your time, give it up and get on with your life because I fail to see what you are trying to achieve here.

That's right--you do fail to see it. And I'm not going to tell you. Shy
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
(04-10-2012 12:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dogs are conscious, obviously, but they probably don't think about being God.

WRONG.... dog is god... just dyslexic. Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-10-2012, 01:42 PM
(03-10-2012 12:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 11:28 AM)Egor Wrote:  As I have stated, I believe God exists. But I believe only God exists and everything else we think exists is really part of God owing its existence to being of God's substance. I can demonstrate this with logical arguments--irrefutable logical arguments, in my opinion. But that God is not a Christian God. In fact, if that God exists, religion of any kind is most likely pointless.
We've been over this already. The arguments you use are based on anecdotal evidence and are therefore not logically irrefutable.

Cuz dey be unreliablez by default, brah. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
04-10-2012, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 02:04 PM by earmuffs.)
(04-10-2012 06:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Egor, just stop wasting your time thinking about how everything came to be. The sooner people accept that we cannot and never will know, including yourself, the sooner everyone can get on with their lives and do whatever it is they do.

Egor, what do you accomplish with all this shit you dribble?? The same as what I accomplish by all the dribble I preach when I spout off about atheism, nothing. My life isn't changed, time still ticks on, I'm still at university etc.. what does it matter how it came to be, what does it matter if God created everything or if everything came about because of some explosion?. All that matters is now, all that matters is right this very second, all that matters is my assignment that is due at 6pm tomorrow. Why? because nobody gives a flying shit. Life doesn't stop and go "oh, God created everything, here have $1million", life just carries on. Life is life and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

You are wasting your time, give it up and get on with your life because I fail to see what you are trying to achieve here.

First caveman: "I wonder what's over that hill?"
Second caveman: "Who gives a shit?"
First caveman: "But, what if it's something interesting?"
Second caveman: "You need to accept that there are some things we will never know?"
First caveman: "But, what if it's something that will help us survive?"
Second caveman: "You are wasting your time, give it up and get on with your life because I fail to see what you are trying to achieve here".

DLJ, we can see in a 45billion light year radius around earth, we have reached pretty much physical possibility of what we can see within the laws of speed of light.
This is not about seeing what is over the hill, this is about shit we will never know. ie: where the fuck did it all come from.
And even if we do find out it will be through science and looking into the extremely small world (atoms etc..) and not whatever this shit is Egor dribbles on about.

The conversation would be like this if you want a caveman conversation.

Caveman1: Over that hill is a mystical fairyland filled with rainbows and bunny rabbits
Caveman2: No, we don't know what is over that hill until we actually go over the hill and see
Caveman1: Yes we do, rainbows and bunny rabbits, we don't need to go over that hill because I know what is over that hill.
Caveman2: ahh, okay sure, I'm gonna go to my commercial law essay now because it's due in 5hours.

Quote:If I want to spend the rest of my time trying to expand my mind, what the fuck is it to you?

But you're not expanding your mind, you're trying to fill it with shit that aint there, with shit we don't know the answer too. And because we don't know the answer to it and you want so so so so desperately for that question to be answered then you are going to do what you are doing now which is answer that question with whatever dribble it is you currently have it filled with, mon-a-mono consciousness whatever bullshit.
And so rather then accepting the truth which is we don't know you are simply filling your brain with falsehoods.

And what the fuck is it to me?
Nothing, absolutely nothing. I don't care about you, I don't like you, I don't know you (which kinda contradicts the "I don't like you" but whatever). Do whatever the fuck you like. All I'm doing is offering my opinions because you posted openingly on a forum in which I post and so you obviosuly want public feedback, well.. you got my feedback. Take it or shove it up your ass, I really don't care.

Quote:You reading my post.

But I haven't read your post, I don't want to read your post and I'm not going to read your post so you really need to find a new goal if that is seriously your only goal of this.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Ozzie:
Did you go to the Landover Baptist forum and lose your faith in humanity? That is a troll site. All fake, those are not real. I thought that the first time I went there.

My first thoughts when I saw the post were:
What is an "atheist question?"
Where in the original post was anything resembling an argument that could be considered a rebuttal to the existence of god that might be considered an "atheist question?"

And then I saw a reply to Chas along the way that asserted atheism as a faith-based belief again and I understood. Egor still seems to think we are religious and as such, thinks there is a standard set of beliefs from which atheists draw and use to ask questions to those of faith.

That ain't my culture and heritage. Is that your culture and heritage?

Evolve