Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-10-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Believe!
(16-10-2017 09:23 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 06:01 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I don't give a fuck about any or all gods that may be watching. If they want to communicate with me they are quite welcome to, but I certainly didn't need the likes of you presuming to speak for them.

Indeed. What kind of god is it that would need a science-ignorant asswipe like Eagle to be its spokesman?

[Image: AHth27K.gif?zoom=2]

A non-existent one?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-10-2017, 10:03 AM
(16-10-2017 09:41 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 09:23 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Indeed. What kind of god is it that would need a science-ignorant asswipe like Eagle to be its spokesman?

[Image: AHth27K.gif?zoom=2]

A non-existent one?

[Image: ebfb7c1b6113b48c71f3fb783da76b7c--comment-memes-war.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-10-2017, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 10:15 AM by Reltzik.)
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

Leaving aside all the things you claimed to have proven but failed to do so, and the utter rubbish of Pascal's Wager which I'm sure everyone and their dog has pounced on by now, I'm going to follow this Biblical passage a bit down the belief rabbit hole and see where it leads.

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'

.... this would supposedly be the same god that could have done salvation and eternal life with a figurative snap of his fingers, without the silly requirement that everyone believe and without the drawn out torture-murder-gorn of the Crucifiction?

Because if not, that god's not omnipotent.

And if SO? If that god put his son through that torture/murder bit anyway when he could have made accomplished the goal WITHOUT it, and then for no reason made Jesus's death pointless unless people buy into a book that reads like fables on the basis of no rational evidence whatsoever? In that case, the Bible passage needs a bit of correcting...

For God so loved the world so hated Jesus...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Christians have NOT THOUGHT THIS THROUGH.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 7 users Like Reltzik's post
16-10-2017, 10:05 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.
Still trolling, Beagle?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Believe!
(16-10-2017 09:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 09:14 AM)natachan Wrote:  Depends on if you want to ruin that bacon by overcooking it. Over cooked bacon yuck.

I agree. Over cooked bacon looses it's appeal. It's like biting into a piece of charcoal or something.

2 thoughts about bacon:

1. Bacon is the perfect food because it’s impossible to ruin.

2. Bacon is a proof of the non-existence of god. No god would make something which is so bad for us taste so good.
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
16-10-2017, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 10:35 AM by Rachel.)
Believe!
Double post removed. Sorry.
16-10-2017, 10:32 AM
(16-10-2017 08:38 AM)JackRussell Wrote:  Have you had, if we evolved from monkeys, why are their still monkeys?

That's always good for a laugh!

Edited cos typing on phone sucks when you are old.

My favorite response to that is "if hamburgers come from cows, why are there still cows?"
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
16-10-2017, 10:37 AM
(16-10-2017 07:30 AM)Rachel Wrote:  Amazon finally shut the forums down.

Their final message directed users to “Amazon Spark” for product discussions. I couldn’t even look at Spark because I was a bad girl and got banned a couple of times.

No wonder they call it Mamazon.

Doc
16-10-2017, 10:38 AM
What is this blasphemy about bacon being bad for me?!? Bacon is one of he cornerstones of healthy eating!

Not like chocolate. Which is both delicious and bad for you.

Cake is a sometimes food...
16-10-2017, 10:46 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

Robert Sapolsky argues that this type of behaviour is an example of someone who suffers from schizotopal personality disorder. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypa...y_disorder

At some point in human evolution, one of our ancestors was born with a mutation of their brain and had a more developed cerebral cortex. http://www.yalescientific.org/2010/09/ev...-us-human/

I talk to my dogs and they understand some of what I tell them to do. Not much. They are pretty stupid generally, but they also have a lot of the same characteristics as animals as humans do We all have an old animal brain. Who's to say that the development of the cerebral cortex went right for everyone? It was by necessity a hit or miss thing and for some, instead of getting a brain that gives them the ability to think rationally, they got something else. Religious writers weren't necessarily crazy too. But, they were writing to an audience of people who were not only as ill as the people in the Gallup poll referred to in the video, but they were also illiterate and lived in at a time where science was less advanced. So, the bible stories had to take that into account. They preach to their audience and their audience thinks this way.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post