Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-10-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: Believe!
(16-10-2017 10:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 08:38 AM)JackRussell Wrote:  Have you had, if we evolved from monkeys, why are their still monkeys?

That's always good for a laugh!

Edited cos typing on phone sucks when you are old.

My favorite response to that is "if hamburgers come from cows, why are there still cows?"
To anyone who thinks Genesis is real, I ask, if humans were made from dirt, why is there still dirt?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
16-10-2017, 11:56 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Some of us still care about self respect. You play the lotto, with any luck you'll just throw your belief at what is true. I prefer to live life with my eyes, ears and mind open and to be choosey about what I come to believe.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 5 users Like whateverist's post
16-10-2017, 12:19 PM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

Evolution is factual, creationism is silliness.

God unfortunately soon involves itself in so many incoherencies, puzzles, self contradictions, God obviously cannot exist. And so any religion attaching itself to such a failed hypothesis is also wrong.

Descartes: God creates the laws, the very logic of the Universe. God is perfectly, morally good. If so, God hating moral evil would have created man with a god-like good moral nature and a god-like free will such as god enjoys. So man would freely choose only to do moral good like God. We do not live in such a Universe. If God creates the laws of the Universe, the very logic of the Universe and is perfectly morally good, we would live in an entirely different kind of Universe.

This demonstrates that either God does not create the laws of the Universe, and has little control over the Universe, and we have proven God is not as claimed, all powerful. Where do the laws of nature come from then? Or God is indifferent to us and does not care about us, which falsifies supposed revelations about the nature of God. Or God does not exist and is simply a myth.

That is, your God claims have serious problems that demonstrate you are not worth taking seriously. And there are other serious problems with the God concept that simply compound your theology's lack of logical coherence or reality.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
16-10-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm curious if he thinks god is like Beetlejuice, where if you say Beetlejuice three times then Beetlejuice shows up. Maybe he thinks it works like that. All he has to do is keep asserting it enough and it's true.

[Image: 6081014b60456d9e9208535092d19c7c--beetle...makeup.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
16-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Could you just fly like an Eagle, to somewhere else.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-10-2017, 12:28 PM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  What have you got to lose?

Everything. In the beginning, Gwyneth Paltrow created me, from me the universe. Unless scripture begins in this manner, from the prophet, or the way of tao - the tao that can be spoken is not the eternal tao - then it isn't scripture, and your quoting of what you to believe to be scripture does not make it so.

So drop alla that nonsense and accept Gwyneth as your lord and savior - before it's too late.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-10-2017, 12:35 PM
(16-10-2017 10:06 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 09:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I agree. Over cooked bacon looses it's appeal. It's like biting into a piece of charcoal or something.

2 thoughts about bacon:

1. Bacon is the perfect food because it’s impossible to ruin.

2. Bacon is a proof of the non-existence of god. No god would make something which is so bad for us taste so good.

Conversely, a god wouldn't make something so good for us (broccoli, brussel sprouts, turnup greens) taste so bad. He'd make them taste like chocolate whipped cream, or something.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-10-2017, 12:49 PM
(16-10-2017 12:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 10:06 AM)Rachel Wrote:  2 thoughts about bacon:

2. Bacon is a proof of the non-existence of god. No god would make something which is so bad for us taste so good.

Conversely, a god wouldn't make something so good for us (broccoli, brussel sprouts, turnup greens) taste so bad. He'd make them taste like chocolate whipped cream, or something.

Hmmm, I like broccoli and brussels sprouts (I just had some broccoli with my lunch), but I do have to admit that they're even better if you throw some bacon in with them.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
16-10-2017, 12:57 PM
(16-10-2017 10:06 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 09:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I agree. Over cooked bacon looses it's appeal. It's like biting into a piece of charcoal or something.

2 thoughts about bacon:

On the contrary, it is proof positive of the existence of a god like YHWH.

Doc
16-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Believe!
(16-10-2017 12:57 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  On the contrary, it is proof positive of the existence of a god like YHWH.

Doc

Hmmm. Is that because it is supposed to be a cranky, irritable, sadistic POS?