Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-10-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Believe!
If he's a genetic engineer I'm the pope. Seriously that's fucking bullshit!!!!!! You couldn't even do the academics and be a evolution denying creationist. FFS.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2017, 03:50 PM
(16-10-2017 03:32 PM)Eagle Wrote:  The Bible teaches ...

The Bible tells us ...

Thousands of different sects of Christianity (including Catholics -- and let's include Jews too, since most of the Bible was their scripture before Christianity even existed) can't seem to agree on what the Bible teaches/tells us. What makes you so sure that you know what it teaches? Whatever you think it teaches, there are Christians who think otherwise. What makes you right and them wrong?
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
16-10-2017, 03:51 PM
(16-10-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My money's on BS.

Well then this thread is the same as his degree.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
16-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Degree? This joker can't be much older than 14. And if he is, I weep for the education system that produced him.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-10-2017, 03:59 PM
(16-10-2017 03:32 PM)Eagle Wrote:  You could say I don't know anything about science, and that's true for many Christians, but I am university level educated in life science field...

What Bible college is your education from? It can't be very good at all if it misled you so badly on evolution.

Quote:...and you can see there's something like approx 120 posts so far on this thread, and maybe 2 or 3 comments worth replying to because they wish to engage in a serious conversation...

And none of those 2 or 3 comments were written by *you*, Eagle. Your beliefs are so execrably stupid that they're fit only for mocking.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
16-10-2017, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 04:06 PM by Loom.)
Claims to be a genetic engineer and life scientist yet believes scientists tout evolution as having cats giving birth to dogs.

Forgive me for not finding your credentials and your knowledge on the subject to be very compelling Drinking Beverage

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
16-10-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Dysbelieve!
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that

When you say "we", how many voices are we talking about?

Quote:What have you got to lose?

Judging by your condition a whole damned lot.

Quote:Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

Jesus was the son of Joseph. He died on the cross because he was a messianic crazy who pissed off the Roman empire. They left him up there to rot. The only way Jesus ever rose was as a particularly nasty buzzard's burp.

'For God so hated the world, that he slew his only misbegotten Son, that whosoever believeth not in him should not perish, but have everlasting torment.' John 3:16 (Teacher's Edition)

Quote:I want to see you in Heaven!

But I don't want to see you in Heaven. Do me a favour and blaspheme against the Holy Spirit so we can make this work.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-10-2017, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 04:46 PM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that

... your ignorance, credulity* and dishonesty are limitless.

[ETA: oops. Accidentally called you "credible".. Shocking ]

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  - God is the only logical explanation for the universe

Logical? "God did it" is logical?

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  - Evolution is nonesense

I read that thread. Every "point" (and I use that term loosely) you made was thoroughly and completely reputed. You ignored all evidence provided and simply repeated mindless platitudes.

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Yawn. Pascal's Wager. Never heard that one. Facepalm

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

Because the idea of vicarious redemption is vile.

No one can atone for crimes committed by someone else.

Not me, not you, not your mythical god. No one.

And seriously? Your god supposedly impregnates a virgin with himself, then when he grows up, he sacrifices himself, to himself, to circumvent fucked up laws that he himself made.

Oh, and right before that, he instructs his followers to engage in ritual cannibalism.

Makes perfect sense. Thumbsup

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

And if you don't love him back? Yep, lake of eternal fire. Everlasting torture. The worm that dieth not. etc. etc.

Love me or I'll torture you for eternity.

Where I come from, we don't call that love. We call that a protection racket, domestic violence and/or emotional abuse.

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

Faith? or Gullibility? How can you differentiate between the two?

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

However that disagrees with many of the large religions. Roman Catholicism preaches exclusivity, as do others.

You've already been proven to be a liar. Why should we believe you?

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

Ask the survivors of Jonestown how faith can control you.
Ask the survivors of the catholic abuse system how faith can control you.
Ask those who've lost money to televangelists and faith healers how faith can control you.

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

Integrity. I cannot say I believe in something that I do not believe in.

There is nothing to gain. True biblical scholars have documented the formation of christianity. They can show how the theology changed as it

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

What? You get brownie points every time you mention Pascal's Wager?

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

So I'm suppose to close my eyes and pretend I'm speaking telepathically to an undead Jewish heretic? One who intended his message for his own people, not the Gentiles?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 8 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-10-2017, 04:08 PM
(16-10-2017 03:36 PM)Eagle Wrote:  No it is a full degree with honours.

Baby Jesus cries when you lie like that Eagle.

You see this desicated husk? That's baby Jesus. Way to kill the saviour of man. Again.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-10-2017, 04:12 PM
(16-10-2017 04:06 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Where I come from, we don't call that love. We call that a protection racket, domestic violence and/or emotional abuse.

Nice soul you got here. Looks flammable. It'd be a real shame if anything happened to it.

---
[+] 9 users Like Paleophyte's post