Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
17-10-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: Believe!
(17-10-2017 04:43 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 04:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It sure looks like it,.... I feel embarrassedSadcryface

Clitheroe maybe Drinking Beverage

Scunthorpe?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
17-10-2017, 05:24 AM
(17-10-2017 04:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 04:43 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Clitheroe maybe Drinking Beverage

Scunthorpe?
Staines?

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2017, 05:25 AM
(17-10-2017 05:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 04:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Scunthorpe?
Staines?

Isn't that what you get when you step in Slough?
17-10-2017, 05:26 AM
(17-10-2017 05:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 04:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Scunthorpe?
Staines?

Milton Keynes university for the insane ?
17-10-2017, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2017 05:58 AM by Thedemonbarber.)
(17-10-2017 05:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 05:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Staines?

Milton Keynes university for the insane ?

I've got it , he's from Barking.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
17-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Go fuck yourself!

(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
17-10-2017, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2017 07:14 AM by DLJ.)
(16-10-2017 03:10 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Here's the truth of the matter: There isn't actually any evidence to support the idea that living organisms developed from earlier forms during earths history. You see, evolution is an idea, accepted on faith. I wanted to try to explain (and think I have successfully to some people) that evolution is a belief system. Of course, people are people, and you will get a lot of non believers in God not willing to have their foundations shaken, as much as anyone. I've been at both sides, God has blessed me with that.

Another definition of truth. But go ahead. Shake our foundations. Because even if, should evolution be shown to be false, it's not a foundation for anything. Although I'm sure it will never happen, it would excite the hell out of me.

I love science, especially the self-correcting nature of it, and such a revelation would bring in a whole new paradigm of science. But that would not move your god fairy tale one iota closer to reality.
17-10-2017, 07:05 AM
(16-10-2017 03:32 PM)Eagle Wrote:  You could say I don't know anything about science, and that's true for many Christians, but I am university level educated in life science field, so I do know something, maybe even more than most posters here, but how can you know? No one can see anyone on the internet, and you can see there's something like approx 120 posts so far on this thread, and maybe 2 or 3 comments worth replying to because they wish to engage in a serious conversation, rather than just memes or such, but it is what it is! Smile

Maybe it was the statement that evolution is no more than belief in substitute for god. Was this a religious university? Did you graduate/pass? Was it mail order/on-line?
17-10-2017, 07:06 AM
(16-10-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 03:36 PM)Eagle Wrote:  No it is a full degree with honours.

PhD? MS? Or BS? My money's on BS. A BS don't make you a scientist. Even an MS don't make you a scientist.

But BS in necessary to be a believer.
17-10-2017, 07:10 AM
(16-10-2017 05:53 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

Short answer is no, the long answer is also no. Drinking Beverage

Well, I bet you're no longer a champion in his eyes. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post