Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
17-10-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Believe!
(17-10-2017 05:59 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 04:20 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's actually a bit more complicated than that. The primary creation of Henry VIII's Anglican Church was the Book of Common Prayer. There were already several competing English translations of the Bible. King James commissioned the KJV quite a few years later, aiming to combine the best features of the earlier translations to produce a single new version that (it was hoped) would be used by everyone (as it turned out, that happened beyond their wildest dreams). Something like 90% of the KJV is taken verbatim from one or the other of the existing translations, but there is also substantial new content. In many ways, it is specifically Protestant (as opposed to the contemporaneous Catholic Douay-Rheims translation), but I'm not sure that it's specifically Anglican. And it's still a very good translation -- but not without its problems.

Thanks for the clarification!

I think my favorite part is where they had no original greek version so they back-translated later latin versions into greek...

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/jus...nslations/

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-10-2017, 06:24 PM
(17-10-2017 05:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I love that Eagle's source is Wikipedia and he seems proud of that.

I know, right? !!!!!!!

Maybe the "honors" are from Eagle's grade school graduation? I mean, my son learned the drawbacks of Wikipedia in fourth grade or so, but maybe Eagle's from one of those states with an educational system that lags behind.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
17-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Also from The Eagle school of Dubious Credentials:

I am an expert on New Testament biblical criticism and textual analysis.

One time I made it half-way through Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ."

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
17-10-2017, 06:55 PM
(17-10-2017 02:57 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 02:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Please provide a reason why anybody should care what the bible says about anything.
Maybe the person I responded to cares because s(he) says their brother is giving 10% of their salary.

@Mathilda A cult is defined as something which does not agree with the Bible.

Actually, that is NOT the definition of a cult.
Ignoramus.

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
"the cult of St. Olaf"
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.
"a network of Satan-worshiping cults"
synonyms: sect, denomination, group, movement, church, persuasion, body, faction
"a religious cult"
a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"
synonyms: obsession with, fixation on, mania for, passion for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of
"the cult of eternal youth in Hollywood"

Still waiting for you to PROVE you know anything about genetics.

Fucking liar.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-10-2017, 06:56 PM
(17-10-2017 06:34 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Also from The Eagle school of Dubious Credentials:

Eagle is so religious that he will probably offer a baptism and salvation to God. After that he will encourage God to bring in his wife, the Holy Spirit, and his son Jeebus and baptize them as well to save their souls from the fiery pits of hell. Then, the choir will burst out in song, people will start speaking in tongues, and God will break out his checkbook and write a large check to the Church of Eagland.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
17-10-2017, 07:00 PM
(17-10-2017 06:34 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Also from The Eagle school of Dubious Credentials:

Yet he couldn't even begin to answer the question concerning the "born again" refutation by Ehrman.

He has NO credentials in anything.
Genetics my ass.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Eagle is cherry picking the easiest questions just to continue the trolling. This is some boring shit. I miss Q.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
17-10-2017, 07:53 PM
(17-10-2017 02:55 PM)Eagle Wrote:  and evolution is defined as,

the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
Evolution is change in allele frequency over time.
That's it. Literally. That novel structures or speciation occurs is actually incidental to that.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
17-10-2017, 08:47 PM
(17-10-2017 06:24 PM)julep Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 05:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I love that Eagle's source is Wikipedia and he seems proud of that.

I know, right? !!!!!!!

Maybe the "honors" are from Eagle's grade school graduation? I mean, my son learned the drawbacks of Wikipedia in fourth grade or so, but maybe Eagle's from one of those states with an educational system that lags behind.

I want you to know that he was Valedictorian...homeschooling will do that for you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-10-2017, 08:55 PM
(17-10-2017 06:56 PM)Free Wrote:  Eagle is so religious that he will probably offer a baptism and salvation to God. After that he will encourage God to bring in his wife, the Holy Spirit, and his son Jeebus and baptize them as well to save their souls from the fiery pits of hell.

It’ll look something like this I’m afraid. Shocking

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce