Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-10-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Believe!
More apologetic clap-trap.

The only thing to be angry about is that these idiots all spout the same shit, and think, just because it's a different day, it will make sense on another day.

No one is angry here. You may be, and that's why you're *projecting* and seeing yourself in other people, Eagle. I mean really. If your god(s) are reduced to having a lying person claiming to have credentials they obviously made up, to preach for them, they must be pretty weak gods.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-10-2017, 05:58 PM
It would be very difficult to believe that a known fictional character was real.
I mean to truly believe it. No doubts.

Example - "Darth Vader exists. No doubt in your mind."

And Vice Versa
This is why it's so difficult for a theist to believe that their "real" god is in fact, fictional.

It's a hard pill to swallow

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
18-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Pascal's wager does not work for one simple reason. Who the fuck would want to spend any time let alone an eternity with people like you?

I for one would rather burn for ever.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
18-10-2017, 06:13 PM
(17-10-2017 03:18 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Which, by the way, I thought about briefly

I'm pretty sure all the thought you've ever had has been the briefest glimmer of one. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
18-10-2017, 06:22 PM
(18-10-2017 05:58 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It would be very difficult to believe that a known fictional character was real.
I mean to truly believe it. No doubts. Example - "Darth Vader exists. No doubt in your mind."

And Vice Versa
This is why it's so difficult for a theist to believe that their "real" god is in fact, fictional.

They seem to swallow fiction as fact with unerring regularity: A talking donkey and a talking snake, a flat earth, birds walking on all fours, Methuselah living for 969 years, God disguising himself as a burning bush that talks, women being dirty and sinful after childbirth, God having the strength of a unicorn, a bat being just an unclean bird... ad nauseam.

And one of Eagle's favourites I'm sure: Men are superior to women since Adam was made before, and sinned after Eve. [1 Timothy 2]

Gasp

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
18-10-2017, 06:33 PM
(18-10-2017 04:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I love the word cock-womble.

Sounds like something in a D&D Beastiary.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
18-10-2017, 06:39 PM
(18-10-2017 05:58 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It would be very difficult to believe that a known fictional character was real.

And Vice Versa

[Image: comment_6IHTR6MVOVCC2F7Sh0w1zNk9cJRNdXyh.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 5 users Like Free's post
18-10-2017, 06:42 PM
(18-10-2017 06:39 PM)Free Wrote:  

And Vice Versa

[Image: comment_6IHTR6MVOVCC2F7Sh0w1zNk9cJRNdXyh.jpg]

Medusa rules

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-10-2017, 08:50 PM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

Fuck off.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-10-2017, 09:52 PM
(16-10-2017 06:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 05:31 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I try hard not to mix the two.

Don't drink and derive?

Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post