Believe!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-10-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Believe!
Why are you so desperate for people to think the same way as you Eagle?

I don't give a fuck about any or all gods that may be watching. If they want to communicate with me they are quite welcome to, but I certainly didn't need the likes of you presuming to speak for them.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
16-10-2017, 06:02 AM
(16-10-2017 05:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 05:51 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Threads about cheese now.

It always was

[Image: meltycheese.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-10-2017, 06:02 AM
(16-10-2017 05:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 05:42 AM)julep Wrote:  How artistic! I just scrunch up the wax so that it looked like a piece of chewing gum. Next time I'm making a little sculpture, instead. In honor of this thread, I will craft a tiny troll.

Yeah I'd start by making cubes, then pyramids, then when it was nicely warmed up I'd roll it into elongated sausages, cut it into segments and then sick each segment on surface of the table in an arch so it looks like the Loch Ness monster with a head and tail dipping in and out of the water.

I make a wickedly good model penis from wax, putty, clay, plasticine, my dear old dad taught me, first make a sausage shape then flatten it out at one end into a sort of half moon shape, fold it back over the main body of the sausage shape and pinch the bottom edges together and voilà a perfect circumcised dick ornament for the dinner table. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-10-2017, 06:03 AM
(16-10-2017 05:54 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 05:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  It always was

Cheesus

[Image: cheesus-grater.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-10-2017, 06:04 AM
(16-10-2017 06:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 05:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah I'd start by making cubes, then pyramids, then when it was nicely warmed up I'd roll it into elongated sausages, cut it into segments and then sick each segment on surface of the table in an arch so it looks like the Loch Ness monster with a head and tail dipping in and out of the water.

I make a wickedly good model penis from wax, putty, clay, plasticine, my dear old dad taught me, first make a sausage shape then flatten it out at one end into a sort of half moon shape, fold it back over the main body of the sausage shape and pinch the bottom edges together and voilà a perfect circumcised dick ornament for the dinner table. Wink

Google Image Search 'cheese dick'.

[Image: s1200_image.jpg]

Was not disappointed.

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-10-2017, 06:07 AM
(16-10-2017 06:01 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Why are you so desperate for people to think the same way as you Eagle?

I don't give a fuck about any or all gods that may be watching. If they want to communicate with me they are quite welcome to, but I certainly didn't need the likes of you presuming to speak for them.

This.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
16-10-2017, 06:28 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense

What have you got to lose? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why not believe on Jesus, the son of God, who died on the cross for your sins, was buried and bodily rose on the third day?

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

That's all it is, just simple faith in the Lord.

You don't have to do anything! You don't have to give money, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to recite the rosary, you don't have to be water baptised, you don't have to do anything.

You know, I've read people trying to say it's a control system. Where is the control when all it takes is faith? I want to see you in Heaven!

What have you got to lose? When you have everything to gain?

It costs you nothing to believe. Why not just believe then, when it costs you nothing, but you have everything to gain? What is there to lose? Nothing! But to gain, everything!

Tell Jesus that you are not sure, but what He offers is truly great, and you'd like it, tell Him that you're going to put your trust in Him to have your sins cleansed and to go to Heaven, and that you trust Him and Him alone.

I know you think you’re doing us all a favor and scoring big points for your god. I also know you’re young and been indoctrinated with this stuff, I was too once.

Others already have told you that a person doesn’t simply choose to believe anymore than they choose not to believe. I’m sure you would agree that your all-knowing god would know when a person is saying they believe when in fact they don’t. It isn’t like you throw a switch and you turn it on or off, does that make sense to you?

I’m now talking to you like the old fart that I am with lots of life experience, all I’m suggesting is that you consider the following for a minute or two.

I bet you have yet to experience what it’s like to lose someone you dearly love, be it a spouse or a child. From how you write I think it’s safe for me to assume you haven’t lost a close friend in the prime of life to cancer or an accident. If you get to be as old as me you’ll experience these things as you go through life and if you are a thinking person you’ll try and explain to yourself how these things can happen if there is an all loving god.

Imagine yourself sitting next to your dying loved one, day in and day out, as they suffer through the last, painful stages of metastasized cancer and wonder why them and not you. Is it because you lit an extra candle or prayed two extra Our Fathers? Is it because the person who’s feeble hand you’re now holding stole a bicycle when they were ten? Or is it simply that there is no rhyme or reason?

If I were still an apologist I know how I would counter these questions. But repeating what you’ve been taught to believe when you haven’t any life experience rings hollow. Sure it’s soothing for you to think that you are loved by this ethereal being and that a wonderful afterlife awaits you, but the reality is that humans have conjured up feel-good stories to ease our pains and fear of death. There simply isn’t any evidence to the contrary.

You are young now and you want all these stories to be true, remember when you believed in Santa Claus when you were a child? You have compartmentalized what you have been taught to believe because trying to make it jive with what happens everyday to others in this world is not possible. You have been taught that god works in mysterious ways and that people suffer for x or y reasons and this, for now, is good enough for you.

I hope you never have to try and explain to yourself why a dear friend, one who believed as deeply in the same god you do, prayed as fervently as you have, led an exemplary life, loved their spouse and children more than life itself is lying there on the bed you are sitting next to wracked in pain (if it weren’t for the heavy sedatives) and dying a slow death. Some people will just dig themselves deeper into the hole of cognitive dissonance they live in, but others like me will see life for what it is and deal with reality and not make believe.

“There are certain things that cannot be adequately explained to a virgin by words or pictures.” - F. Schwed

Having said all this, do me a favor, instead of regurgitating John 3:16 or some other scripture which many of us know better than you, why don’t you ask why we think the way we do and try and learn something about how others think. Doing this may frighten you but if you are going to stick around you might as well have a dialogue instead of proselytizing which will only get you banned eventually.

Think about it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
16-10-2017, 06:38 AM
(16-10-2017 01:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  So far we have proven that
- God is the only logical explanation for the universe
- Evolution is nonesense (sic)

> Nope! As far as evolution is concerned, you have already been thoroughly pwned here in a previous thread. Yes

> And, as you may recall, you challenged me on Amazon to disprove the existence of God. Not only did I successfully succeed in doing so, I also reduced you to the status of a gibbering idiot. Do you really want to get similarly trounced here as well? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
16-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Yeah, not wading through this shit first thing in the morning, but something tells me this turdkey is not long for this forum Drinking Beverage

[Image: achick12.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
16-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Eagle, I'm the Goddess of Random Equipment Malfunctions. Believe in Me, or the toaster gets it. Big Grin

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post