(Believer) Wife Has Agreed to Exchange Books...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: (Believer) Wife Has Agreed to Exchange Books...
Case for Christ is the best book I have ever read
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 02:09 PM
(24-11-2013 01:50 PM)Concerned Wrote:  Case for Christ is the best book I have ever read

Hmmm. Strobel decides to "investigate". So he goes to a handful of Christian scholars who tell him exactly what he wants to hear then proclaims, "see, it must be true!".

He didn't even stick his big toe into the rabbit hole that is the historicity of Jesus. He makes a mockery of "investigative journalism". He should be ashamed of himself.

Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
24-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Lmfao my mom sent me that book. Worst book ever. Strobel is such an intellectually dishonest cockmunch. The only people I've seen who enjoy his books are the people who are as deluded as he is. There was nothing convincing in that book.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
24-11-2013, 06:21 PM
(24-11-2013 06:16 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Lmfao my mom sent me that book. Worst book ever. Strobel is such an intellectually dishonest cockmunch. The only people I've seen who enjoy his books are the people who are as deluded as he is. There was nothing convincing in that book.

You're mom too, huh? Dodgy

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
24-11-2013, 06:25 PM
(24-11-2013 06:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 06:16 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Lmfao my mom sent me that book. Worst book ever. Strobel is such an intellectually dishonest cockmunch. The only people I've seen who enjoy his books are the people who are as deluded as he is. There was nothing convincing in that book.

I'm not sure if there's some secret clubs where deluded moms get together to send their kids shitty books. She might be a member though.

"Here's a book full of things I like because it caters to my confirmation bias. I don't like cognitive dissonance and the fact that you don't agree with what I believe. So here's a book with shitty old arguments that are made to sound new but actually aren't. I could probably look up the refutations on the internet if I actually cared, but I don't want to read things that actually contradict my world view because that's uncomfortable. Enjoy!"

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
24-11-2013, 06:26 PM
(24-11-2013 06:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Oops Offtopic
Bad ass holiday avatar Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-11-2013, 06:27 PM
(24-11-2013 06:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 06:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You're mom too, huh? Dodgy

I'm not sure if there's some secret clubs where deluded moms get together to send their kids shitty books. She might be a member though.

"Here's a book full of things I like because it caters to my confirmation bias. I don't like cognitive dissonance and the fact that you don't agree with what I believe. So here's a book with shitty old arguments that are made to sound new but actually aren't. I could probably look up the refutations on the internet if I actually cared, but I don't want to read things that actually contradict my world view because that's uncomfortable. Enjoy!"

I didn't even make it through have the book before I trashed it.
24-11-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 06:35 PM by Logisch.)
(24-11-2013 06:27 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 06:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I'm not sure if there's some secret clubs where deluded moms get together to send their kids shitty books. She might be a member though.

I didn't even make it through have the book before I trashed it.

I love how he actually doesn't cite anything of importance or reference. It's pretty much a lot of:

"Here's a shitty argument. You can know this is true because I asked a guy who claims to be smart and has a PHD in some completely unrelated field. Therefore he sounds smart. Therefore.... proof!"

Or ...

"We can know this is true because durrrr bible!" and continually cites the bible. He completely lacks the ability to counter any of the arguments AGAINST his arguments, and there's TONS of them out there. Yet his arguments come back to completely circular reasoning, because at the end, it's still "Durrrr bible."

I actually wrote a refutation of the book and sent it to my mom. She has stopped sending me books now. Thumbsup

PS: His book "one shitty heartbeat away" is equally as shitty and flawed. It might be worse actually, since it basically is a giant circular reasoning version of pascal's wager and emotional plea.

24-11-2013, 06:34 PM
(24-11-2013 06:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 06:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You're mom too, huh? Dodgy

Better a shitty book than a talking Woody (from Toy Story) doll! Some people call me Woody, so it could have been considered a gag gift if it'd come from anybody other than my late grandmother! But what ya gonna do? Rolleyes
Thannnnk you Mahmaw Hug
24-11-2013, 06:49 PM
(24-11-2013 06:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 06:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I'm not sure if there's some secret clubs where deluded moms get together to send their kids shitty books. She might be a member though.

Better a shitty book than a talking Woody (from Toy Story) doll! Some people call me Woody, so it could have been considered a gag gift if it'd come from anybody other than my late grandmother! But what ya gonna do? Rolleyes
Thannnnk you Mahmaw Hug

She just loves you. How nice!

You'd never probably know if god loved you.