Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(10-05-2013 03:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  Reveal what? that hector wasn't mowing the lawn at the time when he was supposed to? Seriously what do you think it might show that would be so secretive?

Does footage exist? Do you think that the headquarters of the U.S. military doesn't have security cameras? NEXT Drinking Beverage

It was Juan's day.

You are a twit and a bigot.

Please crawl back under your rock.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(12-05-2013 11:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 03:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  Reveal what? that hector wasn't mowing the lawn at the time when he was supposed to? Seriously what do you think it might show that would be so secretive?

Does footage exist? Do you think that the headquarters of the U.S. military doesn't have security cameras? NEXT :coffee:

It was Juan's day.

You are a twit and a bigot.

Please crawl back under your rock.

A bigot because I am an atheist? Yep I hate Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Go back to church bitch.
12-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Your ignorance knows no bounds.

Moron.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-05-2013, 08:13 PM
(12-05-2013 10:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:20 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  US politicians, ergo... the government, have been caught time and time again engaging in outright lies in any number of different scenarios.

No, individual politicians are not 'the government'. One politician lying, cheating, or stealing is not the government lying, cheating, or stealing.

The government is more than the politicians.

Really? Tell me more.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2013, 11:36 PM
(10-05-2013 04:46 AM)I and I Wrote:  I believe it could be. There are people on here who refuse to confront the issue of why the U.S. won't release any videos of a plane hitting the pentagon. These people don't need to see and aren't suspicious of people trying to keep the videos from being seen, their brain is already set in a belief and facts will never and can never over turn that, logic has no chance either. Logic says "there is no good reason at all why video of the plane hitting the pentagon shouldn't be showed to the public" yet this logic does't hold. For whatever mystical woo woo reason, the U.S. has the videos and just doesn't feel like releasing them.

If you are one of these believers, I would like (for entertainment purposes) to hear your reasoning as to why video of the plane hitting the pentagon shouldn't be released.

Entertain me with your unicorn beliefs.....Drinking Beverage

One of the dumbest conspiracy theories to come out about 9/11. Can't say I expect better from an idiot like you.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.asp

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-05-2013, 03:47 AM
(12-05-2013 11:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 04:46 AM)I and I Wrote:  I believe it could be. There are people on here who refuse to confront the issue of why the U.S. won't release any videos of a plane hitting the pentagon. These people don't need to see and aren't suspicious of people trying to keep the videos from being seen, their brain is already set in a belief and facts will never and can never over turn that, logic has no chance either. Logic says "there is no good reason at all why video of the plane hitting the pentagon shouldn't be showed to the public" yet this logic does't hold. For whatever mystical woo woo reason, the U.S. has the videos and just doesn't feel like releasing them.

If you are one of these believers, I would like (for entertainment purposes) to hear your reasoning as to why video of the plane hitting the pentagon shouldn't be released.

One of the dumbest conspiracy theories to come out about 9/11. Can't say I expect better from an idiot like you.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.asp

Ah, you suck. Tongue

Don't be killin' my last conspiracy theory. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 05:32 AM
I think if you believe that a plane hit the Pentagon then you will gather evidence to back this up, quite possibly connecting the dots to suit your belief, discounting all other evidence to the contrary.

If you believe that a plane didn't hit the Pentagon then you will gather evidence to back this up, quite possibly connecting the dots to suit your belief, discounting other evidence to the contrary.

Its how we all operate on every belief we hold, so it can be applied to everything.

I have to be honest I & I and say at one point I did believe that a plane did not hit the pentagon. However a lot of people did see it hit, there was a lot of damage leading up to the crash site to suggest that a winged object created a path of destruction leading up to it and that just because they wont release all the other footage, does not necessarily mean there is anything to be seen in the footage. That is just a presumption (maybe a right one but a presumption none the less)

So yeah... you may have a lot of people dissing you for your views I & I and calling you a fool, but only because it goes against their belief systems and whilst every single one of us proclaims to be open minded and free thinking, we are but only to certain degrees as something we think of as "real" turns out not to be... is uncomfortable for us to acknowledge and accept. So in my eyes (and I include myself) to call someone an idiot for their beliefs is.... idiotic. Its just words on a screen that in reality has no bearing on your actual day to day existence.

The words on the screen extends to everything that you read on the internet pertaining to whatever it is your looking up/studying/have an interest in. All written by individuals who have their own beliefs and agendas so to call something the "absolute truth" is like trying to describe ineffability.

I like to acknowledge uncomfortable "truths" and one of them is what I have just. In the past I & I you have referred me to shows on Russia Today. Now when I look at Russia and their abusive human rights policies, their huge corruption and that their programmes only have dazzingly good looking women presenting them, that for one second dont actually report on the bad side of Russia itself, is that not in itself "propaganda" to make something sound bad???

So to sum up no you dont need evidence to believe in something, because in my eyes there is no "truth" other than what you want it to be.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-05-2013, 10:38 AM

A little behind on your news?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12818225/ns/us...ZEUXkr6pmI
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195702,00.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/pentagon.video/

It's very old news now so the actual videos are apparently gone or moved, but video footage was released in 2006.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
15-05-2013, 11:37 AM
i will never discuss the pentagon myself because of the fact the video hasn't been released. absence of evidence is.........annoying. the only part of that day i will discuss is building 7, because there is evidence. why people still buy the official report after seeing building 7 go down is beyond me. who done it is not in my interest either. kennedy's still a mystery for some.

something cliche about stuffEvil_monster
15-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Re: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
Wow, I think I see how it all stems up now. This isn't about believing or not believing... This issue of this thread is a case if not understanding logic.

There isn't a need for a reason to not show it.. Because there's no good reason to show it.

What would the purpose of releasing footage of something be? Its not the job of them to convince or give evidence to people of something. That's a waste if time because obviously there will always be a chuck of people disbelieving ideas. When does it end to show all evidence that can be found. It serves no benefit.

So a good reason for you IandI.. Its a pointless waste of time. (yes it upsets people, those with power withhold information, that's reality, and not every time its to hide a lie, sometimes it is)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson