Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(15-05-2013 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Wow, I think I see how it all stems up now. This isn't about believing or not believing... This issue of this thread is a case if not understanding logic.

There isn't a need for a reason to not show it.. Because there's no good reason to show it.

What would the purpose of releasing footage of something be? Its not the job of them to convince or give evidence to people of something. That's a waste if time because obviously there will always be a chuck of people disbelieving ideas. When does it end to show all evidence that can be found. It serves no benefit.

So a good reason for you IandI.. Its a pointless waste of time. (yes it upsets people, those with power withhold information, that's reality, and not every time its to hide a lie, sometimes it is)

So you believe they do have footage of a plane hitting the pentagon but decide not to release it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Would it even matter if they did have it and released it?
You wouldn't believe it even if you saw it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-05-2013, 01:33 PM
You know, I've seen some spectacular footage of humans landing on the moon. And yet, some people...
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
15-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Re: RE: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(15-05-2013 12:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Would it even matter if they did have it and released it?

Exactly, there will always be a percentage of folks but believing some story, footage, tale. True or not. To attempt to lessen that group of people is not a good reason to release information.

But yes to that question, iandi, I do believe that, but I don't know that.(I also believe they have info that the Pennsylvania flight was shot down.)
15-05-2013, 02:00 PM
(15-05-2013 01:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  (I also believe they have info that the Pennsylvania flight was shot down.)

Who is 'they'? What info?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2013, 02:38 PM
(15-05-2013 01:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 12:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Would it even matter if they did have it and released it?

Exactly, there will always be a percentage of folks but believing some story, footage, tale. True or not. To attempt to lessen that group of people is not a good reason to release information.

But yes to that question, iandi, I do believe that, but I don't know that.(I also believe they have info that the Pennsylvania flight was shot down.)

again, what reason would there be for not releasing the video?
15-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Re: RE: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(15-05-2013 02:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 01:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Exactly, there will always be a percentage of folks but believing some story, footage, tale. True or not. To attempt to lessen that group of people is not a good reason to release information.

Its a waste of government time and effort.... It serves no purpose or benefit. Oh and the people taking down a hijacked plane thing is a good story innit?

Chas, they, I mean the aliens that live.. Oh no, the us department of defense.. Air force.. Others associated. I guess I could just say government.

I don't know it's true but believe that part only via anecdotal evidence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-05-2013, 03:31 PM
(15-05-2013 03:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 02:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  again, what reason would there be for not releasing the video?

Its a waste of government time and effort.... It serves no purpose or benefit. Oh and the people taking down a hijacked plane thing is a good story innit?

Chas, they, I mean the aliens that live.. Oh no, the us department of defense.. Air force.. Others associated. I guess I could just say government.

The passengers taking down the hijackers is a compelling and inspiring story, and there is supporting evidence.

However, I would be pleased if the plane had been shot down. That is also a compelling story, but there is no evidence that it happened.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2013, 09:32 AM
(15-05-2013 02:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 01:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Exactly, there will always be a percentage of folks but believing some story, footage, tale. True or not. To attempt to lessen that group of people is not a good reason to release information.

Did you miss my post a page back? The video was released.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
16-05-2013, 09:02 PM
(15-05-2013 03:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 02:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  again, what reason would there be for not releasing the video?

The logic you are using to excuse the government not releasing the video footage is the same bullshit logic that religious people use. "God doesn't need to show himself" " god doesn't show himself because people will believe or not regardless". Why is this logic called out for bullshit regarding a religion but the. You guys use the same logic on things like 9-11