Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
(05-06-2013 11:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 05:59 PM)I and I Wrote:  What real evidence were they using to confirm to themselves that Hussein had wmd's?

There were facilities whose purpose wasn't immediately obvious. The Iraqi government was sometimes uncooperative with UN inspectors (justified or not, it was an imposition on their soveriegnty). They did have a large stockpile of uranium (which predated the first gulf war and was still sitting exactly where the UN inspectors left it - they weren't idiots). Saddam had used chemical weapons in the past.

String those together with enough wishful thinking and self-deception, and you get - well, you get what happened.

What facilities did the Iraqis not allow inspectors in?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
(05-06-2013 12:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  What facilities did the Iraqis not allow inspectors in?

Well, first, that's not what I even said, so there's that. But we can play that game all day, you questioning whatever specifics I bring up. I don't have sources at hand; why should I? You really need a source for the Iraqis resenting sanctions and externally imposed oversight?

You want to know a real conspiracy theory?

The Ontario government, under the previous Premier Dalton McGuinty, promsed, as part of their election platform in spring 2011, to cancel the proposed (and already initiated) construction of two gas power plants, in Mississauga and Oakville. There was a predicted cost associated with this. It turned out to be a wild lowball - later estimates (though quite inconsistent in themselves) were consistently higher. The government tried to deny this, and the Premier stepped down at, conveniently enough, about the time this finally came out. Now we've learned that certain emails relating to the original cost estimates were mysteriously deleted.

That's a real conspiracy. That totally happened. Notice how it's a mere matter of politicians covering their asses. Notice how it was easily uncovered by a simple investigation (at a government hearing). And notice how fucking mundane it is.
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
(05-06-2013 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 12:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  What facilities did the Iraqis not allow inspectors in?

Well, first, that's not what I even said, so there's that. But we can play that game all day, you questioning whatever specifics I bring up. I don't have sources at hand; why should I? You really need a source for the Iraqis resenting sanctions and externally imposed oversight?

You want to know a real conspiracy theory?

The Ontario government, under the previous Premier Dalton McGuinty, promsed, as part of their election platform in spring 2011, to cancel the proposed (and already initiated) construction of two gas power plants, in Mississauga and Oakville. There was a predicted cost associated with this. It turned out to be a wild lowball - later estimates (though quite inconsistent in themselves) were consistently higher. The government tried to deny this, and the Premier stepped down at, conveniently enough, about the time this finally came out. Now we've learned that certain emails relating to the original cost estimates were mysteriously deleted.

That's a real conspiracy. That totally happened. Notice how it's a mere matter of politicians covering their asses. Notice how it was easily uncovered by a simple investigation (at a government hearing). And notice how fucking mundane it is.

Yes I do need evidence that Hussein didn't allow inspectors in certain areas. There is nobody I have ever heard of that even challenges the view that Hussein resented and complied with inspections.

And what makes you think bush really believed that hussein had WMDs when his own top advisors told him that Iraq had none.
05-06-2013, 09:28 PM
(05-06-2013 01:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  Yes I do need evidence that Hussein didn't allow inspectors in certain areas.
(05-06-2013 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ... that's not what I even said.

Quote:And what makes you think bush really believed that hussein had WMDs when his own top advisors told him that Iraq had none.
(05-06-2013 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ... that's not what I even said.
06-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Believing in something without needing evidence.....conspiracy theory?
Conspiracy theory: I and I is with FBI. He posts wild theories here in order to get reactions out of the public in order to assess public distrust of government.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post