RE: Believing
Look into Gnosticism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2017, 10:58 PM
You know what gives people comfort ?

Answer- Not facing reality.
You can delude yourself into all kinds of comfort zones when the going gets tough.

I prefer to deal with my pain from a loved one who has died. I prefer to feel it instead of masking over it with some drivel about a supernatural blowhard.

Instead of trying to figure out what religion best fits what you believe, you'd be better served figuring out WHY you believe the things you believe.

Justify your beliefs.
I like to have as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as I can.

If you care whether or not your beliefs are true, then you'll try to justify why you believe them.

If you don't care if your beliefs are true or not, then I can't help you.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
18-04-2017, 12:17 AM
RE: Believing Nonsense
Time Spent Online: 8 Minutes, 1 Second Consider

(15-04-2017 07:35 AM)Observer123 Wrote:  Quick example, you are a father of 2 children. Your wife kids, mom, father They all crash in a car accident and you don’t have anybody left… Except for god… He will always be there right. It is an untouchable and never changing object/spirit/person whatever that will always be there and it gives people hope.

No. He will never be there. People are giving themselves hope.

While it's true that religion can have a positive effect, it's hard to miss the fact that its few charities and graces are vastly outweighed by its horrors and attrocities as a quick review of either history or current events will demonstrate. If you'd taken the time to read through the Recovering from Religion section before calling us arrogant and ignorant you'd know exactly what damage religion can do and you might not now require the services of a proctologist to dislodge your head.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-04-2017, 09:09 PM
(15-04-2017 07:35 AM)Observer123 Wrote:  Quick example, you are a father of 2 children. Your wife kids, mom, father They all crash in a car accident and you don’t have anybody left… Except for god… He will always be there right. It is an untouchable and never changing object/spirit/person whatever that will always be there and it gives people hope. This is one of the thousands of reasons perhaps millions why I respect religion.

Technically that's delusion, not necessarily religion.
As usual, the robed conmen have taken a natural concept - in this case, distracting yourself with happy thoughts from real misery - and tries to justify their profession by pretending to have a patent on said concept. They don't.

Not sure where you fit in. Especially nowadays when people play fast and lose with definitions.
Why are you looking a label?
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
21-04-2017, 11:18 AM
How the fuck do you know if an object is never changing if you can't see, hear, taste, or touch it? Saying an invisible, undetectable object is "never changing" is quite stupid.

"Hey the invisible pink Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle next to me is never changing and is ALWAYS with me!!"
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
21-04-2017, 01:46 PM
(21-04-2017 11:18 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  How the fuck do you know if an object is never changing if you can't see, hear, taste, or touch it? Saying an invisible, undetectable object is "never changing" is quite stupid.

"Hey the invisible pink Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle next to me is never changing and is ALWAYS with me!!"

It's never changing if it's all in your head.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-04-2017, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 02:10 PM by Jeanne.)
I think you are a Deist, except God doesn't interact with humanity under that label.

Other than that, what you discuss is a lifestyle designed to make you feel better.

And...being an atheist means I don't have to "know" anything about any religion/deity belief. Why should I? And...why should I teach my children anything about any religion/deity belief? As a hobby, maybe...but I hate that theists always think atheists should learn about such childish nonsense and should allow our children to be influenced in any way by what we reason to be an unfounded belief in an unsubstantiated supernatural entity.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
21-04-2017, 02:38 PM
You sound desperate, desperate to believe, desperate to try and validate your belief desperate for acceptance, desperate to have your belief dominate, override and have control. Leastways that's how you come across to me. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-04-2017, 02:58 PM
All right from the accident where everybody dies in car accident and there is god who protect you. 1 . God will not gonna provide you food to live on.
2. ON earth evey year 2.7 million people die every year 3. Because of religion 1.1 billion people dide because of religion wars. Religion is a greatet tool ever created that control and divide human race.
4. Hindu religion 11000 year old -Christian is 4500 year old and muslim is 1500 year old.
Christan killed millions hindu turn them into Christian then muslim killed millions of christan and tirn them into muslim.
So called allha rape 6 year old girls and list goes on of war crime of religion . Un speakble
Christan killed theire own womens which follow christan -why they speak english - those women killed by burning , slaughter and drawing ect. .
5. Every year 1.3 million womens killed , rape and sold okkk. Shame yeah.... United stated of america is first in rape case anyway.
You know what happening in syria how many kids die.

The main point is if you take jump in shark mouth no gods can save you . He cant feed you or Protect you or anything else but god myth creat a illusion aroud you so you can stay in society bond otherwise think everthing aroud will fall in to pieces . It's the truth.
21-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Drive by theist confirmed?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.