Bemores annual moan about Christmas....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Bemores annual moan about Christmas....
(24-12-2015 09:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny that Easter uses colored eggs to lead kids to worship a torture device.

And even funnier that Christians wear a small version of that torture device around their necks every day. Bizarre to say the least.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2015, 12:46 PM
(24-12-2015 12:31 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 09:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny that Easter uses colored eggs to lead kids to worship a torture device.

And even funnier that Christians wear a small version of that torture device around their necks every day. Bizarre to say the least.

How do you think people would react to ISIS's beheaded victims family and friends wearing a tiny silver saber from a silver chain?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
24-12-2015, 01:18 PM
[Image: Funny-Christmas-Grumpy-Cat-082.jpg]

The holiday is just a footnote of the year. Yes the presents are great. And people try to shove baby Jesus in. But it's just a tradition. Like any other holiday, it's become commercialized. But at it's core I think it's a warm fuzzy feeling.

In my house we would only get toys during Christmas and birthdays. So if there was something that you really wanted You would have to wait for those days. Many of our neighbors would get the newest thing when ever it came out. When I would visit they have grown board of it very rapidly. Mostly because they would have the next best thing. It made me "appreciate" or value the things I did have a little more.

It introduces Santa into conversation. As a child it's a wondrous and magical thought. Then at the age of reason becomes a tool to becoming skeptical. Questioning beliefs that one holds dear.

The holiday evolved into what it is today. It was original shunned by Christians. Kissing under mistletoe, was greatly frowned upon. Bringing trees inside to symbolize survival in the hardest of conditions, is pagan. Christian just liked to move in on establish holidays to convert people.

It's fun to be a part of something that can connect generations of people is something astounding to me. Eggnog, and the smell of pine. Somethings that are just more appreciated when not used all the time. Could you imagine just get a Valentines day card every week. After a while you would just "oh...thanks...another one." You just appreciate things more in small dosses.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post