Ben Carson and fetal tissue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Ben Carson and fetal tissue
I was going to post this in the middle of another thread but, naaaah, I think hypocrites usually deserve their own threads.

He used fetal tissue in the 90's for research but I didn't see much press on this when the Planned Parenthood story came out. He was front and center condemning PP though.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ben-carson-co...tal-tissue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Ben Carson and fetal tissue
It's amazing how your political positions change via practical manners vs running for office after a certain demographic.

After several things I've heard him say in the past like, "we think it's okay to say buddhist/spiritual things but it's shunned when we praise Jesus" and other defensive positions, I don't care to think it is just a tactic but he may be a bit religiously delusional these days.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-09-2015, 02:47 PM
For such a brilliant guy, he sure makes some boneheaded statements.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Carson is right when he says there are separate issues. Abortion is one issue, the selling of baby parts to generate revenue is another, utilizing the baby parts from abortion in medical research is a third. They should not be conflated.

Just because abortion is morally wrong does not mean that conducting research using tissues obtained from aborted human beings is wrong.
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
(07-09-2015 02:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was going to post this in the middle of another thread but, naaaah, I think hypocrites usually deserve their own threads.

He used fetal tissue in the 90's for research but I didn't see much press on this when the Planned Parenthood story came out. He was front and center condemning PP though.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ben-carson-co...tal-tissue

we change, we grow.
Obama did not support same sex marriage in 2008. He changed his opinion. There is nothing wrong with this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED