Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
I recommend atheists do this with all local and national politicians.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
I like Ben Carson as a person. He's sympathetic and has a good sense of humor, but if I was an American, I would never vote for him on account of his shameful scientific ignorance.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Those were good questions, and I liked how he asked them in a way that doesn't make atheists look like assholes.

BUT...I really wish someone could have done a rebuttal to dismantle all the things Ben Carson got wrong. Atheists have faith too, the founding fathers were men of faith, the constitutions is founded on Judeo-Christian principals... Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-01-2016, 06:55 PM
(30-01-2016 06:38 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I like Ben Carson as a person. He's sympathetic and has a good sense of humor, but if I was an American, I would never vote for him on account of his shameful scientific ignorance.

Did you just forget to use the subjunctive?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
30-01-2016, 07:12 PM
(30-01-2016 06:55 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 06:38 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I like Ben Carson as a person. He's sympathetic and has a good sense of humor, but if I was an American, I would never vote for him on account of his shameful scientific ignorance.

Did you just forget to use the subjunctive?

Is grammer that importint to you? Tongue

I don't know why people think Ben Carson's scientific ignorance is somehow at odds with the fact that he's a surgeon. Surgeons don't spend a lot of their time trying to falsify their own hypotheses, unless they want to get sued for malpractice. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
30-01-2016, 07:15 PM
(30-01-2016 07:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 06:55 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you just forget to use the subjunctive?

It's probably not that important to him, but he knows that it's important to me. I'm held to a higher standard here because I'm the resident Grammar Nazi. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2016, 10:42 PM
(30-01-2016 07:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 07:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  Is grammer that importint to you? Tongue
It's probably not that important to him, but he knows that it's important to me. I'm held to a higher standard here because I'm the resident Grammar Nazi. Big Grin

Exactly. And I'm hoping if I catch him in a grammatical slip he might finally give me a rep point after all of these years.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
30-01-2016, 10:53 PM
(30-01-2016 07:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 06:55 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you just forget to use the subjunctive?

I don't know why people think Ben Carson's scientific ignorance is somehow at odds with the fact that he's a surgeon. Surgeons don't spend a lot of their time trying to falsify their own hypotheses, unless they want to get sued for malpractice. Laugh out load

I agree, as a surgeon he is basically a brain mechanic not a scientist or a scientific theorist. But his science ignorance and his religious willful ignorance still disqualifies him for presidency, imo.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
30-01-2016, 11:52 PM
The conjoined twins he separated at the brain back in 1987, the operation and that made him so famous, those twins didn't actually fair too well. They are both went to a home for disabled children and became wards of the state because the German mother simply couldn't take care of them.

One of the twins died as an adult and the other twin, who is 28 now, has difficulty talking and barely says anything.

The German mother of the twins lost her faith in god because of the aftermath of the operation and wished she'd never gone through with it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle...story.html

Ben Carson always talks like he took a bottle of Xanax and is about to fall asleep.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-01-2016, 12:04 AM
He did not answer the questions (honestly), but his answer was less disgusting than Rubio's.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.