Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 05:43 AM
RE: Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
in the US only rocket scientists and neurosurgeons have made any large contributions

[Image: ben_carson8.jpg]

well... at least we can still say that about rocket scientists
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
31-01-2016, 07:20 AM
There is sort of a tradition in the US of neurosurgeons doing and saying REALLY stupid things. http://www.amazon.com/Proof-Heaven-Neuro...1451695195

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Oh, and let me add to my previous post about his "Gifted Hands"

This is from a November 9th 2015 article in Wall Street on Parade. It's kind of interesting.

"Of the five sets of Siamese twins, or 10 individuals, which Carson surgically attempted to separate, five people died and two were institutionalized with serious neurological damage. According to the New York Times, those results are not anymore stellar than the results dating back to the 1920s. In The Times report on the Bijani adult twins, writers Wayne Arnold and Denise Grady report the following:

“Similar operations have been reported on 30 to 40 sets of infants and young children since the 1920’s, but the death rate has been high, about 50 percent, and many survivors have suffered brain damage.”

New York Times OpEd columnist Charles M. Blow writes in today’s print edition that “Carson may no longer be a practicing physician, but he is a full-time profiteer, selling his story in books and speeches and paid handsomely to do so. Good work, if you can get it…Media observers seem to me too focused on Ben Carson the candidate. I remain focused on Ben Carson the enterprise, and apparently, so is he.”

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-01-2016, 11:53 AM
(31-01-2016 05:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  in the US only rocket scientists and neurosurgeons have made any large contributions

To be fair those rocket scientists were mainly Germans we "liberated" from the Third Reich.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-01-2016, 12:03 PM
(31-01-2016 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 05:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  in the US only rocket scientists and neurosurgeons have made any large contributions

To be fair those rocket scientists were mainly Germans we "liberated" from the Third Reich.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-01-2016, 12:48 PM
I wish someone could have called him out on the usual "Our country founded on Judeo-Christian...." because it was not. God is mentioned no where in the Constitution and "One Nation Under God" and "in God we Trust" was added to the Pledge and money long after our nation's founding.

But most of you already know that. The main worry to me about Carson and Cruz for that matter is they almost certainly really believe* the bible to the extent that they are probably "End of Days" believers as well. Do we want a President with his finger on "the nuclear button" that believes that rapture crap ? Scary thought.

----------------------------

*But as with most Christians haven't actually read the bible to see where Christ explains numerous times that he will return within the lifetimes of his apostles ! Over 2000 years later...oops...
[+] 2 users Like Zeus's post
31-01-2016, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 01:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-01-2016 12:48 PM)Zeus Wrote:  I wish someone could have called him out on the usual "Our country founded on Judeo-Christian...." because it was not. God is mentioned no where in the Constitution and "One Nation Under God" and "in God we Trust" was added to the Pledge and money long after our nation's founding.

But most of you already know that. The main worry to me about Carson and Cruz for that matter is they almost certainly really believe* the bible to the extent that they are probably "End of Days" believers as well. Do we want a President with his finger on "the nuclear button" that believes that rapture crap ? Scary thought.

*But as with most Christians haven't actually read the bible to see where Christ explains numerous times that he will return within the lifetimes of his apostles ! Over 2000 years later...oops...

The Treaty with Tripoli (1791 ?) specifically says the US was "NOT in any way founded on the Christian religion". Written by Washington's admin, (passed unanimously by the senate) and signed by Adams.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-01-2016, 01:49 PM
(31-01-2016 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 12:48 PM)Zeus Wrote:  I wish someone could have called him out on the usual "Our country founded on Judeo-Christian...." because it was not. God is mentioned no where in the Constitution and "One Nation Under God" and "in God we Trust" was added to the Pledge and money long after our nation's founding.

The Treaty with Tripoli (1791 ?) specifically says the US was NOT in any way founded on the Christian religion. Written by Washington's admin, (passed unanimously by the senate) and signed by Adams.

You're taking it out of context - it was allegorical. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2016, 01:58 PM
(31-01-2016 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Treaty with Tripoli (1791 ?) specifically says the US was NOT in any way founded on the Christian religion. Written by Washington's admin, (passed unanimously by the senate) and signed by Adams.

You're taking it out of context - it was allegorical. Facepalm

I think you have a brain tumor and better go see him. Rolleyes

01-02-2016, 08:25 AM

"Judeo-Christian" Angry

[Image: fark_D9VPmdHr0lvxRKr0k75TCb8uG7s.png?t=W...1454907600]
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post